Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Heavenly Hellfire Among Legends

He nods in response
"Aye, I know. Those words are lined with wisdom, that's doubtless. But my family... I can't very well accept that they're gone without giving it my all to find them..."
At this point he almost looker as if he was reminiscing fondly
"My wife, Casey.
My daughter, Millicent.
My brother, Paralax...
And my best friend Gage.
Albeit I don't even know how long I've been gone."
That seemed rather vague and unexplained, but soon his faded eyes were drawn to the new pile of ash and the heat radiating from Seren. He watched the ash dance in the passing breeze for a moment before lying back, hands folded behind his head as his eyes began to close.
"We should rest. We'll need all the strength possible for the journey."
Seren Anhrefncoatl H (played by Dracon25697) Topic Starter

"Aye, I'll see you in the morning. Too which we head too out first destination." Seren then curled around into a sleeping position as the nights moon rose above them. Rei-Lynns vagueness earlier managed too catch his attention though. It was true, he did have a extensive family. And he was also exceedingly close too them. He was a respectable man, whether it'd be in battle or otherwise. Seren could relate too his delemia in some way shape or form the best he could. After all, if they were going too be taking this trip they needed too be fairly close. As Seren's large eyes came too a close he drifted off into a deep slumber. His inhaling and exhaling would starve off most predators from the area. Not many people were brave nor stupid enough too take a dragon without a decent hunting party. As the night passed over them a new day would awaken momentarily.
You really give people more credit than they deserve.
There are plenty of stupid people to be found all over, and it appears that those in this land were no exception.
The first thing Seren's large eyes took in upon opening was the familiar glow of magic, which almost seemed to overtake the sunlight itself.
There were three figures around you, all of which casting that same glow. Their feeble magic.
Upon the uttering of what was likely long forgotten dialect, the feeling of your limbs slowly constricting became overtaking, as if your very flesh was rending into a bent shape from the inside.
Appears they were trying to pin you.

Thoughts quickly drew to your companion who hadn't been sleeping too far from yourself the night before.
Brief observation revealed that he was hardly in a better situation, four leather clad men drew in around him, one barely clinging to life at Rei-Lynn's feet. These men were far too well armed to be your typical marauders, and given the combination of magic and their ability to keep up with Rei-Lynn, their training must also have drawn from a superb source.

Rei-Lynn caught a crossbow bolt in his forearm from yet another well armed man, barely avoiding catching another in his gut at the cost of his shoulder blade.
His sword had long been drawn at this point, tasting the blood of one fallen man already, and another as he parried an incoming strike.
This gave the opportunity for the Half-Breed to deliver a brutal lunging strike to the now open man, delivering at least eight inches of the tools length past both his armor and a lung.
However your companion was unprepared, bare of his own armor due to likely removing it overnight, he was forced to resort to crude tactics and use the newly injured man as a shield.

As Seren was being binded down he say Rei-Lynn shivers a blad through someone vody. The scent of blood had caught his nostrils. Attempting too get up he realized he was bound down by someone's magical chains. Usually chaining something down with magic is avoided, regular chains don't drain someone of their Occult energy. But this was different, these men were planning in spilling blood. Lifting his legs up each of the chains began too snap, one by one each chains user attempted too hold him down. With a mighty roar Seren managed too get free of his bindings. His pupils than constricted as he readied himself for combat.

The first person he looked at attempted too show a javelin towards his lower leg. He lifted it just in the nick of time, only suffering a graze on his scales, yet he still bleed. Leaning back on his hind legs he jumped up and grabbed the marauder in his maw. Luckily for him his metabolism required him too feed somewhat often. Shaking him in his mouth his armor began too come off. Swallowing the person whole he spat out the remains of the armor, now reduced to puddles of molten iron. Another solder was on his right flank. Swinging his behemoth if a tail he stuck him with its base. A distinct snap was heard is the person was reduced to broken bones. Grabbing another soldier near his fore claw he struck the soldier too the ground. Before they could get up they were crushed by nearly 4-5 tons of weight. He snarled as he noticed the men around Rei-Lynn. Using fire in combat was usually Serens last resort, ironiclly eating someone in battle was quite common. Inhaling air through his chest a molten ball of fire was hurled at one of the men. "Rey-Lynn! Keep one of them alive for questioning, I would like toone have a word with at least one of them." With a distinct grunt he began too walk towards Rei-Lynn, letting out a intimidating roar as he moved. But still, there werexist soldier around. So vigilance was key.
Rei-Lynn's attention doesn't break from the fight at hand, however he still speaks while fending off the duo's attackers with the barely-alive shield, and his blade which he was now forced to wield single handed.
"You see" He grunts, catching another bolt in his meatshield captive
"I'd planned on that too, but it just so turns out-"
Rei-Lynn releases the man in his grip, kicking his all but limp body forward onto two of his remaining companions who had been making their approach. This diverted their attention long enough for him to close the distance between them, tossing his sword to the side and throwing a right hook across the nearest man's face, keeping it there to catch an incoming strike from the other as he drops his body and turns, his left leg delivering a hostile blow to the man he had already struck with an audible crack.
"But it seems our company here is REALLY bad at staying alive!"
You can't quite see his face, but you have the feeling that it's got that familiar grin that you know well now, spread far across it. Rei-Lynn hooked is left leg back as weight to assist him in drawing back as Seren's flame all but incinerated the man near him, doing well to singe the exposed parts of his arms too.

However his attention was now tow drawn to the son of a bitch with the crossbow.
"You know, there's a reason why crossbows have never quite been my style." Rei-Lynn said calmly as he approached the last soldier still standing, cracking his neck just to add to the feeling that he sincerely did not give a damn about anything he could do to him.
"They take far too long to reload." He murmured, standing directly infront of the man as he simply kicked the crossbow forward, which the soldier was struggling to reload without the proper tool during that time. The soldier looked up at the man before him, eyes fixed like a hound with a body more fitting of a corpse. He turned to run, to no avail as your companion stepped infront of him, tripping the poor fool as he drove his shoulder into the man's spine and detained his arms.

Although it seemed the immediate threat was over, Rei-Lynn was not looking to well. His wounds from the bolts were bleeding profusely, though you already knew why, it still looked concerning. He allowed that arm to hang nearly limp, his breathing running rough while he kept the man in place.

As most of the engagement began too settle Seren noticed all of the dead corpses around them. But that was not the objective. He walked towards Rey-Lynn as he pinned down one of the soldiers. He was obviously in a pissed mood at the moment due too his body lanquage. "I'll take it from here." moved Rei-Lynn's slightly too the side as he kept the man down with his paw. "Let's see what the damage is. You and your men interrupted out morning, attempted too place our heads on bloody pikes, chained my down in a attempt too kill me, nearly removed my companions arm and cause his too bleed previously and have me a bad metal taste in my mouth. You sure as hell Beyer have a good explanation for this." Seren said this as he began too push down with his foreleg. He wanted answers and his methods of getting were harsh, yet entertaining in a sense.

As Seren pushed his leg down the soldier began too scream. "Ok! Ok! I'll talk, just don't kill me!" Seren exhaled a cloud of thick soot from his nostrils. "Death by my claws would be too good for you." The soldier ten flinched as Seren gave off a deep rumble from his chest. "I was sent here, it was a assassination attempt by my lord. Lord Ignus does not take too lightly about other draconians. Especially you." That name, Ignus... It was a stain on Seren's hands and it left a bad taste in his mouth. The only other draconian that Seren was wary of, because they were the same person after all... "You are if no use too us any more. Tell him I'd rather be branded with hit metal than hear his name again. Now leave my presence before I make sure you don't see the ight if day again!" Seren then tossed him away like a ragdoll as he ran into the distance.

Seren then turned towards Rei-Lynn as he began too change back too normal. The same fire that started the process arrived once more. But this time it shrunk as he did. "It looks as if I have some explaining too do. But that can wait, I have something too tend too your wounds. Just give me a minute." Seren ran over too the camp site, avoiding the corpses that stained the ground as well. He found his satchel in the hands of a dead woman. Prying it from her lifeless hands he pulled out a silver glass vial. It contained a blue liquid, but it wasnot a slave of some sort. Seren gestured ir too Rey-Lynn. "Here apply this too your wound. It will help."
Rei-Lynn nodded, albeit with haste as he took the vial and uncorked it.
The substance was clearly foreign to him, but he did as Seren said after removing the bolts.
Whatever the effects were, they weren't immediate. But Rei-Lynn certainly did feel a bit of relief.
"Thank you, Seren. It's nice to have an alternative to binding it myself."
He ran his hand over the shoulder he had healed the day prior, the tumors and bone shards looking hideous as ever
"Don't get me wrong, it's a life saver and all, but you can imagine how it must feel. Doesn't look too pretty either. Kinda depends on the severity of the wound though. Blah blah blah"
He flicked his wrist around as he went on about this, strolling back to retrieve the gear he never had a chance to use during the prior bout.
As Rei-Lynn pulled his jerkin back over his head, he looked over his shoulder towards Seren.
"So, Ignus huh? It's story time bud."

Seren sighed as he mentioned story time. "Then gather yourself and get ready, I can tell you as we walk. Out stop is not but ten minutes from here." Seren wrapped his satchel around his side and began to take a glance at Rei-Lynn's wound. It looks like that liquid Seren gave him began to work. His wounds began to sizzle as they binded back together, almost like it was going back in time. "Try not to touch the wounds, you might burn yourself."

As the two began walking their usual trial Seren began explaining. "First i would have too explain the gist of this world's religion of sorts. Each and every being in this planet possesses a energy within their veins, imbued into them by one of our six gods. The Draconic Occult is the name of this power, quite a mouthful I know. Now this energy can be obtained in one of two ways, from birth it can be gifted to you by said gods. Or it can be inherited by your both parents, or possibly both. For example I posses Ixen, the ability of fire manipulation. This was given to me at birth and hence passed on from my mother and father. And the god that controls Ixen is Kadona. At first thought it sounds farfetched, but she does exist. All of them do, visiting our mortal realm every so often to check in on us." Seren then took a moment to gaze up towards the sky as he inhaled deeply. "Now then, in return for creating everything we know the gods had too also provide a negative aspect. This is where Ignus comes in. Naturally as a user of Ixen I am naturally prideful and I cause quarrelsomeness easy. Anger is a major trait. When this anger and pride manifests it becomes something else... In this case my anger and frustration, my hate manifested into a physical being. Ignus, another portion of my being. He's a lot like me too be honest, but too a more destructive degree. During the process of separation from me however he is not whole, he is only half of entire being, that being being me. And now he wants to be whole once again." Seren then closed his eyes for a minute to try and put things in perspective.

"Too put it simply I'll use a simple question with a complicated answer. Do you know the difference between a king and his horse? One always is supporting the other, the king riding on his steed always supporting him. Yeah, and both would support each other at a moment's notice. In my case I am, err was that king. And Ignus was my other half, my horse. He was my supporter, my other half. But he doesn't wish to be that horse anymore. The drive to be king is strong within him, he will not stop until I submit to being his horse, no... Even worse than a simple steed, a vessel for him too simply use rather than rely on. It's rather sickening if you ask me..." Seren's physical body language began to show signs of anger again. His hands tensed up and his tail stiffened. "Rumors of war are beginning to stir Rey-Lynn, and I'm going to find out if those are true, and take responsibility for what I've created. Whether others agree with me or not." Seren then remained silent for quote some time, awaiting his companions response as they arrived towards the gate of a large trading city, Saiflance.
Rei-Lynn's brow furrows at this, a look of mild anger and discontent spreading across his face at the mentioning of your Gods.
"You know, back when I was still young, my land had Gods similar to your own. Each and every one was Terrakin once, created by them as well. They were no more than children really, granted with the power of copious amounts of souls in the interest of creating deities."
He spits on the ground at this, as if the mere mentioning was leaving a bad taste in his mouth. The grass where he spat begins dying in an instant.
"Years went on where the project had been considered a success too. Ancient Terrakin had succeeded in creating beings that they keyed the term "Divine" for. However as time went on the Divine suffered more and more pain from their mere existence, not to mention being treated as tools for warfare, among other petty ******* purposes. Eventually they grew discontent with their lives, killing those that created and oppressed them in pursuit of freedom. For thousands of years they dwelled among mortals, altering their very lives and soon being accepted as Gods who gave immense gifts of power. Nothing was free though"
His fists clenched
"Their entire game was merely to kill us all. Turning brother on brother, country on country. All in the name of a false God. They wanted to destroy it all and start anew, they indiscriminately took and ****ing took. I was one of their weapons. My best friend was one of their weapons. My own damn brother was meant to be a weapon to kill what I was!"
Your companion seemed to be getting carried away with this, legitimately losing his calm state for the first time since you set out together.

"Until one day. We made it our job to destroy them. To end the seemingly endless loop of death and suffering they'd created for their own game. We amassed an army of the people, any that would listen to the truth, in a rally to slaughter the Divine. We were small. There was no possible way for us to rid our land of the Decay they created, so we went to the source. We crossed into their realm, and at the cost of many lives not a single Divine would draw another breath."

At this point you were sure he was leaving out details, lost in a mad man's hate as he ranted on about the Divine you'd only now heard so much about. However this was all but unsettling, as if your companion had half a mind to strike near anything down that dared stand in his path.

"All but one... but that one was-"
He paused.
"Different."
Rei-Lynn looked towards you, a fire in his eyes that threatened to burn you from his gaze alone
"If there's something like that existing in this world Seren, I WILL strike them down. My own goals can wait."
"And as for your double..."
A cold look spreads across his demeanor
"I say you either dominate him, or WE end the demon's life."

Seren then gave Rei-Lynn a composing glare. "Calm yourself for now, we will get to that road when we cross it. For now let's worry about crossing this gate, after all it's been awhile since I had a bed to sleep in. I'd prefer if we found a sufficient inn by night." That fire in Rey-Lynn's eyes, that was the exact type of determination Seren was looking for. Most would quivered at the thought if even standing in the presence of either him or Ignus. But no, Rei-Lynn had thought otherwise. He was rather unstable at the moment ranting in about the Divines and the massacre he had to witness and participate in. It was not easy on Seren's mind, but as they came up to the gates of Saiflance Seren had to put it off for now. "When it comes to Ignus I would prefer your matter suggestion." He said this almost jokingly, to lighten to mood a bit.

When they came to the cities large gate Seren noticed the gate guardians on particular. Raising their Spears at the sight of the two they began common city entrance routine. "Uld Zu'u laan hin maarahmik het?" They were not speaking in common tongue, so rhetorical must have been referring to Seren. Both possessed light armor and a visor on their foreheads. Both spears held a dragon's insignia on the base if the handle. Oddly enough they looked somewhat similar to Seren, despite the fact that they were obviously older than him, as well as their tails were elongated and didn't end in a pointed Spade tip. It turns out they were draconians as much as Seren was. Seren the showed the two his left shoulder plate. It possessed a similar insignia, like the ones on their weapons. But it was shaded in red and orange and had a more detailed dragon on it. "Zu'u tovaak hi vos zey ahrk dii zeymahzin zeim. Membrah hi hind to hon nol reg Kadona ekmaar." Both knights kneeled down as Seren explained the situation. They then lifted their Spears and allowed the two too enter.

The city itself was quite bustling. There were market stands and goods being imported into the city. Young draconic and human children were frolicking through the streets. As well as a mixed combination of human and Draconian folk. Shopkeepers were attempting to haggle as the scent of various foods filled the air. Seren then turned towards Rei-Lynn to explain. "Well we're here, welcome to Saiflance. It's quite the sight, is it not?"
He gives a thoughtful glance around where he currently stand, taking in the sights since arriving at the gate. Rei-Lynn had calmed down considerably since his own mentioning of the divine, back to his typical demeanor as he flashed a bashful smile.
"It's quite a lot to take in, I'll be honest."
For a moment Seren can't help but notice the tenderness in his eyes as Rei-Lynn caught a glimpse of three children irritating a older man operating a stand, as if reminiscing.
"Call me crazy, but it almost comes with a sense of nostalgia. I think that's it anyway..."
He catches himself in thought and turns to his companion, reaching into a coinpurse secured at his hip and pulling out what you can only assume is some type of currency. However, it doesn't look familiar to Seren in the slightest, from the engravings to the language, Hell, even the metal didn't look like it belonged here. However before any sort of explanation could be provided he had already shoved it into his companion's hand and began walking off in the opposite direction.
"Here, do me a favor and keep a seat warm for me at the inn." He said in a friendly tone, although he wasn't even looking in Seren's direction
"Sorry to drop the ball as soon as we got here, but I need to go find I library. Surely a big ol' place like this has got one, right?"
It seemed as if he was hardly talking to you as he walked away, giving a wave and promising he would find his way back to you in due time.

Seren was left mouth agape as Rei-Lynn left to find a local library Seren couldn't help but punch his forehead. He then began to rant to himself a bit, a habit he frequently did. "I swear sometimes he can act like a lost puppy more than a grown man. I just hope he finds the library he's looking for considering some of the signs are printed in draconic instead of common english. May Kadona watch over me..." Seren then dug into the coinpurse as pulled out one of the coins Rei-Lynn had gave to him. The metal itself was unusual yet alluring. It obviously wasn't the common Kerf, or coin. But it could still be sold in some way shape or form. Money in Xucrutov was never truly wasted or thrown away. If people didn't use it for monetary value it could be recycled into other uses, like at a local smithy. Anything could have a value in the right economy.

As Seren finished his reminiscing of the city he began to search for a inn. But the issue was finding someone suitable inn to rest. Saiflance contained a number of buildings, usually more than one if the same building. The city contained inns, bars, shops, the occasional tome and smithy. Hell, the sixty even had a local public school not to far from the library. As Seren located a sign for a large in he skimmed the sign over. It read, "subtitle haaf fah naan reyliik." As Seren walked inside he noticed a man at the counter. Hr then walked over towards him. Fortunately this wasn't Seren's first time here, he could recognized the man there from a mile away.

"Hello would you have any rooms available for two?" The man then grew a large grin as Seren greeted him. "Seren, how have you been boy? It's been quite awhile." He then gave Seren a good chip on the shoulder using his fist. Rubbing his shoulder a bit he smiled as well. "I've been good Benjamin, I'm here traveling with a friend. Anyway would this work for payment?" Seren then pulled out several coins from Rei-Lynn's coinpurse. Benjamin was someone Seren worked with when it came to business. He was sufficient when it came to the economy, he supplied Seren with blades and armor.

As Benjamin took a closer look at the coins he tilted his head. "These don't look like regular Kerf, who are you traveling with?" Seren Then sighed. "That is none of your concern for now, anyway will they do?" Sighing he nodded his head. "I can accept these after all the metal they're made out of might sell for quite a bit. Your room is upstairs, third to the right." He then tossed Seren a pair of keys to the room. Seren's grin grew again. "I owe you one, I'll be seeing you!" With a simple solute Seren left the inn to scan the market. He needed to resupply after all.
As time passes and Seren goes on about his errands, the lack of his companion becomes more and more evident. It was coming to multiple hours now, where as even the smaller markets and businesses were beginning to close up shop.

Assuming that Rei-Lynn had even found a library might've been a long shot, but assuming he had, what could possibly absorb so much time?
He had never quite even given an explanation anyway.

However a dreadful feeling began to wash over as what appeared to be all-out hysteria broke out towards the grand city's center, the brawny draconic guards abandoning their posts and swarming towards the source of the outbreak, while in opposition, horrified citizens attempted to distance themselves from the area to the best of their abilities. Their hurry was desperate enough to trample their own when it came to tight corridors being the only escape.

As Seren browsed the shops for materials he didn't decide to buy anything for now. It would be best to save their money until further notice, besides he wasn't exactly sure what he needed. So Seren dropped his shopping plans and headed back towards the inn. But before approaching the entrance city guards stormed out of the inside before he could enter. Conflict on a city this large would reach any necessary ears in a matter of minutes. But it took Seren mere seconds to realize something was amiss when guards began to head towards the city's core. "May the gods help me in Rei-Lynn is related to this situation."

As the city's streets were crowded with people headed in opposite directions Seren could help but grit his teeth. "The idiots! Why don't they just fly instead of trample the people, I swear children have more brains than modern soldiers." If serem decided to shed his wings now it wouldn't heln the situation. As he held the grip of his sword he attempted to power through the panicking citizens. He couldn't get a clear look of what was going on due to the soldiers in his way. All he could do is wait while holding his battle stance.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Heavenly Hellfire Among Legends

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus