Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy Setting, Romance preferred (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I enjoy romance roleplays, plots driven by action, and the insightful playing of your character. I'd like to do something that involves an original setting for some of my characters, and just tailor them or their background a little bit; I think that doing that is actually really fun. But hey, if you don't want to, we don't have to. I just think it's fun.

A few explanations:

- Romances, in my opinion, are one of the best genres to write with two people, because in my experience they're the ones that tend not to die out. If we decide to play a romance, please make sure you could see the characters with each other, without any tailoring. I know for a fact that pretty much none of my characters would change for someone else, and I'm unsure if they're even capable of change at this point in their lives.

- A plot driven by action, to me, is where the story has a problem/solution structure, but the problem is never solved by talking it out. It's more a grand-scale, enemy type thing, which would entail careful planning and explanations of motives for the opposing side(s).

- Lastly, insightful playing of your character is rather an easy topic; just understand that your character is an alleged person, and as such, they will not know everything. If I slip in some extra information that your character could in no way know unless they read my actual post/my character's thoughts and your character suddenly knows about it, I will point it out and ask you to fix it.

Character Descriptions

Before you go and just look at my profile and ignore these - Logan, Ferran, and Sellina are not open for this prompt!

X
Okeanus Okeanus is a genuinely kind person, though he doesn't show it. At first when you meet him, he's cold, distant, has a huge ego, is a bit of a smartass. Underneath this, though, he'd be the type to donate to charities even when he didn't have a lot of money and he'd go out of his way to help anyone across the street.

His setting can be changed, but not out of a fantasy world, more like - well, his status. He can become a peasant or even higher in the world, if you'd please, to make it work. He's meant for long roleplays, so you need to be able to deal with sparse interactions at first, before things actually start developing.

We can play out the problem presented in his biography, or come up with something else. He's not intended for action stories, though. He's not good at the whole defense (or offense) thing.

X
Erleteri is human. He has a joking and likeable exterior, but he's always thrumming with nervous energy despite his actions. He doesn't like getting close to people, but if someone proves themselves to him, he'll do no less than worship them (in his own way, of course).

Goals and wants scare him, and though when he has them it's one of the things he thinks about most often, he doesn't think he's good enough to achieve them. He'll need someone who can match his humor and help him, but won't bring it up unless Erleteri says he has a problem.

Requirements

- Two paragraphs for casual roleplaying, three when inspired, five on a pretty good day. I understand that if a scene is based on dialogue, the post is going be rather short, but if the characters are apart or you don't need to end a post for my character's actions, please fill in the space.

- Understanding of the fact that IC is IC and OOC is OOC. My characters are generally very large a-holes. I have to think like they do, and when I do, it can be very hard to differentiate their a-holery from my 'oh god you're such a jerk why do you do this'-ery. Sometimes things they do are ridiculously out of line. Because they are such massive jerks sometimes. Selene won't really have a problem with this, but Erleteri? The boy sometimes needs someone to beat him.

- Decent activity. I try reply within three days, but I also have music to practice and people to see and a family to spend time with. And, y'know, I try to keep it consistent, so I ask that you do, too. You can tell me if you're not enjoying what I post and are slow because of it. You can tell me if you're going somewhere and won't be able to reply. I generally won't mind. But please be somewhat considerate, because just not knowing is a little bit stressful. Are you okay? Do you not enjoy the roleplay? Am I doing something wrong? Please just let me know.

- A pretty adept understanding of the English language, and how grammar works alongside that knowledge. Please know where to put your commas and your apostrophes and where not to, as well. Please know to put quotation marks around what the character is saying and please also know which words are allowed to be together, as well, like saying 'an apple' instead of 'a apple.' Please know how to construct complex sentences and compound ones and please know to vary which kind of sentences you use so that it's not repetitive. Basics, really.

Thank you for reading, and I hope we can start something up!

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

Hello! I've read through your post and it immediately took my interest and I would love to RP this with you, or anything at that. I only have one character for now as it actually takes me quite a bit of time to develop a genuine character.
I used to RP on Kik and Msparp but it's been a small while so forgive me if I'm a bit rusty.
Hello.
Shadow13

Hi I would like to rp.
lunan Topic Starter

Salutlexxx wrote:
Hello! I've read through your post and it immediately took my interest and I would love to RP this with you, or anything at that. I only have one character for now as it actually takes me quite a bit of time to develop a genuine character.
I used to RP on Kik and Msparp but it's been a small while so forgive me if I'm a bit rusty.
Thank you! I understand the struggle at developing characters - it's hard for me to have any more than seven, because I get all of them confused. I like to make it all realistic, y'know, and people aren't simple!

It's fine if you're a little rusty. PM me and we'll see if we can get something started up!
lunan Topic Starter

yuko wrote:
Hello.
Hi. If you want to simply talk to me, PM me - I don't want to fill up this thread with smalltalk.
lunan Topic Starter

Shadow13 wrote:
Hi I would like to rp.
Okay. What would you like to RP? Any characters to volunteer? PM me your answers.
Hey you! Even though we already have one RP going strong, I'd be up for one more if you are :D
lunan Topic Starter

Penholder wrote:
Hey you! Even though we already have one RP going strong, I'd be up for one more if you are :D
Hey, if it's good for you, it's good for me! Just PM me or something for the discussion of it.
Hello Swiftly!

I would like to do an RP with you with Kiru if that is ok. If I had a choice, I would love to pair up him up with Sellina. Let me know if you are interested.
I hope I am not too late to the party! I'm super interested in Ferran and would love to develop a plot between him and my Azza (he's the only one I have on this site atm, ahh). I would really love to do something that explores aristocracy intrigue with romance. Err, unless playing with another male character is bothersome, in which case, please disregard this message! If you are interested do you desire me to send you a message or vice versa? I look forward to your response!
Amelia (played by ChickenNuggets)

Interesting. I would like to join if it's alright
lunan Topic Starter

House913 wrote:
Hello Swiftly!

I would like to do an RP with you with Kiru if that is ok. If I had a choice, I would love to pair up him up with Sellina. Let me know if you are interested.
Firstly - interesting character! I like how you fleshed him out. Secondly, I'm sorry for keeping Selene up in the post, since she isn't up for roleplay anymore. I meant to take her availability down, but I didn't get around to it. If you'd like to do anything with the other two, feel happy to. I'm sorry for making you wait for a denial!
lunan Topic Starter

PorcelainPoppies wrote:
I hope I am not too late to the party! I'm super interested in Ferran and would love to develop a plot between him and my Azza (he's the only one I have on this site atm, ahh). I would really love to do something that explores aristocracy intrigue with romance. Err, unless playing with another male character is bothersome, in which case, please disregard this message! If you are interested do you desire me to send you a message or vice versa? I look forward to your response!
Not too late yet! :) Ferran is bi, so I don't think having a male partner will pose any problems. I'd prefer if you'd send me a message, if you'd please.
lunan Topic Starter

Amelia wrote:
Interesting. I would like to join if it's alright
Okay! Would you mind PMing a few more things about Amelia, like what roleplays she's meant for, what kind of person she is, and all that jazz? It'd also help if you included who you wanted to roleplay with.
I would be interested in RPing with Ferran.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy Setting, Romance preferred (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus