Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Wild Lands

Bella (played by Loki)

(OOC Note: The Wild Lands are just what their name implies. Here live many wild creatures, though the Wild Lands themselves is the 400 mile territory of the Wild Pack and its affiliate packs. Fields, valleys, cliffs, waterfalls, and even patches of desert and mountain can all be found here. The central location is a great plateau littered with dens. Atop it stands a seven foot stone statue of a great wolf, around which a long-lost language etches a small bible. Any creature is allowed in this room, not just wolves. Many an explorer has ventured through this broad expanse. For a fuller description of the entire region, follow this link: Wilds Land Description. For other information check here Other Pack Information. )

Bella was glad for the quiet, after the war things had settled down considerably. Neji was healing nicely and things were starting to get back to normal. Currently she was sitting underneath the tree that had appeared there during the war, just listening and watching the lands. She felt like she was waiting for something, but she wasn't sure what. Everything had already happened, and now it was time to enjoy the peace that followed. Nothing was amiss in the lands as far as she could tell, so for now, she just waited.

Martivir was around too, but since his sister had gone to slumber, he didn't leave his den much. He was enjoying the peace as much as anybody, and even though it wasn't right, he still did miss his twin. If anybody were to look for him, they could find him in his den.
Neji (played by Rubix)

Neji had recovered a great deal since the war but it was obvious the wolf still had some ways to go. Being the size of a large Grizzly Bear he hefted his hulk with a painful gait, he'd suffered major burns over most of his body leaving him to heal in a rough and painful transition of raw flesh to what he looked like now. He was covered in massive scars, with patches of plus hair popping up here and there. He still looked like a patchwork wolf but at least he had enough coat on him so he didn't look totally disgusting. Still, he spent most of his days in the den keeping himself from moving around too much.

He lifted his head and sniffed taking in the smell of the day, with the quiet he could heal in peace without having to worry about someone trying to pick him off. With an awkward dragging of one leg he'd make his way over to Bella and sit down with an "oof".

"I'm feeling like hunting, think there's something slow enough out there?" He offered a doggy grin, he'd been feeling like himself again which was a good sign. Though normal Neji was kind of a goof ball.
Pippin (played anonymously)

He poked his small little head up out of the burrow, inhaling the fresh air. He rarely went out of the den, he would always recall his mother's words of warning. But a young polecat whose mom had been missing for a week, was getting worried. He was always reminded that there were predators such as hawks, owls, foxes and wolves, though the thought had currently slipped his mind as he ventured a few feet from the burrow. His small whiskers twitched at every movement.
Charna (played by ChaosTheMew)

Charna walked in the shade the trees had created.She didn't know much about this land since she had just arrived here herself.She stopped under a tree,greatfull that her pitch black fur made her look like she was part of the shade.She kept herself on high alert for anything that came near her for her blood red eyes would give her position away.She was tired so she lied down and closed her eyes."Good thing I'm a wolf."She whispered in her mind as she fell asleep.
Sol (played by Zeric)

There came one wolf who had taken himself away from the lands of the Wild Pack after the war, a wolf who hadn't been since he had sent himself into exile, however his sister had sought him out and travelled across vast grass plains, wondered through deep valleys and had eventually found him in a desolate desert. He had been reluctant to return, at first, however his deep bond to his sibling and her gentle but insistent words had broken through his hard exterior and convinced him to return to the lands of his birth.

However this was not done without trepidation. He did not expect much in the way of a welcome given how many had been angered at him before he had left for not following the will of Wehfre Onofre, but it had been what he felt he needed to do to live his life by his own terms. Considered however that life had been one spent in isolation without home or territory it was questionable if he had even achieved that.

The scents of his home tickled his memory, but he had never smelt them during a time of peace. It was...strange to think that he did not need to fight for the land now. The grass was cool and springy under his paws, so much more pleasant than the harsh, dry sands of the desert he had to admit to himself. He looked up from his paws and found that he had come upon a large tree and under than tree where two wolves with their backs to him. He stopped dead and his blood chilled in his veins.

The female’s scent was unmistakable Bella’s. His voice stuck in his throat as he was suddenly fearful of the reception he would receive from her, but he had to know, had to speak to her. He called out to her attempting to sound strong and confident, but his tone instead was hesitant and unsure. “Be...Bella?"
Bella (played by Loki) Topic Starter

There wasn't much that went on in the Wilds that Bella didn't know about. She knew about the approaching wolves the minute they set foot on the lands, though it wasn't all that unusual to have wolves pass through, given the size of the lands.

Bella knew Sol was approaching, but she didn't comment to Neji. She would wait until the wolf spoke to her, and she turned, her ears pricked forward. "You've returned." Maybe not exactly the warm welcome he'd been expecting, but at least she wasn't outright attacking him. Her tail flicked and her ears twitched while she looked him over, "Where have you been?"

She kept her attention on Sol, but turned one ear towards Neji, "There's another visitor to the lands." Hopefully Neji would be able to sniff her out, "You should go and see what she wants." She was pretty sure she could take care of herself when it came to Sol, and hopefully he would be less intimidated without Neji hovering.
Neji (played by Rubix)

Neji tensed at the approach of the male, he could tell there was another visitor but Neji's instincts made his body tighten. His attention stayed on the mae as his mate spoke to him only then did his ears twitch over. He knew she could handle herself, but he was protective and also very obedient.

He pushed himself up and forced his body to react with the youth it'd lacked since his injuries. He'd regret it later but he refused show weakness, not in front of whoever this mae was. He nodded to Bella before trotting off to find this mysterious new fae.

It wouldn't take him long to find Charna, and the hulking brute would pause to take her in. "Can I help you?"
Valona (played by CookieLurv)

Valona watched from the shadows, head lowered as she eyed the group warily. Should she make her presence known, or move on? No she needed to put herself out there. Her paw moved forward, but froze as the male wolf stood and moved toward something she couldn't see. Slowly she put her paw back on the ground. Move forward.She urged herself. Her mind was ready, but her body wouldn't obey it's commands. Darn it Val! You can do this! One step at a time. One step. No progress.
Auroch (played by Minerva)

For being such a momma's pup, auroch rarely visited the plateau. His mediocre position in both packs demanded by nature's balance that he remain a scout, anyway. He prefered searching the lands for shreds of memories. The void he felt in the absence of his birthparents had been mostly filled, but that did not kill his curiosity. Maintaining borders and bringing in an occasional hunt was important, right? He broke from the still pond waters he stood at when a brief breeze brought foreign scents to his nose. The lands were vast, and even in following him they had ample time for their trail to cut towards the plateau. He knew what scents did and didn't belong here. Even Sol was foreign to him. He couldnt explain the warm tug that drew him back toward the plateau, even beyond patrol. He should have been more concerned about wolves that didn't announce their presence. Even when the tribal bear-wolf gained clear view of one--varuna, tentative steps rustling familiar foliage--he stared and walked past her (c)

Robotically, until within several yards of sol and bella. Sol, in many ways, took aspects of their father; even the bullheadedness that had made his exile was but a mirror. The feeling was familiar somehow. His canine lips pursed as if to question, but he said nothing as he extended his neck. Similarly, auroch's eyes might be familiar, parallel the soul searching, glowing electric blues of their sire. Elsewise, only his size, and engraved rather than natural markings were impressive--neither of which told of his wild father, but rather of wehfre's yashin mate. In fact, his build, and certain white eyemarkings made him more resemble the even bigger brute who he nearly brushed shoulders with when passing the vagrant faes.

er, valona** mybad, tried to remember since my phone doesnt display backlog posts to save memory! I will now, i swear!

She nearly jumped out of her fur when the huge wolf sauntered past her, apparently seeing her, but making no move towards her. Bad idea, wait for a smaller group. Yeah. she began talking herself out of it, taking small steps backwards. Which she ended up backing into a tree, making it shake some leave off. Showering her in foliage and twigs. Wide eyed and ears straight forward, Valona looked at the group to see if they had taken notice.
Charna (played by ChaosTheMew)

Charna looked up at Neji and noticed he was bigger than her.She stood up with her pure black fur on end."I'm not looking for help,thank you very much."Charna said as she watched Neji with her blood red eyes.
Sol (played by Zeric)

Sol had hoped that Bella might find some joy in his return, but realistically he knew that simply would not be the case. Honestly though her rather cold greeting left him feeling empty he was lucky that was the worst of it. He’d been about to reply when Belle made an excuse for Neji to take leave. Like the other male Sol instinctually tensed up and locked eyes with the other canine. For a moment he had thought Neji would make a remark against him or show his jaws. But he didn’t and though the air was thick with tension, the moment passed without incident. Then it was just him and Belle.

His ears had stood erect and alert when facing Neji but they folded down and pressed against his skull once he was alone with the fem. He turned his head and tried to gather his thoughts with some success. He breathed in and out and calmed himself. He turned back to her looking not at all confident. “Yes...I have. I eh...I needed to clear my head of...” He stopped, shut his eyes and shook his head in a subtle gesture. “No...No that’s not the truth.” He opened his eyes and again turned his gaze upon her. “I know I should have been here Belle. I just wasn’t strong enough to deal with a time of peace and the responsibilities I was expected to carry out.”

A poor excuse he knew, but what else was there to say? He became aware of another wolf who had taken up a posistion a short distance from them, his scent having reached him quickly. But he cared not, his attention was only for Belle.

(several yards off, you can just staple an addition on infering the convo happened before he got so close?)

Valona heaved a sigh of relief when it appeared no one noticed so she turned around and started away from the group. Perhaps she could find food then try to speak to them. That way she won't have an empty stomach when she faced them. Val hoped that, despite her small stature, they wouldn't be too judgmental.

He was too entranced, at first, with a firey-toned, yet not ablaze version of his father for much of anyone else. A loud thud drew a twitch of his ear towards the sound. It drew him back to reality, also focusing on a nearby conversation that made him slighty bristle. He turned about, only to find two different sources of his upset. One backpedaling fae, and one without shame. The words that reached him nulled even Wehfre's understanding and open treatice. He offered a woof to Valona to be the first to acknowledge, his sign of in a minute. But Charna and Neji were approached, as he speaks. "If you don't need help, and haven't barked or let anyone know you're in our land, why are you here? It's clearly marked as belonging to someone. We don't barge into other lands unannounced," anymore, at least. The war was over. "Why are you doing it? Did you not get taught manners or something?" perhaps it was bolder than Neji was used to, but with most of his time set to patroling lately, he was starting to get a bit --

More serious in the ways of territory and permissions. Cause and effect. Still he stood a few feet behind Neji with a lower stated tail, inferring his inferior rank to the slightly larger male.

Valona stiffened and looked at them over her shoulder. "I was passing through, but I'm sorry for crossing your boundaries. I can't smell ever since....several days ago when I got stung." her ears lowered as she turned towards them and sat. Making no move forward or backwards. "I was going to introduce myself, but seeing as how each of you are bigger and were in the middle of conversation. I didn't want to take the chance of getting my head bit off for interrupting." showing that in fact she did have manners and didn't quite like getting accused of not using them.

"You... You're fine. You can't smell, you need help. This one," charna was his focus, from behind neji, "doesn't need any. She said so to the local King." it was an unusual title for the alpha position, but maybe they can parse it.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Wild Lands

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus