Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Ideas (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Mythic Topic Starter

Indeed, I've considered trying something similar for a while now. Of course, there's nothing saying you can't too, so we can go right ahead with your idea first! But in case two Crusaders held in captivity is too much for ya, I could always play a different character. Malika would be my go-to girl for the Third Order, but I may decide to set up a new character profile like I've been wanting to; I've got at least one more idea for a character in this type of plot. x3

You're welcome to, though I have some reservations about fairly consistent progress being made. Most of the scenarios are pretty open-ended, but if a plan IC relies on any specific player character, and that specific character's player is gone, it could mean a delay for the rest of us. If that's no big deal, and the players don't start butting heads, I could strangely see it working. ^^;
I wouldn't mind either way xD

With two crusaders in captivity, we could have fun showing how they react to their captors differently, or how their captors treat them differently. (Like one of them gets to sit in the lap of luxury, bribed into complacency while the other is held in the dungeon, steaming about being abandoned, and fearing his comrade's betrayal.)

It could also be a prearranged thing. Like a deal that was often made in the medieval era between two warring states. Both of them say something like, "Hey, you take my firstborn son/nephew/mother and I promise not to attack you." xD A hostage to make sure peace prevails... That way the third order would need to be especially secretive because if they get found out too soon, the hostage that the crusaders have hold of would be killed. Anyway, that's just a suggestion!

:) I'll make sure and invite someone reliable. If they bite, I'll let ya know!
Mythic Topic Starter

Of course! The main point of the scenario was to explore the decisions and motivations of the Third Order in taking control of the city. Perhaps the former emirate took our Crusader characters prisoner and now, the Third Order may decide to strike a deal with the invaders by offering to release one of them! They'd both start off in prison and the plot can wind its way forward from there. Nice thinking! :3

Send me a PM whenever you're ready, and we'll get started!
Mythic Topic Starter

Two new scenarios for the Nasirian Knights!

Retribution - The First Order assaults a city, but their attack endangers certain artifacts the Fourth Order must protect.
See more
With the might of Murrakach and the eastern Arlanni Valley, the First Order can finally return to Zubabdeh and force the Carlosian Crusaders out. The Sultanate of Abdhil has already secured the surrounding lands, so now all the Knights of the First must do is face the renown Order of Sandraudiga - their equals among the Crusaders. However, while the First fights to take the city, Knights of the Fourth Order have secretly infiltrated the First in order to protect and retrieve the only known manuscripts of the Tyyrhan Scrolls hidden in the depths of the emir's palace. Should it come to it, the two Orders may have to make a decision: whether to save the city or save the scrolls... and a treasure of Ancient artifacts.

Inquisition - A game of cat & mouse erupts between the Third and Fourth Orders as the Third tries the Fourth for heresy.

See more
Shortly after the Fourth Order's discovery of the human descendant of the Ancients, Faey'ia sent a messenger to the Ephors with the news. Instead, the messenger is intercepted by the Third Order, who decide to show this information to the caliph of Abbas. As they planned, the caliph declared an inquisition to find and put the Knights of the Fourth on trial for heresy. Now the Knights of the Third have the casus belli to travel out into the desert and seek out those of the Fourth. Along the way, a dangerous game of cat and mouse is played with the unaligned nomads and traveling merchants becoming unwitting pawns of the Knights. Will the Third Order expose the Fourth's heresies and put a supporter of the Third in power over the Fourth, or will the Fourth put a stop to their plans and maybe gain an advantage over the Third in the process?
Mythic Topic Starter

I think I'll hold off on posting more ideas until after the holidays. But I'll leave this one last idea here:

Whisper - Psychological thriller involving the Second Order during a quest to rescue a human child.
See more
While in the marketplace of Kalifal, a Knight of the Second Order meets with two very strange women: an elderly one and her granddaughter. What's odd about them is that the elder seemingly speaks through the younger. She offers the Order her knowledge of the keystones used to summon the sorcerers from the Ethereal Shackles... in exchange for their help in retrieving a small boy imprisoned in Kahilsukra. They won't say much about him, but the Order's leadership decides to launch a rescue mission which just might lead to another journey - one which could lead to a showdown with the whispers of the Ancients themselves.
Mythic Topic Starter

To make a long story short, holidays ended early for me, so...

Here's one for the Nasirian Knights again!

Trials (41 BE) - An exile from the Second Order joins the Fourth, but not all is what it seems...
See more
The Second Order doesn't tolerate repeated failures, and those who can't meet their expectations are exiled. This time, they've exiled one into the deepest recesses of the desert. After days of wandering, the Knight would encounter a Knight of the Fourth Order in a camp of merchants. There, Knights of the Fourth kept the merchants entertained as the so-called "Lotus dancers". Now the Knight will have a chance to learn about the keepers of the Lotus and their beliefs while something - or someone - else lurks in the shadows...
Mythic Topic Starter

In case anyone's worried about it, these plots are meant to be starting points. The exact tone and direction of these plots is at the discretion of our characters. That includes the ending/conclusion to each. So don't worry. You and your characters can have a significant impact on how the story develops! Any timelines you see only involve events that will come to pass without the intervention of player characters. I've had a lot of fun discussing the kinds of changes that would happen because of a player's character, then implementing those changes into a new timeline that could still be altered later!

So here's a new one for the Nasirian Knights! Once this thread reaches its third page, I'll make a post with a quick rundown of all the start-up plots I've shared so far. :)

Battle of the Blind (43 BE) - During the struggle between the Caliphate of Abbas and the Sultanate of Abdhil, mamluks grew increasingly powerful. Their desire for conquest could be focused by an ambitious and charismatic Knight of the First Order. But to do so, the caliph must be opposed. Abbas Jalal ibn Selim al-Yasmeen is incompetent and could lead the best chance for unity in eastern Nasiria to ruin. As a result, a new sultan must be groomed to replace him, and a war in which the odds are against the Knights must be fought to the last breath.
Mythic Topic Starter

Now here's another "tough decision" plot which could be really thought-provoking!

For the Nasirian Knights:

The Task - When Knights of the First Order must choose between mercy and necessity, suddenly they don't seem so united. They must make a choice that can have serious consequences for the future.
See more
Many of the refugees from the former Volgi lands were never allowed to settle in Nasiria after the loss of their former home. Nasirians fear them because the Volgi are human. To the First Order, this is how it should be. Human blood would taint the purity of every Nasirian family who lost loved ones to the human Crusaders. But not everyone in the Order agrees. Now, the refugees, desperate and angry, are rioting along the border between the Mahmoud and Burhan caliphates - a situation their 'savage' neighbors in Dundia could take advantage of. Caliph Burhan Karif ibn Khazim al-Yasmeen has ordered the Knights to go out and exterminate them. Along the way, the Knights will have to make a tough decision: either to stay together and commit genocide, or split apart and possibly never reunite again.
I like the idea of the stories involving stargate. The only problem is that there are far too many filler information. If we did a 1x1 stargate RP I'd be perfectly fine with that.
It could even be based on the Destiny or maybe SG1
Mythic Topic Starter

Hudacious wrote:
I like the idea of the stories involving stargate. The only problem is that there are far too many filler information. If we did a 1x1 stargate RP I'd be perfectly fine with that.
It could even be based on the Destiny or maybe SG1
I assume you're referring to "Truth & Void", as the only Stargate-related thing I mentioned anywhere else was a 'cameo' of the NID in "Project Oneiroi"?

To be honest, I wouldn't mind something like SG1 with a focus on action-adventure, but that's why there's the Second Order in the Nasirian Knights, the entire premise of the AU-crossovers in Shadow of the Eclipse, the adventures of the Circle in Truth & Void, etc. Doing a straightforward fandom RP without a significant amount of original elements isn't something I'm interested in, I'm afraid. Even Truth & Void uses a concept I put thought into as a 'frame' for crossovers. But I do love Stargate. ^_^
Mythic Topic Starter

Here's a collection/summary of all the ideas proposed in this thread so far. Feel free to browse, maybe pick one that interests you, and give it a go in RP. :3

Nasirian Knights --
See more
In the Wake of a Titan - A land torn apart by civil war. Characters choose sides or fight for themselves.

Fides Exitialis - Refugees are forced from their homes and flee to a city that refuses to take them in.

The King's Folly - A prince is dead, a tyrant's on the throne, and the king he replaced is alive and insane.

When the Spirits Wept - Warriors try to avenge the deaths of their comrades by capturing a "holy" city.

A Crimson Symphony - The First Order fight the descendants of a former Knight from centuries ago.

Latent Truths - The Second Order go on a quest to find an artifact deep beneath a cursed lake.

Oath of Honor - The Third Order decide whether or not to betray a city so they can control it.

Blood Ties - The Fourth Order search for a descendant of an Ancient before a mysterious foe finds them.

House of the Great Light - The Fourth Order travel to the past to rescue an oracle from a deranged "goddess".

Death Upon Her Lips - The First and Third Orders support opposing sides in a war to control a citadel.

The Horde - The Fourth Order uncovers a mystery in a land of mysterious horsemen and their reptilian gods.

Retribution - The First Order assaults a city, but the attack endangers artifacts the Fourth Order must protect.

Inquisition - A game of cat & mouse erupts between the Third and Fourth Orders as the Third tries the Fourth for heresy.

Whisper - Psychological thriller involving the Second Order during a quest to rescue a human child.

Trials - An exile from the Second Order settles down with the Fourth, but not all is what it seems.

Battle of the Blind - The First Order leads a rebellion against an incompetent ruler.

The Task - The First Order is forced to make a difficult choice between mercy and the future of Nasiria.

Shadow of the Eclipse --

See more
Change of Heart - Your character, former head of a police agency, defects to a "terrorist" organization which wants the legalization of cybernetics in their country. My character, Jerome, confronts them.

Pandora's Box - Jerome must defect to the same organization in order to save his beloved daughter. Your character(s) may either be the government officer sent to bring him in or an operative of the organization sent to help him.

For the "Alternate Universes" scenario (crossover of different AUs of this continuity):

Everyone in the Y-001 fracture of the capital city, Elghara, is ushered off the streets and into hotels designated as centers for those unable to return home because of the strange field of energy separating them. But during the chaos, some brave the field and run through in the hopes of finding their loved ones on the other side. As police try to quarantine the perimeter, other people start appearing from the other side. What's strange is that a few of these are counterparts to people on this side of the city, and some are even labeled as "deceased" by government records. While the RBI tries to straighten out this mess, Jerome witnesses himself struggling with some officers near the edge of the city. When he takes off running, this Jerome gives chase in the hopes he can find out what's going on.

May include the other PC's counterpart in some fashion at the other player's discretion. If you think it's too soon to introduce one, or you have no ideas on how to introduce them, that's fine too.

Y-001 - A tech noir world but with a slightly more optimistic feel. Plans to destabilize world order are frequently stopped.

Y-002 - An insurgency in Nasiria (also exists in Y-001) succeeds and starts a war to rebuild their fallen civilization.

Y-003 - World War III. People who are sick of it flock in droves to join a group apparently dedicated to uniting the world.

Y-004 - Unlike the first three, this one lacks any significant futuristic tech and is mostly "modern".

Remember, you can always find more information about either continuity on these pages:

The Nasirian Knights. In-depth summaries of scenarios can be found here.

Shadow of the Eclipse. Skip to your reality of choice.

And, although it doesn't have individual plots, Project Oneiroi has its own site to peruse!

So does Truth & Void, though I should be coming up with some plot ideas for it eventually.
Mythic Topic Starter

So here's an idea anyone with a strong interest in the Viking invasion of Britannia might enjoy:

For the Nasirian Knights --

Rothgaard's Shadow - The Second Order goes undercover among Norse-like raiders to explore the ruins of an ancient city in the hopes of preventing any artifacts from falling into their hands.
See more
Due to certain discoveries four years ago by Faey'ia Talal, the Knights are now aware that the Ancients were enslaved to a species of reptilians known as the selva - meaning "snake eye" in ancient Nasiriac. But what they didn't know was if they had any cities, as many were destroyed in the Great Deluge. Finally, word arrives from scouts on the border between Ingria and Imagria that the Gaedicians uncovered the ruins of one such city with a temple as-yet-undiscovered. The Second Order decide to take advantage of a Rothgaardian invasion to send their own Knights undercover among the raiders to find and retrieve any important artifacts found in the ruins. But they must take care not to be discovered by the Rothgaardian leaders. These tribal warlords frequently fight among themselves, and they know to be cautious of conspiracy, both real and imagined.
Mythic Topic Starter

Believe it or not, RP is rather slow right now. Feel free to ask me for RP if you'd like. I've got time! ^^;

For Shadow of the Eclipse --

Y-005 - A world where the native species enslave humans. Technological level between 004 and 001.

Y-006 - Same as above, but with roles reversed. Technological level exactly the same as 004 (modern).

Read more about each of these here.
Mythic Topic Starter

Quiet on this thread, but busy everywhere else. Guess my interests really are esoteric, aren't they? :blue:
Mythic Topic Starter

No constructive feedback? No comments on the presentation? Oh well, it was worth a try.

By the way, if you're ever stuck and not able to choose, just let me know what you'd like in our RP, and I can give you a few specific choices that match your criteria! Then we can work out the details and where the story leads as we go. Believe it or not, I don't bite. Often.
Mythic Topic Starter

Disclaimer: If you'd like to RP, but rather not look through this thread for ideas, let me know what you'd like in our RP via PM. Remember, these ideas are merely plot-starters; I'm more than happy to develop any related plot with you! :)

So here's two more realities for Shadow of the Eclipse. I dunno; I think they're pretty interesting, but guess I'll leave that up to you people, lol.
  • Y-007 - Setting is similar to Y-001, but with one major difference. The sun is inexplicably dying, and a mining catastrophe on the first moon causes an initial fallout of space debris followed by the rest of it falling out of orbit, likely to hit the planet in two days. As a result, anarchy has broken out everywhere while surviving governments and private organizations attempt to find a way to save the planet.
  • Y-008 - Setting is similar to Y-004, but with one major difference. A virus has caused many nations to collapse, leaving behind smaller, pre-Industrial Revolution tribal communities and a few people with a condition known as "the Vision". Quarantine squads from unaffected islands frequently journey inland with modern equipment to collect those infected for experiments. People see their pasts as one big dream and cling to tradition or archaeological history as the only "true" forms of past history left.
More in-depth information can be found here.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Ideas (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus