Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Heavenly Hellfire Among Legends

From the moment Draconix was drawn, Rei-Lynn's eyes became focused on your core in an attempt to predict your movements. This was expected.
What couldn't have been easily predicted however, was that Rei-Lynn hadn't even drawn his own blade as he made he approach. The only things raised were the armored gauntlets that covered his forearms. Rather than the stance he presented with his blade prior, he now dropped into something more suiting of a brawler.
Was be insulting you?
Was he underestimating you?
Why the hell wouldn't he draw his blade?
All less than pleasant thoughts that didn't have a chance to be completed as Rei-Lynn made his approach.
His fists were thrown deftly, every movement intended, every punch accounted for with the skill or a boxer.
It took admittable focus to avoid them.
"I'VE GOT A NAME TOO YOU KNOW." He belted, still throwing punches "The GODDESS'S HOUND!"
Seren Anhrefncoatl H (played by Dracon25697) Topic Starter

The attacks coming from Rey-Lynn were furious. He kept up a assult that required Seren the guard using the gaurds of his sword insted of the blade. The fact he wasn't using his sword was frowned opun. Seren thought- "He's taunting me by not drawing his blade If it's fierce combat he wants that's what he'll get!" Seren then screamed out In the lanquage of his people. "Zu'u fen ni mah tol vahk!" Usually during battle he spoke draconic, his words exported him with fighting might.

He shifted the weight of his bode to the left and performed a roll. Using his right hand to gold his blade he propelled himself using his left hand and legs. His tail tilted to the right to provide balenced and prevent him from staggering. He then went in for a jab and upwards slice. His balderdash was double edged so you would have to be quick and counteract attack to avoid it's point and edges.
If Rei-Lynn went on like this it would be inevitable for blood to begin boiling, as he continued to treat this in a manner that you perceived to be trivial.
He allowed his right hand to be struck by Draconix, causing an audible crack to reach Seren's ears. It was almost cause for concern, however Rei-Lynn appeared to pay no mind to it, clamping the armored hand on the blade and forcing it down as his other hand came quick to deliver a soft jab into your cheek. Crossing out, he reached your behind and set a foot in between yours to adhere balance before pushing your back with a fair amount of body weight.
He was playing.
You knew it.
You were able to hear his hand crack once more as well, turning to see himself jerking the gauntlet until bones popped and veins around his forearms writhed.
Two questions arose.
How could you make him be serious?
And what the HELL was that?

As Rey-Lynn's foot wrapped behind Seren he knew he had to get out of there, otherwise he could end up with another jab too the face. Resorting too his other methods of attack were nessasary. Seren tilted draconix downward in order too get his won foot loose. He placed the point of the blade under Rey-Lynn's foot and swept it too the side, thus freeing his own. He had too then turn towards his foe and then took a back step. His cheek had started to bleed from Rey-Lynn's earlier jab. But the battle wasn't the only thing on his mind. First off was Rey-Lynn's new behavior, he truly had a warriors prowness, and skill. Something that Seren could respect.

The fact that he got a hit of his hand but the blow didn't nessasary do damage. His hand was in peices, the bone and tissue exposed within his gauntlet. Seren imagined that it wouldn't be long before his hand was usable again, so he had to act now. Seren took a running start towards his opponent, tilting his tail towards the right. He was going to make a turn, getting towards his foes side a horizontal slash was promoted with both of his hands shining it full force.
Seren's brisk recovery was enough alone to catch Rei-Lynn off guard, but the speed at which his opponent approached pushed the line of skill into the brink of panic.
The only response the Decayed half-breed could muster was a swift turn of his left shoulder, pulling is right side in as he turned to Seren and pulled his hefty bastard sword from it's scabbard bracing himself as best he could.
Seren's blow met Rei-Lynn's blade rather than flesh, however he did not escape scott free this time around. The force from Seren's blow caused his own blade in blocking position to dig deep in between his shoulder and collar bone, Rei-Lynn barely resisting any deeper of a wound by pushing back against Seren's strength.

The familiar black liquid poured from around the edges of his blade, yet when you caught a glimpse of his face, Rei-Lynn was... smiling. A wound that you'd assume to be fatal to most men, and it looked as if he was having the time of his life.

He stepped in close to Seren, stomping on the lower base of his tail to keep him rooted before winding back and delivering a heatbutt that can only be describe as near savage.
However, his strength didn't last him long enough to see his companion's reaction, as the last move he could muster was creating a gap between them and falling to a knee. He braced himself on his uninjured arm, and held his wound.

Adrenaline, the feeling you get when you're almost dead. It's exhilarating, almost addictive in some cases. This had too be the that feeling. The tension between these two was no common sparing. It was battle where if one of them slopped up in the slightest someone could end up dead, and Seren knew that feeling. He would usually hold his predatory instincts back when soaring with any old foe, but now was not that time nor place. Now was a battle like he had never had.

Seren stumbled back after Rey-Lynn's brutal headbutr. It was a crude tactic but it surely was effective. Seren's tail was covered in a shade of red and black. Luckily Rey-Lynn hadn't taken into account that his tail was barbed with his scales, scales which were made too tear flesh and cause lacerations. But also lacerations were the job of the top of his tail, Rey-Lynn stepped on the base of it, thus only recoiling with blood on the sole of his foot. The hudutt itself caused the section above his eye too have blood pour form it. He merely locked his thumb and wiped the would too assist in stopping the bleeding. He walked over too his kneeling companion and placed his blade between his neck and shoulder, mere centimeters from a decapitation. But all he did was smile, a smile of repsect, pride and enjoyment. Finally he returned to common tounge. "That is enough for now, I should heal your wounds."
Rei-Lynn raised a hand in a halting motion, keeping his head down as he wretched the blade wedged between his shoulder back and forth and let out a slight groan. It was further in the sense of loathing what was coming than actual pain as he stood and turned the blade in such a way that his shoulder gaped when he pulled it free.
However once you caught a glimpse of the open wound, an understanding once again arose that his body clearly functions differently than average anatomy dictates. Hardened tumors rose and fell within the open gape, an occasional shard of bone bursting from said tumors and curling over the left side of his shoulder and chest as a makeshift bone-cage.
It by no means was pleasing to look at, but as far as you could see the wound was closed and the bleeding had ceased.
But not before a sizable patch of grass beneath him had curled and gone brown, appearing to up and die upon contact with his blood. Various patches of his clothing where the black substance had traveled were also dissolved.

The half-breed sheathed his blade and raised his formerly bowed head, an ecstatic look gleaming within his pale hazel eyes as a smile broke out across his face. Apparently what had just happened was casual for him, as within a moments notice he was hopping slightly in place and cheering for you on regards to your prowess.
He let out a joyous laugh, an arm wrapped around your neck in a friendly sense as he spoke
"Now THAT was just what I needed! You've got no clue how long it's been pal, no clue at all."
Rei-Lynn's laughter didn't end, as he continued to look at you as if he would an old companion with the occasional hard pat on the back.

Placing his vibrant sword back into his sheath this labeled their sparing as done. However this was o shirt match in the slightest. It was truly a match too remember. "A'll admit that you are definitely a worthy sparing partner. I can't remember the last time someone gave me such trouble." However the fact that his collar bone and shoulder were still in shatters bothered him too a extent. It wasn't necessarily grotesque to look at, rather it Seren felt slightly guilty. Half the time he doesn't realize how much damage he is performing until a match ends. And by the looks of this one he did a large number on his body. However healing Rei-Lynn of his wounds shouldn't be too difficult.

"Let's see what we're dealing with here." Seren placed his hand around the edge of his open wound. He first examined the one on his shoulder. The bone itself didn't seem damaged but the flesh would still arise some issues. "This doesn't seem too difficult too heal, just stand still for a moment while i patch this up." Seren first returned too Draconic common tongue, every word he muttered in this language could be refereed too as a spell of sorts. ""Flesh ahrk sos stitch zek pahvoth, wahl daar ahraan ulaan ont zos." His hands were immersed in a Emerald green hue, the flesh and veins that were struck by Rei-Lynn's blade began to slowly stitch themselves back together. "There, this might take a minute so hold still. By the way, I'm curious about who taught you how too fight like that. Surly someone had too have taught you, right?"
This, caused a reaction unexpected of your companion. The moment you set your hand near the open remnants of his wound you could feel his entire body grow immediately tense.
He pulled away from Seren, a blend of anger and fear overtaking his visage as he spoke.
"I insist, that you NEVER place yourself near an open wound of mine. I've warned you before that my flesh is dangerous you damn fool."
His words were terse and defensive, unusual considering his typical easy going nature.
He seemed to realize this as well, as his attitude was quick to soften, taking up an apologetic tone
"I uh... my apologies Seren. Lot of good people have met a shitty end doing similar things."
He stood tall once more, smiling faintly in your direction.
"I believe you mentioned where I learned to fight if I'm not mistaken. Well. Most of what I know comes from my brother... ya see, when I was a bit younger than you are now, we..."
Speaking of this seemed to make him sore as it intertwined with touchey topics, but he pressed on
"We were forced to leave our home. You see, I had a lesser understanding of what I was. The part of me tinged by the Decay was released, and to be honest with you..."
Rei-Lynn's face grew stone cold, looking you dead in the eyes as his hand travelled over the tumors and bone that protruded from his wound
"I slaughtered every last poor soul in my village, with my brother being the single exception. We had to leave... and I'd get us in trouble frequently. He was a soldier you see, and at that point only saw it fit to train me to defend myself without using aspects of my decay. Sure, I picked up things from others here and there... but damn, he was good at what he did..."

Seren sighed as his hands changed back too their usual fair skin tone. "I guess I am the fool, I forgot too show you this." Seren pulled his tail over towards his front side. It was still covered in both his blood and Rey-Lynn's. Sure he flesh was still smoking but it didn't seem to be damaged. He then whipped the blood off of his tail and let it hit the ground. The patches of grass below them began to dedsinergrate, however Seren's blood as well burned the grass. Insted of a dead brown shade the grass dissolved all together. "I doubt you were able too see after that headbutt you gave me, sure the long term effects of your blood on my skin could be fatel, but I've grown accustomed too people with blood and flesh similar to yours. Besides, your not the only one with blood of a similar manner. But if you wish too keep your wound untouched I an oblige."

He then retreated his hands too himself once more. Opun hearing his backstory when it came too training he realized he was getting into personal questions again. Having slaughtered his village under the will of the Decay was nothe taken in so easily. "I know that you belive it wasn't all your fault. You didn't exactly have control over all of your actions during this event. But I should staye out of this sorta thing anyway." Seren's ear then began to twitch as bit as he realized it was nearly the end of dusk. "We should set up camp for the night, I can manage food. You think you could get a fire going?"
Upon the revealing of your own blood and having experience with such things he visibily relaxed.
With the matter of the fire, Rei-Lynn gave a nod and two thumbs up as he quickly went to turn his back in search of materials.
However, he stopped for a moment before departing from your company.
"Seren."
He uttered, in an attempt to catch your attention
"Forgive me for my actions. I've lived a long life of having to be discreat about what I am and the things I've done. I should have known better with you. If you have any questions from now on, do not hesitate to ask. You have my trust."
He flashed a toothy smile and went on with his task, making his way to a small wooded area to gather brush.

"Rei-Lynn..." The trust in which he had out in Seren was great. Perhaps it was time for Seren too start too be a little more open with things about himself. It didn't seem like Rey-Lynn minded too often when it came too his appearance alone. It's been four days and he hasn't even shown him what he looks like without his human body parts. But when it came too food he had to transform, he just hoped that Rey-Lynns reaction would be too spiteful.

Kneeling on all four of his limbs his body began to expand. His sharpened nails lime claws faded into a shade of white, while his head started to become a shade of red. Visible scales covered his body as a fore began to circle his body. As the flames grew bigger he himself was not visible... But with a flap of two mighty wings a crimson beast of beauty emerged, and that beast was Seren. He was exceeding large for his age. Comparing too most two story buildings at the least. His paws were large enough too swat away most people. Draconians are born in their human forms, whole their drake apperence is learned throughout puberty. With a push off from his hind legs his took too the skies, heading in the opposite direction from camp. He had managed to catch the scent of a oxen herd before asking Rey-Lynn to fetch parts for a fire. He spotted the herd. Diving downward a he frightened the herd into taking a sharp left, a oxen was exposed. Grabbing it with using fore-talons it began to squirm as his claws dug into its hide. He stopped for a minute, hovering I mid air. "Quit your squirming!" He then used his maw too simply snap the neck of the oxen. "The deed is done.." He then flew back toon base camp and lied down on all fours, with a dead on under his right claw. Awaiting Rey-Lynns arrival back.
It hadn't taken Rei-Lynn long to return, arms full of lesser brush while few larger pieces of dead timber lye strapped against his back.
He whistled a familiar tune lightly as he came over the hill into camp, however he went all too silent upon spotting the massive crimson beast calmly waiting in return.
The Half-Breed calmly set the brush in a pile before fixing his gaze upon Seren. Calmly he approached, looking as if he wanted to reach out and make sure what he seeing was in fact real.
He stopped himself however, bowing his head slightly and giving a smile.
"You know you're really starting to remind me of her more every day now."
This was all he said, no less, no more.
He turned his back and began to work on the fire, applying a grease he had withdrawed from his bag and slathering it upon a pine cone that lye among the brush and timber at his feet.
Within seconds there were sparks, and within a minute a fire roared.
From what you could gather it was likely some reaction that the grease triggered.

Swinging his large rail bakery and forth he then stood and stretched his hind and forelegs. His mannerisms were almost cat like in perspective, despite the fact he was reptilian after all... Seren gripped the hind leg of the dead mammal and dropped it by next to Rey-Lynn. "I hope you don't mind Oxen, I could smell the heard a mile away anyway... Oxen scent is rather, distinguished if you will..." Kneeling down on his left claw he inhaled the scent of the dead animal. With a quick exhaled of smoke a deposit rumble great in the area. He was growling... He truly did have a animals mannerisms, it was entertaining I'm a word.

Lieing back down near the fire we wrapped his tail and body around the orange flame. "If it's alright with you I'll stay in dragon for for tonight, it will keep away any unnecessary houseguests." It was oddly when Seren spoke his maw did not move, it was all telepathic in a sense. But before lieing back down he managed too take notice at the mysterious grease like substance Rey-Lynn used. "Oh? And what might this be, the scent is unfamiliar too me."
"Ah, this?"
He grinned a bit, removing the corked bottle from his makeshift bag once more, tossing it around a bit. "Just an old concoction my brother taught me about when we traveled" Rei-Lynn chuckled at this, swirling the liquid around in the transparent bottle idly as he spoke "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how it works myself. But it's a blend of dung and oil that has some sort of reactive property with bark. Works best with pinecones though. Bastard was obsessed with finding as many uses for pinecones as possible. Even took to eating them from time to time".
He tossed it to the side and unsheathed a forearm length dagger, spinning it in a playful manner before beginning his assault on the animal corpse.
"And your form is just fine with me, makes me feel more like I'm back home to be honest with ya'" He said in an oddly cheerful tune for someone preparing a carcass for the fire. The Half-Breed made himself comfortable near the fire, roasting the animal to the best of his abilities over the hours while fighting the desire to drift off into the desire to sleep.

His homeland must have been an interesting one by the sounds of it. Or perhaps his life was just a bit less than usual. You have to assume even a seasoned adventurer wouldn't go as far to call sitting by a fire with a dragon comforting.

"Hey Seren...." He said, almost as if he was hardly paying attention as he stared into the bright flame "Do ya have any family?"

It's hard too believe that back at home Rey-Lynn said this was normal behavior. Of course most would be frightened if they saw a dragon. But Seren paid no mind too it. Besides, he was more concerned about feeding rather than what others thought. Seren took a closer smell of the fluid Rei-Lynn used too light the fire. It's scent was rather, distinct too put it lightly. It burned his nostrils slightly and smelled odd. But it started a fire so there was no room for complaints. However when the question about faintly arose it all started too come back. Ruffling hus wings a bit too get them in a more comfortable position he responded.

"Back at home I have a few family members. I have mother living in her own at the moment and my younger sibling Cyrill, doing who know what at the moment." Waving his large tail across the ground he continued. "I'd say Cyrill is hitting 19 this year and mother is in her forties, after all I did leave home when I was still adolescent. Father passed away when me and Cyrill were still children, war was inevitable so it could not be helped." Thinking back in what he had left behind didn't usually bother Seren, greifing over losses was not part of his code if sorts. And that code prohibited going back. Seren always took what was coming too him never taking a second chance for most things he did. He was blunt with people and compassionate with combat. And rhus way if life frightened off most people his age, as if his tail and ears weren't enough too begin with. "And that's about it when it comes too core family. I am not exceedingly interested in mating at the moment. And most of the rime I'm by myself so there's that."
Rei-Lynn nodded in understanding as he tended to the roasting meat, idly poking at the fire with a stick
"Ah, I see. Fancy yourself as more of the lone wolf type?" He chuckles at this, running his hand through the hair at the back of his head "I've never quite been able to do that. Everywhere I went I found myself blessed to be in the company of family, or close friends that I regarded as such. I enjoy sitting and embracing the sound of nothing as much as the next guy, but being alone feels so... cold. Yaknow?"
He ponders, almost as if he had been talking aloud to himself more so than to Seren.
"If you don't mind my pestering, why'd ya ever leave?"
At this point in the conversation the Half-Breed finally turned towards his companion, to read whatever reaction he could draw from a scaled giant.

Seren exhaled a thick cloud of smoke and soot through his nostrils. He often did this when he was slightly irritated or annoyed, but this was different. "No, that isn't the reason I travel alone. Whether I like it or not somewhere, sometime in going too make connections. And through these connections friendships are born. You get attached too this person, they'd be willing too die with and or beside you when the moment comes. But when you drag them down with you a strong feeling of guilt arises. You feel as if, it's all your fault, no matter how hard you try too block it out. You either end up dragging one down with you or getting dragged down by someone. And that is the major reason I stay alone, so that my claws aren't the ones stained with the blood of my allies. It's something I'm still working out at the moment."

And when the question of leaving home came to mine Seren had too think out his answer. "Well there are actually a couple of reasons I left home. The fist is a coming of age ritual of sorts. Most draconians leave home at around 17, since this role enough too care for themselves. Secondly I left too extend my father's legacy, on his death bed I promised him I'd live on. So I obliged his request. Also it was getting rather crowded back at home too be honest." Seren then vibrated his vocal cords to make a jumping growl like noise. It was obviously not a growl of anger so he had too have been laughing. And a quite strange laugh at that.
Although the sound certainly sounds queer to the ears of the Half-Breed, it doesn't take him too terribly long to catch on and begin laughing along with his companion.
He leans forward a bit, giving a friendly little jab at what he assumed likely to be a dragon's equivalent to a shoulder
"Ah, I see. So Sir Grumpy Scales does have a noble heart after all."
Rei-Lynn certainly does seem to be a fan of his own humor, as his chuckle starts to adopt a tone more fitting to a madman in due time. Without looking he drew the dagger mounted at his hip, giving a quick slash to the roasting beast above the fire and catching the hefty chunk in his empty hand
"To be honest with you Seren" he pauses to take a bite from the meat "I've got no clue where my home is, where my friends are, where my family is...
This is not the world I had known.
I tagged along with you in hope of finding something to assure me that I was simply lost or..." he takes a grim note at this point.
"I'm not from here Seren. I've only been reassured by mild similarities... but this place is foreign to me."
He smiles at this
"But I've hope that they're all still waiting on my return."

Seren then nodded in agreement. Afterwards he began too stand up on his somewhat unsealed legs. He was not used too sitting for this long unless he was sleeping. Walking over too the earlier carved oxen corpse he noticed there was quite a bit of exess. Mostly things not safe for human consumption. Seren then quickly opened his maw and began his assult on the corpse. He tore through most of it and even distinct crunches were heard. He ate nearly everything that was lefr, bine and all. The only body part he didn't touch was the large intestine, due too possible feces. With a loud yawn he then looked down at the desecrated corpse. Opening his mouth once more his throat started too glow, it was a distinct red. A orange red fire then erupted from his mouth, turning the leftovers corpse too nothing but ashes. Along with some of the grass... He then lied back down next to the fire. "Yes this pace is foreign too most. But remember that it is not a specific area that makes a home. But those who stand beside you does. Cliché I know, but is is true nonetheless."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Heavenly Hellfire Among Legends

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus