Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Is there anything like a furry RP-Repository

Asroc

MugoUrth wrote:
ThePsychicBruiser wrote:
I have Repede, which is just a dog, Red XIII/Nanaki which is a four legged animal with human like intelligence and Scais, a Dog Man person. If that counts.

The only furry I kind of avoid are Sonic characters, because it feels awkward to me.

Aren't those RPG characters? Sure, I can RP with Scais, but... why does everyone hate Sonic so much? Every time I see people bash him, I feel kind of sad inside. Maybe because I can't get away from it. :(

...Meh, but whatever, do you have an idea.

I also brought in Shady Thousand, another rare character from a childhood game I had.

I had my run with Sonic Rpers and allot of them tend to be horrible OCs which range from recolours, to Sonic's Long Lost brother, Sister, etc. That or just really cheese and ham type OCs that are seriously Over Powered.

The Canon Sonic characters such as Tails, Sonic, Knuckles, Mighty and Knack/Fang I am fine with. As long people aren't making them sexual, or dramatic. This also happened with the Donkey Kong Community where I Rped as Kaptain K.Rool and I kept getting pressured by a really OOC Donkey Kong who kept harassing me when I clearly told him off.

Though, if someone Rped as the Banjo-Kazooie characters, I'd be really happy.

As for the RP. I can offer Scias or Shady to have an RP with one of your muses.
MugoUrth Topic Starter

Copper_Dragon wrote:
Every franchise has its opponents/decriers(spelling?). It's just something you gotta let roll off your back and not let it get to you. As a Pokemon fan, I've seen my fair share of folks hating on it--including other fans! Lordy, the Pokemon fanbase is a fickle and broken beast. Point is you'll always run into someone who REALLY dislikes something you're a fan of, and you just shouldn't let it bug ya. Less stress that way. <g>

That feels like it's only true about Franchises I like. I NEVER see Metal Gear/Resident Evil/Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem/TWEWY/etc. haters because apparently those games are unhateable.

Now that I think of it, both of those characters would be pretty cool to RP with, though I really do like Shady. He seems like the kind of character who would benefit from someone playful as a partner.
Asroc

MugoUrth wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:
Every franchise has its opponents/decriers(spelling?). It's just something you gotta let roll off your back and not let it get to you. As a Pokemon fan, I've seen my fair share of folks hating on it--including other fans! Lordy, the Pokemon fanbase is a fickle and broken beast. Point is you'll always run into someone who REALLY dislikes something you're a fan of, and you just shouldn't let it bug ya. Less stress that way. <g>

That feels like it's only true about Franchises I like. I NEVER see Metal Gear/Resident Evil/Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem/TWEWY/etc. haters because apparently those games are unhateable.

Now that I think of it, both of those characters would be pretty cool to RP with, though I really do like Shady. He seems like the kind of character who would benefit from someone playful as a partner.

Would you like to plot or shall I wing an RP with him?

On the topic, I have seen no one hate on SlyCooper, either.
Kim Site Admin

MugoUrth wrote:

This is probably because you don't go looking for/starting conversations about things you aren't interested in nearly as often. You probably also don't feel any need to defend/look out for attacks on things you don't like or don't care about. Confirmation bias at work!

Also, I want to point out that no one has bashed Sonic in this thread at all. Someone just said that they personally felt awkward playing it, which could mean pretty much anything - I feel awkward playing in certain franchises that I adore.
MugoUrth wrote:

Trust me bro, those franchises have their haters. You might not see them, but they exist.
MugoUrth Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
MugoUrth wrote:

This is probably because you don't go looking for/starting conversations about things you aren't interested in nearly as often. You probably also don't feel any need to defend/look out for attacks on things you don't like or don't care about. Confirmation bias at work!

Also, I want to point out that no one has bashed Sonic in this thread at all. Someone just said that they personally felt awkward playing it, which could mean pretty much anything - I feel awkward playing in certain franchises that I adore.

I actually do kind of look for them because I kind of WANT to see them.
ThePsychicBruiser wrote:
MugoUrth wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:

Would you like to plot or shall I wing an RP with him?

On the topic, I have seen no one hate on SlyCooper, either.

We can plot a bit.

...Meh, now that I think of it, the only playful characters I really have are Bobsled and Henry, and I really don't want to use Henry again. Plus, I'm actually thinking about using Latch, even though he's more serious. As for an idea for the RP, I like action oriented RPs the most. Maybe one where our characters meet in a forest or cave, they don't like each other, but they must learn to work with each other.
Asroc

MugoUrth wrote:

...Meh, now that I think of it, the only playful characters I really have are Bobsled and Henry, and I really don't want to use Henry again. Plus, I'm actually thinking about using Latch, even though he's more serious. As for an idea for the RP, I like action oriented RPs the most. Maybe one where our characters meet in a forest or cave, they don't like each other, but they must learn to work with each other.

That works. I will work on it when I can. Currently, I am battling a cold and work.
Sonic the Hedgehog (played by CosmicCometInOrbit)

Well. I'll just put this here.
Mateus (played anonymously)

The only thing that puts me off offering RP is the fact that most of the images for the characters seem to be very cartoony. This could be personal preference but, I tend to gravitate towards either real-life references of the animals themselves or semi-realistic images for art. But it is the same reasoning as why I avoid cartoon fandom or canon characters, because of the particular art style.

Just one personal preference, but perhaps another reason why people aren't offering RP?
MugoUrth Topic Starter

Mateus wrote:
The only thing that puts me off offering RP is the fact that most of the images for the characters seem to be very cartoony. This could be personal preference but, I tend to gravitate towards either real-life references of the animals themselves or semi-realistic images for art. But it is the same reasoning as why I avoid cartoon fandom or canon characters, because of the particular art style.

Just one personal preference, but perhaps another reason why people aren't offering RP?

I actually don't like overly seriousness. I feel like the more serious something is, the less personality it has. I like realistic anthros when done right, but other then that...

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Is there anything like a furry RP-Repository

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus