Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Left 4 Dead (Closed)

Jason Heffner (played by baalsparhawk)

"I'm just saying, hunting stores dont have the word "tire" in the store name in America." He sighs and nods a thanks to Kin. He gestures to Ghost to continue. "Youre the map here, you lead the way." He continues to scann the area.

rolled 1d100 and got 45

Looking around, he spots a bag in a car. "Hey, im gonna go check something out." Walking slowly and scanning the area, he reaches the car. Aiming his crossbow at the car, incase he has any unwelcome guests, he scanns the car interior. "Empty." He says to himself. He notices the window of the rear left window is open, and bloody. "Someone was in a hurry." A smirl plays upon his lips. He grabs the bag and looks inside. "Jackpot!" He smiles and walks back to the others. "Can you guys say 'Lucky Day'?" he opens the bag so the others can see the contents of the bag.

IN THAT BAG!!!
2 bags of jerky
3 bottles of water
1 box of cereal
1 flask of rum

OOC (sorry for the delay with the edit... my intertoobs died.)

rolled 1d100 and got 6

Athina Rothbel (played anonymously)

Athina nodded at Ghost's explanation of what the store they were headed to actually was. "In that case, we might want to see if we can find a lantern, flashlight or candles there too. Something for light. I wouldn't want to be caught by zombies in the dark, it'd be too hard to aim."

Waiting for Jason when he ran off, she kept an eye on the direction opposite of the one he went, expecting Ghost and Ring to watch him. A brief shadow near two cars that had smashed together nearby caught her attention. Unsure if it was a regular zombie, big trouble or her eyes playing tricks on her, she raised her pistol and moved toward it to investigate. She hadn't gotten three steps before something crunched loudly underfoot.

rolled 1d100 and got 69

She winced from the sound and swore as the Boomer that had been behind the ruined vehicles rushed out. "Incoming!" Athina shouted, turning and running like mad until she passed Ring. He looked to be more suited to the up-close and personal thing, after all.

rolled 1d100 and got 54

Sliding to a stop just beyond Kin-Ring, Athina turned and leveled her gun at the oncoming Boomer, squeezing off a single shot.

(Aim 7, Com 8, Pistol - Body 41-90, Head 91+)

The bullet flew wide of the Boomer, probably coming closer to entering Kin-Ring's head than any part of the zombie.

rolled 1d100 and got 22

The Boss (played by Krieg_005)

The Boomer, unperturbed by the bullet that whizzed passed its head inhaled before vomiting forth a vile stream of green bile which coats Ghost from head to toe. The stench of the infected's sick is nauseating and quite pungent... which is precisely what keys the horde off that dinner is served.

The survivors can hear them scrabbling over pavement on their way to turn Ghost into a human happy-meal but it has not yet arrived...

... the Boomer in the meanwhile, its bile supply exhausted, attempts to run off and hide from any reprisals.

(Survivors may make one post before the horde arrives and the Boomer is still viable target... for the moment. Ghost takes a 20 Point penalty to Aim and 10 Points to Brawl for 2 posts)

rolled 1d100 and got 21

Brianne Tyler (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

"Aww! Disgusting!" Ghost tried to wipe the gunk out of her eyes, just made it worse. She coughed, feeling like she might vomit. Since she didn't have a gun, she didn't exactly feel like taking off after the Boomer to get vomited on, instead she fumbled with her pipe bomb to get it ready. She had rigged up a flashing beeper while she had been alone in the store, realizing that sound and light attracted the horde.
Kin-Ring (played by berserker544)

Kin-Ring reacted quickly "You two, get her out of here!" he said taking off after the boomer.

(Listen guys, I won't be able to Rp as much. My time will be seriously cut down. So I think it's best if Kin just dies...)

Grinding his teeth together, Jason runs towards Ghost. "You heard him Ath, help me get Ghost!" He roars at Ath. "Common Ghost, take my hand and we'll get out of this." Hoping to find a fire escape ladder or something high to climb up on, Jason frantically scans the area. "Ath, can you see a way to get on top of something tall?" 'Gotta hurry, gotta f**king hurry' is all he can think right now.

Athina swore, looking around frantically. Climb on something he says... there's not exactly apartment buildings around here. The biggest building I even see is- Her eyes stopped on the building across and just a short sprint down the street from where the Boomer had come from. Going inside might limit the directions they could run, but it did the same to directions they could get attacked from.

"Jason, Ghost, this way!" She shouted, running toward the Holiday Inn and moving her pistol to her left hand. There wasn't any door on that side of the building, but there were a few windows large enough to get through. Pulling the tire iron out of her bag, she pitched it at the window she'd been running toward, smashing the glass to pieces and pulling down the curtain on the other side when the weapon snagged on it.

Switching her pistol back to her right hand, she aimed inside and took a quick look in the room. It seemed clear for the moment, but anything inside could have heard the crash. Stepping aside so the other two would have a clear line to the opening, she turned and raised her gun, ready to try and cover them before they got through if they needed it.

The Boomer continues running, Kin in pursuit, and the horde... well it wasn't much of one as it turned out. For all the scrabbling over fences it turned out that it was only a pair of over-enthused and starving infected who had managed to be within the radius of the Boomer's scent marking.

They ran, howling, following the scent towards Ghost... and willing to go through any obstacle in the way.

rolled 2d8 and got 2

Ghost tossed the pipe bomb. She couldn't see where she was tossing it, and was completely unaware of the fact that she had thrown it towards Kin-Ring. She held Jason's hand, comforted by the warmth it provided. Slowly her vision was clearing as the goo melted off of her and was washed out by her tears. Her nose was watering and she felt ill, listening for the blast.

((there, I hope that's okay to have as your out point, if you'd like, Berserker))

Jason grabs Ghosts hand and took off to the Inn. "Common Ghost, well make it." He turns around to see where she threw the pipe bomb... and it was right towards KIN-RING! "Shit!" 'Damn, how am I gonna tell her what happened to Kin?' Jason thinks to themselves. Jason, almost dragging Ghost, made it into the hotel. "Sorry about dragging you like that Ghost, I just wanted to make sure that you got here safe." He apologizes to Ghost and goes over to Athina. "Did you see what happened to Kin?" He whispers to Athina. Turning around and saw the two Zombies beating at the pipe bomb. 'Yeah, you do that.' He thinks to himself.

Athina lowered her gun after seeing the turnout. "Well, guess I was panicking for nothing." She commented to herself as Ghost and Jason went into the hotel. She quickly followed them inside and carefully pulled up the fallen curtain, avoiding the broken glass as she retrieved her tire iron.

Sliding it back into place in her bag, he raised an eyebrow at Jason. "I saw him run off, but he should be okay. A spent Boomer and couple of zombies shouldn't be too hard for someone like him."

Ghost rubbed desperately at her eyes, getting the last of the goo out of them, "Should we wait for him?" She bit her lip, going to the window, thinking maybe she had wasted her bomb on that tiny group. It was barely worth the effort of throwing it.

She looked at Jason, trying to read his expression.

"I hope you're right Ath." He looks at her with an expression full of doubt. "I don't think he'd want us to wait here Ghost. He'd want us, and I'm sure you two more, to be safe. He was a firefighter, safety was his job." 'I wonder if he had kids?' Jason thinks to himself, feeling sadness sweep over him, he swallows and looks around. "Maybe we oughta check out this hotel, we might find stuff here. And, it wouldn't be a good thing to have a bunch of zombies trailing us to wherever we need to go." He looks around to see if he can find anything.

rolled 1d100 and got 71

"Figures he ran off with the only first aid kit we had." Athina commented mostly to herself, going over to one of the two doors in the room and opening it a crack. It led to a bathroom, thankfully zombie-free. Going inside and giving it a quick search, she didn't spot anything very useful.

Grabbing a towel, she went back to the main room and offered it to Ghost, glancing out the broken window. "Let's just work our way through here and get to that tire place. We'll probably find better stuff there, if it hasn't been looted clean already."

A screech notifies Jason and the rest of the group of the Hunters presence. "HUNTER!" Jason notifies the group.

(1-4 miss, 5-6 hit but no kill, 7-10 kill)

rolled 1d100 and got 28

Jason Heffner wrote:
A screech notifies Jason and the rest of the group of the Hunters presence. "HUNTER!" Jason notifies the group.

(1-4 miss, 5-6 hit but no kill, 7-10 kill)

Jason levels the crossbow at the hunter and fires a bolt. The Hunter jumps out of the way, avoiding the bolt. "Shit." Jason loads another bolt and looks for the Hunter again.

rolled 1d10 and got 3

The Hunter screeches with fury as it launches itself into the air with its powerful hindlegs intent on the man who had attempted to skewer it with a crossbow bolt... but instead misses, flying through the smashed window and skittering over the carpet at its unexpected landing. It now is on its hands and knees in the middle of the room, growling, and preparing to make someone's day miserable.

rolled 1d100 and got 4

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Left 4 Dead (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus