Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Magic, monsters, and a king that must be (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Xero (played by Novarion)

Edit: MP is now Magic power, and the old mana points is just mana now in order to lesson confusion on the two abbreviations.

So I started writing a book a long time ago, but due to computer wipage it got deleted. I remember a lot to it so I figured I'd turn it into an rp and see who joins in. Before anyone goes all boo hoo their character is the main character, no. He simply has the Kings role. The whole rp will be based on the 6's travels together to stop the current king and again the blessings of the eight gods, which come in the form of, you guessed it, summons. Summon a gods power and wipe the floor. Everyone gets one, Xero does get a second one, but it's the final one before the final showdown, so majority he only has one like everyone else, and one lucky person gets two to use for a little while. Play that out and see how it goes. The story originally has characters of all 13 elements (yeah count em and there is only eight there. The actual story I had was far more complex then this.) but eight players would be a hassle for me when I am so new to the site. Anyways, enjoy, have fun, and if you wish to play but do t have a character that could fit just ask me. I still remember every character I had in There. Unique in their own ways, they aren't slapsticked together. I'm not looking for the same experience as what happened in the book (spoiler, most of them die.) but something different and outside of my own thinking. Let's make this amazing. I don't want anyone doing the, my character is all that thing. Everyone is equals in this roleplay, it is a huge part to the actual story itself even.

If you need an example of how stats, equipment, and attack/ability pools work look to Xero's profile.
Move limit: allowed ten moves and one ultimate move.
Hp: Hp recovers outside combat only 20% for every hour passed. Items and abilities can heal ones health in or out of battle. Hp stands for health points.
Mana: Mana is consumed every time an attack is used. Jabs only use 1Mana. Mana works by multiplying the original mana cost by your level.
Exp level and stat caps: exp needed to level increases by 10xlevel+previous levels needed exp. So 110 for level 1, 130 for level 2, 160 for level 3, and so on. There is no level cap and only speed, accuracy, and luck have stat caps. Speed ends at 100, accuracy at 150, and luck at 60. This is not including equipment. You can have them higher with the right equipment.
Damage calculations: attacks and moves are put into percentages. Example - chaos shot is 5% so it's damage is 5% of (attack power - enemy defence) if enemy defence is 10 and attack power is 20 then 20-10=10 x0.5=2 so it does 2 damage. On the chance of decimals its rounded down.
Levels: Every level earns 10 stat points that one can do with as they please. Hp and mp increase by 10 for every point added.
Stat costs: Hp and Mana cost 1 point. Attack power and Magic power cost 1.1 points. Defence and Magic defence cost 1.2 points. Luck and speed cost 2 points. Sp costs 10 points.
Crits: For every point of luck every number below that on a roll equals a critical hit. Crits are 2x without item boosts or bonuses. Every 30 points in luck increases the multiplier by 1x
Ultimates: are maxed at 1000% for every Sp they consume, which is the highest percentage possible, if they do not have lasting effects. If they have a lasting effect the max they can have is 800% and 5 turns (this does not count for status effects). Every use uses up an SP point which replenishes after a fight has been declared ended. Can also be recovered using items, usually rare. Can only have 1 ultimate.
Attacks in combat: number of attacks are done through speed. For every 15 points in speed you get another attack. If an attack has multiple hits there is an additional roll added before the first two to determine how many hits there are, and then proceed rolls 1 and 2 for every hit.
Fisty cuffs: regular jabs And other attacks that are with the hands can be made numerous times but are only 0.5% damage. Crits with a regular fist though are locked at 5 luck regardless of how high you've built it up, and a crit is 400% damage.
Weapons: have percentages of their own, elements, and added effects sometimes.
Accuracy and evasion: first roll is for hit or miss. Second roll is for crit or regular. The way the roll works is simple. Accuracy - enemy speed. Anything underneath that number is a hit, anything above is a miss. Can not go lower then 1 and anything at or higher then 100 can't miss so there won't be rolls for those. Rolls are out of 100.
Elements: Water>fire, fire>life, life>earth, earth>wind, wind>lightning, lightning>water, light=dark hit the weakness and it is an instant crit. Can still crit roll for a double crit. This is just basic elements, this is not to say this is what one will be weak to if ones affinity is higher with an element.
Starting level and race: everyone starts at level 10 and is a Verask.

Now that the rules are out of the way. Time for the setting.

In the kingdom of Elkios, man thrives amongst the harshest of terrain. The tropical deserts are ever changing, jungles popping up over night as the rains fall, only to wither away the next day and be swept away by the frequent sandstorms. Beasts and monsters of all sorts live amongst the sands, waiting for the rains, or travelling amongst the sandstorms for cover, catching unsuspecting prey who are caught amongst the winds.

The king has heard a prophecy and has ordered the execution of all Verask, a race of human who are more in touch with the mana flow of the earth then any other race of humans, more so their elemental affinity can change their very appearance (such as fiery hair or crystals growing from somewhere. The life element would cause them to take on a slight appearance of another animal. So yes, neko's and dog eared/tailed people are perfectly fine.), almost to the extent of an Esker, a half breed of Verask and beast mix.

The prophecy stated a Verask would dethrone him, and destroy the boundaries of man, laying the world under one rule. "A Verask he will be, far to late to see. Your doom thy own, to the victor shall you be dethroned." It was the first part. A second part that was fort old, but never revealed even to the king was kept hidden by the seer, awaiting the moment to reveal such knowledge. "When the world is set ablaze and all hope is lost, the last of the Verask shall rise and man kind will turn to zero."

Xero has found himself part of a caravan, an underground group of Verask who hide amongst the desert, away from the public eyes. Usually in bunkers, hidden away by earth magic users. One can only get in with earth magic, underneath are a series of tunnels and chambers. There are about thirty total people living below here. Technology is quite advanced so even here under the sand there are metal platings with technology powered by solar panels, hidden just below the sands surface to take in energy.

What I need:

-Five other players, all under 20(this is the only non-negotiable. They all have to be under 20.)
--will be Xero's best friend in the caravan. Bigger then Xero, and knows what's under the hood, even though he doesn't say anything. Hot tempered and opposite to Xero. He was originally the one who took the throne after Xero died, falling to his death with the former king.
--a blind earth and wind magic user. (Yes it reminds people of toph(heck I made this around the same time as I was doing a avatar marathon up to the finale that was the next day on Nick, I loved the character as much as everyone else, but the tough side was already done with toph so I tried the opposite and it worked scary good.) Dainty and sweet. She still cries at night. The war was harsh on her.) uses her earth and wind affinities to see via feeling vibrations in the air and earth. Sand is not a problem for her. They live underneath it after all.
--neko or bunny girl, either or is good, who has a high affinity to the life elemental magics. Was Xero's love interest. Was one of the ones killed in the fight.
--a young boy about 12 years old. A fire and life user, is a fire dragon Esker.
--Chubbier guy. Fire and earth user. Oldest of them all at around 19 and obviously the big brother figure to most.

---these are just proffered. Come at me with what you got. I want to see what people bring to the table.
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

*reserves the blind gal*

I'll take that the lack of replies so far leave every slot open. :D
Stat wise or about the character, I'll do that either this evening, the weekend or monday - depending on how fast I manage to dual boot my new laptop ... *sighs*
hannibal32

I think I will take the best friend then. Now which character to use?
Xero (played by Novarion) Topic Starter

Alright :) The positions are free game till I close it and pick the five, so best mind set is to have a backup.

This is not to say only those 5 positions are available. I'm just picking 5 players. It can be something completely different from the five I've put down.
Drake (played by Quantipede)

Take a look at the fantasy au for my rp character and tell me if you think it'll be OK.

Oh yeah if I do get in I shot gun being the first one to die.
Think I could play a character that morally/worldview-wise challenges all the rest? Perhaps a pure human, that's weaker than the Verask, maybe an ex-noble whose father's decision to sympathize with the Verask proved the doom of her noble house? Perhaps even after that, just to make matters worse, what remained of their loyal vassals and family were torn asunder by a Verask bandit group.

Her father's sympathy perhaps earned her family a place among the Verask, but she nurses the family's great loss and her heart has turned bitter against the Verask. Just a thought. She could speak the enemy's side, but be loyal nonetheless to, hm, finding her brother? Or her brother's memory? Dunno, the idea is still in the works.

What do ya think? Love the rp idea and the cool stat stuff. This rp seems quite fun.

No one sympathizes with them. They were seen as freaks to majority, so when the king wanted them dead no one questioned it. It's Verask only since I'm only taking 5 people and it is about their struggle to make the world realize they are not the monstrosities the king set them out to be. Hard to do though when you can breathe fire to melt buildings or blow up a city.

Drake yes! With a capital AWESOME! Just swap from human to Verask and set up his stats/moves and you will be in the run for a spot. I expect to see some awesome things out of him XD the wind spirit pet thing is cool to. I'd work that into your ultimate somehow, otherwise it can't be part of fights since having a pet would allow him 2x the attacks which would be a little unfair there.

Mmm is it OK if I set that up tomorrow? I need some time thinking over the stats
In Nazi Germany, there were those that sympathized with the Jews despite the widespread propaganda. Even among the rich, people did.

It's been that way throughout history. Always there are exceptions to the rule. Perhaps the overwhelming majority would despise Verask but who's to say about one insignificant lower nobleman? There could be all manner of reasons why. A verask saving his life, a verask lover, a verask childhood friend. Personal experience trumps public opinion, after all. Whatever the reason, it opened his eyes to see them as beings with souls and minds not unlike his own, even to the point of defending them publically.

I just think it'd be a really good idea for your story. It'd open the way for a bit of a sidequest, make tension within the group, have an ambassador for them when she's won over, one that understands even the unsympathetic.

I am not denying it would be, but at this time im sticking to the initial plan of 5 Verask.
:,( very well
where do I look up the stat stuff? Kinda confused atm..

Its just the same as Xero's layout.

I totally realized i forgot to add in starting stats.

Its 150 total, you can place them how you like into your stats, whether you are a glass cannon, or a serious beefed tank is up to you. Equipment is up to you, its free game but dont go overboard for starting equip. You must have at least 1 in hp and mp and 1 in either atkpow or magicpow. The rest of the stat info is amongst the rules. Every stat costs different. A glass cannon is fine but if no one picks a tank role with some kind of taunt move, might see that glass shatter.

Is there any way to condense the way to set up the stats so that we can go about it in a more convenient manner? Because sifting through all of it and switching from this post to my character sheet makes my head spin around a bit.

Everyone starts at level 10 So everyone gets 250 stat points to start off with.

Starting stats: 150
Stats per level: 10
Stat costs:
HP/Mp cost = 1
Attack power/Magic power cost = 1.1
Def/Mdef cost = 1.2
Spe/Lck cost = 2
SP cost = 10

Must have at least 1 point in hp, mana, and Acc, and 1 point in either Atkpower or Magpower.
Xero wrote:
Everyone starts at level 10 So everyone gets 250 stat points to start off with.

Starting stats: 150
Stats per level: 10
Stat costs:
HP/Mp cost = 1
Attack power/Magic power cost = 1.1
Def/Mdef cost = 1.2
Spe/Lck cost = 2
SP cost = 10

Must have at least 1 point in hp and mp and 1 point in either Atkpower or Magpower.

How do you go with the skills? I can't find a specific skill system, or is that the sp thing, i.e. every skill costing 1 sp to learn?

Edit: did the math on your char. Seems quite op - since you used 260 on HP and MP alone

I'm leaving moves to the players. There is a rule stating how ultimates work. Everything else has to be lower, and the obvious the stronger it is the higher cost it will have to use it, draining your MP. SP is to use your ultimates. At the start everyone knows all their moves. Not adding in any later, but the damage they do, how many, and obviously which ones you can use changes as you level. If you don't build your mp up eventually your moves will cost to much and you can't use them. Ultimates don't change in price, but since to get an SP point costs a whole levels stat points it's a balancing game.

Either a bunch of weak, but low cost moves, high cost but huge output moves, or even just an array of status moves to mess with enemies.

Edit: 1 stat point gives you 10 HP or 10 MP. I double checked me fore I put up the stats rules.

I'll probably build my guy up as an unconventional tank, probably utilizing wind spirits to block attacks and taunting them to attack him. The whole system reminds me of LoL

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Magic, monsters, and a king that must be (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus