Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Left 4 Dead (Closed)

Jason Heffner (played by baalsparhawk)

Looking at the crossbow in his hands, Jason wonders if its even gonna hurt the sad looking zombie. Never the less, he keeps the crossbow trained at the witch, slowly dropping to his knee to give the others room, incase they all need to "let her have it".

ooc (agaain, dont know if a die role is needed, but heres one anyway)

rolled 1d100 and got 45

Looking at the crossbow in his hands, Jason wonders if its even gonna hurt the sad looking zombie. Never the less, he keeps the crossbow trained at the witch, slowly dropping to his knee to give the others room, incase they all need to "let her have it".

ooc (agaain, dont know if a die role is needed, but heres one anyway)

rolled 1d100 and got 52

Athina Rothbel (played anonymously)

Only moving enough to keep her aim on it, Athina held her breath. She didn't know what it was, but she was certain that it was more than capable of tearing down the cage door if it wanted to. With a little luck the thing would walk right on by, oblivious that anyone with a pulse was nearby.
The Boss (played by Krieg_005)

Slow steps are heard coming from down the large mall hallway. The sound of a claw scraping its way along the wall. When she finally comes into view one of her clawed hands run along the metal shutters while the other hand is being occupied by rubbing her knuckles against one of her eyes... if not for the infection changing her features she'd look like a cute and sleepy woman.

The witch continues on by provided no one makes any loud noises or sudden movements... anyone paying plenty of attention might note her clothes and some remaining human features that she looks familiar. She might not have been someone the survivors knew personally but they had seen her take cover in the mall with a few others a day or so ago.
Brianne Tyler (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

Ghost shuttered and looked at the monster, "I've seen her before. She worked in Purdy's Chocolate." She hefted the metal bat up, testing the weight for a moment, "Maybe we should go out the back. We still have the key, and it won't set off the alarm."

Fear prickled at her chest and she wanted to turn and run, but needed the others. No, she wanted the others with her. This little family of survivors was hers now, and she wasn't going to leave them behind, not like she had been on Day Zero.

((I've made an additional post explaining the rolls a bit better, hopefully it helps :)))
Kin-Ring (played by berserker544)

Kin-Ring didn't say anything until the which was finally a bit away from the gate. even when he did speak, he didn't turn away from where the witch was last seen, "Whatever you guys wanna do is fine..." He said, barely above a whisper "Whatever is fine..."

Jason slings the crossbow on his back and whispers "Don't think we're safe just cause we can't see her. She could still be close by." He eases onto the ground, holding onto his crossbow, so he doesn't make any unneeded noise. "I suggest we wait until we can come up with a concrete plan." He looks at the rest of them, "Unless you guys have any better ideas. I just wanna make it back to Maryland." he pauses "If they're even alive..." he says, more to himself than anyone else.

Athina didn't budge even after the witch had passed, keeping her gun raised at the cage door just in case it came back or something else decided to wander by. "It really don't think sticking around here is a good idea, not with things like that lurking the place." She suggested, sparing the others a glance. "Heading to somewhere a little less populated might be a start, and we could figure out long term plans there."

Ghost wasted no time. She shifted and picked up her backpack, reaching for one of the bags of food and water, dragging it, "Either way, back room." The back room was small, cramped and smelled faintly like bleach. The manager had obsessively cleaned everything in the back room at least once a day. She hadn't been there on the day of the attack, and Ghost could only imagine what had happened to her.

What had happened to all her friends and family. The people she knew and cared or didn't care about, as the case may be.

She went to the corner she had set up with clothing pulled from boxes and tossed her bat down into the little nest. She was itching to use her key and go outside. Even just to look. She figured that it might be better knowing what it looked like out there.

"Who has the key?" She questioned the others. When she had left, through the ceiling tile, she had just dropped it on the ground, figuring they could use it more than her.

Kin dug into his pocket and pulled it out. "Had to use it to open the gate. "You want it back?" He asked putting it in his palm and offering it to her.

"Don't you guys think we should come up with a plan first?" He asks, almost like planning should be common knowledge. "I've seen this movie hundreds of times. Everyone gets antsy, wants to move out, to find a 'Less Populated Area' and THEN plan." He looks at Athina as he makes that last comment. "And then, someone winds up getting killed all because they wanted to rush and not take proper measures." He sighs and sits down slowly, cradling his crossbow. "Look, I'm sorry. I know I'm probably coming off as a major dick head. But I've got a wife and baby girl back in the states, and I don't know if they're ok or not. I can't stand the thought of..." his voice trails off. "Look" he says with tears welling up in his eyes and swallowing the frog in his throat, "I just wanna make it outta here alive." He sighs and looks at the wall, as if it can provide him with all the answers he needs.

"You watch too many movies." She told Jason. "It's not like that in real life. Being a little reckless might have put me at risk before, sure, but I know it's saved my life at least once too, when sticking to one place would have been fatal even if I didn't know it at the time. If we sit in one place too long, these things could surround us to the point where we couldn't leave if we wanted to. What would we do then? Starve or be eaten." She stopped herself and shook her head, realizing she might be coming across as bossy and rude.

"Sorry." She said in a softer tone, giving Jason a pat on the shoulder. "I wasn't saying we rush blindly out, guns blazing either. That's a surefire way to get killed and we all want to get back to the people we care about. I could scout ahead first, see if I can spot a gap in the horde to slip through. I've been in hairy situations before, so I should be alright. Though it was usually gang members or such I was evading, I'm pretty sure zombies have just as much intelligence and fewer firearms, if not numbers."

Ghost laughed at Athina's comment, holding the key in her palm, "As for plans... The university is near by." She ran her hand over her hair, reaching for a new hair tie off of her wrist, twisting it into the short bit of hair.

"Maybe we can get answers there." She looked up at Jason, "How that?" She began to dig through magazines on the table, pulling a ratty looking phone book, "I think there's a map in here." She flipped through pages idly, feeling ill now that her panic was gone.

"Well how about a militarily base? Even if they are all dead, we could find weapons there. And if there are people there, they could know more about this....virus?...then anyone." Kin said sitting down behind the desk and put his feet on the desk. "But like I just said like...3 times? whatever you guys wanna do I'm cool with." Kin-Ring wasn't too worried about his family. His dad and brother were both hunters, and they lived in a town thats about 300 people...

"Im just stressing precaution." He says while staring blankly at the wall/ He shakes his head slowly, snapping out of a daze. He turns and smiles to Athina. He chuckles. "You guys should smile, makes you feel normal again." He glances in the direction of the cage. "Alright, you got me. But still, if we're gonna do this we need to do it right. I dont want any of you to die. What exactly do you know about these zombies? Once we get our intelligence base down, it would be easier to form an exit strategy from there." He gives everyone a glance, hoping that his idea is a good one. 'Either way it goes, we're probably gonna die. Might as well make em work for there lunch.' He thinks to himself

"A university sounds like a decent place to start, at least it's some kind of solid goal if it's not too far." Athina said, looking from Ghost to Ring. "I don't know about military bases around here. Of course, I don't know the area either. I'm in the same boat as Jason, stuck here after coming up from the states. This place is a far cry from Chicago."

Thinking about Jason's question for a moment, she frowned. Her information about the things were a lot weaker than she was used to. Normally she had plenty of time to gather intel before getting dropped into situations like these. "I know to aim for the head." She stated, grinning and almost laughing at herself for giving an answer anyone that's seen a zombie flick would know.

Ghost shook her head, "Nearest base is Edmonton. That's north of here. Some of my friend's dads work there." She smiled some, coming across the the map finally, "Here we go." She pointed to where they were, "It's just a few blocks away to get to the school and then a short jaunt to the hospital, if we want to head that way?"
anc5y9.png

Kin looked at the map. "Why is everything called red deer?" He asked shaking his head. "Well, I don't really care about the school, but the hospital may have some stuff we can use...though in every horror movie with a hospital something goes wrong..." He said giving off a small nervous laugh

"Well, that seems like a long "jaunt" to me." Jason says. "And I have to agree with Kin on this one. I just have a problem with the hospital. Where did all the people go before they turned?" He doesn't feel the need to finish the sentence, because its blatantly obvious. "Maybe we should find a military surplus store? That way, we can have weapons and ammo for the next step in our 'moving'." He looks at the rest of the group, seeing if they have anything to add.

Athina frowned at the map. She was more for going south, mildly surprised Jason hadn't said something about that since he seemed more keen on getting home than she did. Still, if there was a military base north, maybe they'd find some reliable transportation.

"I'm inclined to agree with those two. A hospital might have a lot of medical supplies, but it'll probably have just as many infected. The college should have an infirmary we can check for that sort of stuff." Considering for a moment, she pointed to the top of the map. "How about instead of the hospital, we try this storage facility? People put all kinds of things into those. There's no telling what we'll find, but it would probably be safer. I have heard of gun runners using those for storage, so that's a possibility, though I kind of doubt people like that would be in a town like this."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Left 4 Dead (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus