Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tear of the Lion

Eled Lightfoot (played by DannyShadow) Topic Starter

Da wrote:
Da wrote:
The figure keeps steady eye on the accented Elf and surrounding Kingsguard. Plate clad, were the crossbow-armed soldiers. He takes a quick assessment over the crowd. Not here. But then he noticed the parchment in the Kobold's hand. He traced his gaze to the crowd, to the woman he previously ran into. Maybe... He'd stand, his massive bod raising to adjust his cloak around his torso and bottom half, before making his approach, purple hue dead locked on the woman who was hidden to all but him, face monotone and shadowed by his cloak-and-dagger suite. Moreover simply, pushig past some drunks and other onlookers to the conflict that had rose beyond his comprehension. Not here. Approach ready, heavy boots bending the wood below with each slow plant. Not here. Taking a position behind a half formed third row, watching the unravelling of the confrontation of Kingsguard and what can only be assumed as a poacher, smuggler or pyrate of some kind, and the little Kobold. Not. Here.

(Ty much better. Feel free to pm me if you want someone specific to be somewhere in the rp and i can try to work with it great post!)
Dokliguk (played by Lorvilran)

Dok blinks. "They try to hurt Dokliguk if he come down, not trust big men Dokliguk also not drink big man drink before. Kobold rogue got be ready for big people who find home." He quickly moved the parchment to the rafters and stepped on it before grabbing some bones from his pouch and gnawing on them in thought. "Dokliguk no want to come down until big person clan leader make sure they leave and not able harm Dokliguk if he come down." He still held the little vial, if Vivianne could get a good view she'd be able to see the poison did indeed seem to have a bit of a vaporous reaction to the air in the vial. The little kobold looked around the room. "Dokliguk want clan safe though...." He hopped about on the rafter he was on as he thought about the offer.

Eled smiled, enjoying the Kobold negotiations. He turned to the king, "Yeh 'ear tha' lad. If we need ter draw up another document - I'll find yeh. Otherwise - yeh lot of fat friars - and yer soldiers too - may arrrr vacate ther premisees." Eled shooed them with his hands for emphasis. One by one, humiliated and angry, the King and his men lowered their weapons and exited the tavern. Many of the populous, no longer wishing to be any part of this conflict left as well, until it was only Eled, the kobold, and any others who stayed in the tavern.

Eled jumped on the bartop, "Dokliguk, aye? Fine name." He noticed the bartender had fled, and smirks, "Seems the owner decided ther ale beh on ther house. Should be a good evenin', lad! Why not come down from ther? I won't beh hurtin yeh 'ere."
Vivianne Kaine (played anonymously)

From her position by the door Vivienne continued to monitor the situation. The femme's nose curled up in distaste as she watched the kobold gnaw on his bones, but her brows flared as it made it's demands. Her gaze flickered to Eled and the King and watched with slight amusement as the pirate captain waved the ruler away. As the king and his men began filing towards the door the woman turned away, pulling the hood of her cloak closer around her face, she had no desire to be recognized. now that most of the locals had left Vivienne moved to the bar, "Drinks on the house then." She smirked grabbing a couple of bottles and a few cups. Approaching Eled's table Vivienne cast a glance up to the kobold, she trusted that he wasn't going to drop the vial. Silently she set the bottles and cups on the table, uncorked one of the bottles and poured two cups, she paused over the third, "Are you joining us?" The question was obviously directed to the kobold.

Bump

( frigid hasn't been on for two weeks we are just going to have to post without him)

Dok blinks and puts the vial in his pouch then grabs the document. "Dokliguk still not trust." He flies down and lands near them on a seat. "Dokliguk sent to see if humans planning attack on kobolds, not find anything but not trust big people, they not most trustworthy..." He continued to gnaw on the bone he had. "Dokliguk sorry for interfere but not let deal go through if think it deal for attack on clan.. Clan is most important for kobold." He nods and looks around. "Dokliguk know traps and poisons." He pulls out the vial, it held a deep green vaporous mixture. "Big people would be sick if this dropped not dangerous but threat enough to trick mister big man. Not too smart. Dokliguk not have dangerous things with but lies better than truth as they keep alive."

Eled laughs, "Aye, lad. I feel ther same way about me crew as yer do yer clan. A cap'n's gotter protect 'is ship af'er all. Ther thing is, lad, none of us trust each other anyway. Ye'll fit right in." He takes a long swig, closing his one eye but very alert. "If yeh crush tha' piece erf paper," Eled continued, "Then we jes lose our commission with ther king. He misses his job. And we miss out on er lot of gold. But," Eled shrugged, "Donnae change much." He looked at Vivianne, "Does it lass? Mos' erv us would stay right on me ship after gettin' all tha' gold."

Not getting a straight answer from he kobold Vivienne went a head and poured him a cup any way, its not like it would go to waste, someone would drink it. After setting the bottle down with a thunk on the table she lifted her cup an took a heavy sip from it. Her good eye flickered between the Captain and the little winged creature, a smirk tugging at the corner of her lips as he referred to Eled as Mister Big Man, and she muffled a chuckle into her cup. When Eled called on the woman her ears twitched, and tail flicked behind her. "Na, I'm not in any hurry to leave." she sat her cup down. "Might I see your mixture Dokliguk?" She asked turning her attention to him.
The party had dispersed, and thus the figure with it, finding himself in the corner of the room, the silence deadhung in his presence, as only the interaction between the pyrate's and Kobold, azure hue flickering in the faint candle-lit region. He remained mute, not to disturb quite yet. His eyes remained steady on the Kingsguard leaving, lips tight, before back to the small group. His jugular twitches as he swallows, and nostrils flare as he lets some frustration release his system. Patience. That's key.

Dok blinks and offers her the poison. "It not going to kill anyone. Dokliguk not want to kill with poison though fear good tool if not strong enough to beat opponent, old sorcerer kobold wise and teach that." He then sniffs at the drink. "What this?" His small form was perched on the seat much like a bird would sit on a swing in a cage. He offered back the document and looked around. "No kill kobolds. Not harm big people unless come in tunnels uninvited."

"Aye, and no man beh dare riskin' er trip through ther Tunnels De Vae." It was true, Kobolds had a reputation for being idiotic, akin to the rats of a city. But there was one thing almost everyone could agree on - in their turf - they were deadly. One would think they were fighting thirty kobolds - and very well could be! Or...in the dark...even one kobold could rip a man to shreds before he could so much as take a breath. No, there was a reason no men dared enter the lair of the Kobolds. Eled took another long swig, his flowing red hair gliding along his neck with his movement. He resettled his eyes on the Kobold, "Speakin erv, wha' brings yeh ter the city, lad?"

The femme accepted the phial when it was offered to her. She held it up eye level inspecting it for a moment or two before handing it back to the Kobold. She thought she had a pretty good idea of the contents. After she returned the phial to him she lifted her cup and took a heavy drink her gaze traveling the room to see who remained with them. Spotting the man she run into earlier, one brow perked. With the Captain preoccupied with the Kobold Vivienne decided to address them. "You're the bloke I ran into earlier, yeah? Why don't you grab a cup join us?"
The man's eyes flashed as the woman indirectly addressed him. His mandible clenches as his pale lips tightened into a grimace of disapproval, remaining seated. He now dragged his pupil-lacking hue to peer directly at the woman, the purple iris barely notable under the brim of his cowl, some strands of brown, straw like hair floating under the side by his shoulders. He inspects his tankard a moment, before returning his gaze to the table, one-hundred percent silent, his neck flexing, jugular slithering up and down with each thick breath. His answer was himself, remaining in the corner, keeping his peripheral vision to the door.

Dok blinks. "Watch big people. Old sorcerer want know if big people plot against kobolds and Dokliguk sneaky usually. Big people usually try get people to kill kobolds cause we thought all evil just different." He nods. "Dokliguk not big like big people and often get lost in city so not have lots of luck finding way round like in tunnels. Even with wings Dokliguk not able to move like need to since can't just fly to spy as that not sneaky." He nods and tries the drink. "Not poison, what this?" He was a bit more curious his smaller form was a bit affected but not seriously as he hadn't really drank a lot kobolds weren't known for drinking, more for their ability to scavenge most anything they could off of a body including bones.

Eled nodded, "Aye - well if there beh er plot underfoot, lad, we'd hear about it. We know these 'ere seas and travel the world over. Tha' said, ther big king of this citeh is sendin' us on er top secret mission. If yer want ter find out if er plot is underfoot for yer sorcerer- I suggest yeh come with us. Yer nae goona learn about it by skulkin' roun' the people the King would never tell his top secret info to, aye?"

The femme's tail flicked from as her offer seemed to be rejected by the strange looking person,"Suit yourself Mate." Then she shrugged and turned her gaze back to Eled and the Kobold, listening to the conversation an idle smirk playing her lips. When rhe kobold sniffed at the drink a chuckle escaped she lips, "It'll give you the wobblys."
The male noted the tail of the female. Perhaps it hadn't crossed his mind to pay attention. None the less, he'd remain, specifically interested in this Elf Pyrate and how he carried himself, and his interaction with the King. He lifted the Tankard to his lips, allowing the contents to dribble within his mouth, and down his throat. His pale skin that encased his layer of muscle tensed as he swallowed, squinting some, before leaning back in his seat, watching for now.

Dokliguk looks around. "Sorcerer would want to know if they plan things. Not good if they have plans as not big enough to beat army... Kobolds need set traps if they have plans. Traps good, dangerous and let us catch big people off guard." He nods. "Dokliguk not trust big people, any big people but will go if helps... Not want return with no knowledge." He drinks more and shakes his head. "That affect flight, not good for Dokliguk. Dokliguk fly to help escape problem." He looked around a bit. "Need stop before too wobbly to fly." He sniffed at the drink a bit more.

Eled attempted to give the young kobold a camaradic few taps on his shoulder. The pirate was shrewd. His one good eye had returned to the Kobold once in a while to look him in the eyes - but other than that had remained glued to the male off to the side. Even so, his posture and body language showed full attention to Dokliguk. "Aye, then we 'ave ern accord. Yeh see, I beh lookin fer a lookout who's worth er damn. I think yeh'd be perfect fer ther job. I'll pay yeh in rations erv food. Matter fact, I dunner how yer Sorcerer does it, but would he beh findin' interest in yeh bringin' 7 Gold Pieces er month back to him and keepin' 3 for yerself if I beh payin yeh 10 in total?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tear of the Lion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus