Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Another Newbie!

Lianoth Topic Starter

I agree!
I love animals so much though, I used to do volunteer work in a shop raising money for pet owners who couldn't afford vet fees. If you love animals then usually it means we will get along and that you are awesome!
Lianoth wrote:
I agree!
I love animals so much though, I used to do volunteer work in a shop raising money for pet owners who couldn't afford vet fees. If you love animals then usually it means we will get along and that you are awesome!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Kim Site Admin

Lianoth wrote:
@Sanne - Hello there! Thank you for the welcome! I do actually have one question, I wondered if the RP was usually done in the forums, on the page where you advertise to look for an RP partner or in private messages?

I believe I can help with this query!

You probably already know that when it comes to starting RPs, most people start in the Looking For RP forum to find some other players. There's also a search tool that will help you find what you're looking for within that forum - click "Find RP" in the top menu, then "join game" then scroll to the bottom to adjust your preferences for game types. If you want more info on using that search tool, here's a handy help article.

If you end up joining someone else's RP, they'll let you know the details about how to join in/where to play with them.

If you're starting up your own RP, you have a few choices about how to proceed once you've found a RP partner or two.
  1. You can just create a RP topic on one of our 3 public RP forums: General Roleplay, Sci-Fi Roleplay and Fantasy RP. Keep in mind that because these areas are public, you'll have to make sure the RP stays in the PG-13ish range.
  2. You can choose to RP via private messages, and just create a new conversation thread with all your RP partners as recipients. Since this is private, the only rules that tend to apply are not to do OOC illegal things and be nice to your RP partners OOC.
  3. If you're going to have a whole lot of people in your RP, or the RP setting is going to be very strictly defined and you want to have a place to store world building information alongside it, you might consider starting your own group. This gives you access to profile building tools for the group, but also to creating your very own forums!
  4. In some cases, you and your RP partner might even decide to use some other messenger or game to RP on.

Please do note that the Looking for RP forums are only for posting ads, not for actual RP. :) This helps us provide accurate, useful, and timely search results to people who are looking for something still open to be joined.

By the by, you can use the "launch chat" button at the top and bottom of any forum topic, whether it's in a private group forum or our public RP forums, to turn your topic into a real time chat! There's also a link in the sidebar of private messages that will let you do the same.
Lianoth Topic Starter

Wow, thank you so much for your really informative post Kim! That is brilliant, now I understand where to post! :) I was a little nervous that I would do it in the wrong place and get in trouble! Thank you!
Why welcome to RPR! I'm Lotus, but you can call me Light! It's really sweet to meet you!

It sounds like you're already starting to settle in really nicely! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us; we're a real friendly bunch!

But.. Random question time! (I always love to do this with new people, so you don't have to do this if you don't want to.) Since you're open to any RP genre, what TV shows or anime do you like?

Aside, I really hope you enjoy yourself here!
Lianoth Topic Starter

Hi Light, thank you for the welcome!
I don't really watch much television or anime really. I mean I watch a programme now and again but it is not something that I do often. If I do, it is usually romance related. I love period dramas though, my favourite book is Pride and Prejudice. I guess I am a romantic at heart, haha :)
Hi there, and welcome to RPR! Medieval and Romance are both definitely popular roleplays that people do here, so you should have no trouble finding another one if you want!
Lianoth Topic Starter

Hi there RainbowToRosie!
Thank you very much for your welcome! I know they are very popular, hopefully I will find something good! :)
You did fine! <3

We're all pretty friendly and laid back here, so no one to impress. Just be yourself!

716828965_113007.gif

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Another Newbie!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus