Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Magic, monsters, and a king that must be (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Xero wrote:
I'm leaving moves to the players. There is a rule stating how ultimates work. Everything else has to be lower, and the obvious the stronger it is the higher cost it will have to use it, draining your MP. SP is to use your ultimates. At the start everyone knows all their moves. Not adding in any later, but the damage they do, how many, and obviously which ones you can use changes as you level. If you don't build your mp up eventually your moves will cost to much and you can't use them. Ultimates don't change in price, but since to get an SP point costs a whole levels stat points it's a balancing game.

Either a bunch of weak, but low cost moves, high cost but huge output moves, or even just an array of status moves to mess with enemies.

Edit: 1 stat point gives you 10 HP or 10 MP. I double checked me fore I put up the stats rules.

that explains it.

Well I don't expect a frail and blind girl to be very tanky. At max she can create earth barriers ^^

edit: are 'passive abilities' allowed : I would use something like: constant -10 mp for sight through wind and earth elemental affinity, gains +10% on all wind/earth abilities
Xero (played by Novarion) Topic Starter

GamerWoona wrote:
Xero wrote:
I'm leaving moves to the players. There is a rule stating how ultimates work. Everything else has to be lower, and the obvious the stronger it is the higher cost it will have to use it, draining your MP. SP is to use your ultimates. At the start everyone knows all their moves. Not adding in any later, but the damage they do, how many, and obviously which ones you can use changes as you level. If you don't build your mp up eventually your moves will cost to much and you can't use them. Ultimates don't change in price, but since to get an SP point costs a whole levels stat points it's a balancing game.

Either a bunch of weak, but low cost moves, high cost but huge output moves, or even just an array of status moves to mess with enemies.

Edit: 1 stat point gives you 10 HP or 10 MP. I double checked me fore I put up the stats rules.

that explains it.

Well I don't expect a frail and blind girl to be very tanky. At max she can create earth barriers ^^

You obviously don't know about our lord and saviour the great melon lord.
could you explain how the accuracy works (in detail).

I was thinking of creating a 'rocksling' ability, which basically worked like a scatter/shotgun.
something like: 0.2 magical dmg per rock, 0.5 mp per rock, accuracy decreases for each rock added.

edit: I thought I was supposed to create the opposite of the great and powerful melon lord ^^

Accuracy and evasion: first roll is for hit or miss. Second roll is for crit or regular. The way the roll works is simple. Accuracy - enemy speed. Anything underneath that number is a hit, anything above is a miss. Can not go lower then 1. Rolls are out of 100.
Where is the initial accuracy determined?

It's one of the stat-... I forgot accuracy in the stats didn't I?
Xero wrote:
It's one of the stat-... I forgot accuracy in the stats didn't I?

indeed you did

edit: well to be fair, you wrote there is a cap, but that was all. You did not even skill it yourself.
how about we go in the chat? That would probably go faster ^^

Well fail on my part.

Accuracy is suppose to be a stat as well there.
alright. So what is the skill point multiplier in it?

Acc and spd are the same.
try and use uniform abbreviations :( , guessing you mean accuracy and speed (spd or spe..)

well ok. gotta rethink my points then..
wait. are they literally the same? That would make speed overpowered since it allows more attacks and a higher likelyhood.. :o

But Acc caps 50 over spd. If it deems to be to overpowered the acc cap may be increased later, and/or the atk ratio from spd will be lessened. Don't forget enemies get these same benefits though.
sorry to ask again but - speed and accuracy are to different values or one?
and an accuraccy of 1 has a 1% chance of hitting?
How do we deal with AoE damage?

Aoe dealt like with all multiple hit moves. Roll hit and crit for every character it is attacking. If it hits ale multiple times then you roll multiple times for every character it might hit.

And yes spd and Acc are two different values. I have made the corrections to my own character as well now. And pretty much yes. A 1 has 1% chance of hitting as the rolls are out of 100 except for special cases.
the point is, the way the system works at the moment:
Speed and Accuracy costing 2 points for +1 each and the formula for the hitchance being
Accuracy-speed/100 , making accuracy the most pointless thing to skill, equaling in quite the failfest - or the other option, lower the damage output (my heart bleeds as I am writing this) and pump it all into accuracy and speed (tank meta)
plus, this way I can't implement my scattershot because if we implement it as one attack it is truly useless and unrealistic - if we do it for each rock fired it is one of the most accurate skills possible since I just have to spend ~50 mp for 100 rocks , statistically garantueeing at least one critical hit, if I get lucky pretty much one shoting anything
even more: I could argue that the whole thing is aoe, giving a missing rock the chance to hit something behind or next to the target.

You are looking at mid game levels and yes it would be op in the manner you are looking at, but you need a set number of rocks it can fire, not a varying amount. If it's Aoe then it has the best chance of hitting something, but if the damage is spread and there are multiple hits you wouldn't have the power all into one shot. Each hit would only do like 1-3% around there if we're doing a minimal move. If it is meant to be something powerful then you are looking at a very high priced move, around 6-10 mana as a base cost. If you don't keep on mana you wouldn't be able to keep up with it all, and would run dry near the end only to get sacked by a mob that still had mana.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Magic, monsters, and a king that must be (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus