Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Needing a break

Hello fellow rpers. Have you ever felt a little burnt out from rp? Or that perhaps you're missing something in the time you spend rping?

This is how I'm starting to feel, I feel like rp has become something that I HAVE to do, not doing it because I enjoy it. With that said I do enjoy rping, I love it, but I'm feeling a bit like an addict (yes I am comparing rp to addicting substances). As I spend countless minuets role playing I'm beginning to feel that I'm missing out on other things (life mainly), and I'm actually getting the feeling that it's starting to effect my personal life.

So my friends with this all said, I need a break. Now please don't take this as I'm saying I'm leaving the site (I don't think I could, there are too many fantastic people around here) but my presence will be less. I seriously hope that this makes at least a little bit of sense to those I rp with, and I don't sound like a complete nutter. I guess you could say I miss living life as it was intended, full.
Sanne Moderator

I fully understand what you're saying! Too much of anything is never good, and with as much roleplay as you do it's easy to burn yourself to the ground.

I usually end up doing something else for a bit, like draw or take a few days to myself and do things that need to be done to 'reset' myself. :) Just take it easy and most of all, take all the time you need. I'd rather we'll be getting a ton of new amazing posts from you than a trickling of meager, listless postings because you're not enjoying yourself! There's no fun in RPing for us if you're not having fun either. :( *hugs*
I know exactly what you mean. Don't worry, I'm sure everyone will understand :) Take however much time you need, we'll still be here when you get back :)
Pineapple Topic Starter

Thanks guys <3
Ya know...I'm in kinda the same posistion right now and since this thread is here, I'll just ride the coat tails. I too apologize to those I'm in RPs with. Mine taking a break isn't due to feeling 'burnt out' though. It's more ahh...we'll say a life changing event. And not a good one. How long I'll be out... Not a clue. But know I am a bit volatile right now because of the event and don't wanna risk going off on any of you hence my taking a break. Anyways, see you went I get back
Good luck Lance! I hope to trade more hippo pictures with you in the future! XD
Loki wrote:
Good luck Lance! I hope to trade more hippo pictures with you in the future! XD

You mean like this one? Heh.

demotivational-posters-photo-bombing-hippo.jpg
Pineapple Topic Starter

o.o hippos?
Long story short, when I came back from that weekend trip to PA to see Lilli, Loki randomly sent pic a pic of a hippo to cheer me up. A skeptical hippo...that was skeptical to be specific. Heh.
Kim Site Admin

Feel better you two. It's totally understandable, healthy and mature to take some "me time" when the need arises. Come back to us feeling relaxed and balanced. <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Needing a break

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus