Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Left 4 Dead (Closed)

Brianne Tyler (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

Ghost nodded, "Guys, what do you think?" She rubbed her eyes, feeling anxious again. She looked around the back room, seeing familiar fixtures and stock. Seeing the familiar computer. She wished they still had internet access. She desperately wanted to check her email, and the news.

Ripping the map out of the phone book she laughed to herself, wishing for a news paper.
Kin-Ring (played by berserker544)

"I vote for the army surplus and base. I don't really care about the school, and the hospital sounds like a death trap. But I'm with you guys no matter what so whatever, so go ahead." Kin said walking to a chair and sitting back, with the axe on his lap. "Whatever you want."
Jason Heffner (played by baalsparhawk)

"Ok, that's one. Athina, Brianne? How 'bout you two?" He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a pack of cigarettes "Might as well, don't know when I'll be able to again." he says to himself. "How bad was the looting up here do you think?" He asks, looking in Briannes directions/
Athina Rothbel (played anonymously)

Ring makes it sound so easy. Athina thought, wondering if he even considered that they were going on foot, through who-knows-how-many zombies and that the base was probably over a day's trek away. Not to mention there being no solid proof of there even being an army surplus store in the area. They'd have to find more than just those stops along the way if they were going to last.

"I'm all for the base and store, and the college does seem a little out of the way, but we should keep an eye out for other places too. Loot a house or something if nothing else." She said, adjusting the tire iron sticking out of her bag to make sure it was in easy reach if they got swarmed after going outside. "Really though, you probably know the area best, Brianne. So I'll just follow you for now."

Ghost growled at them, "Don't call me that. Call me Ghost!" She struggled with the name-tag on her shirt, pulling it off and stepping on it. The hard plastic cracked, "I can take you by my house, but getting to Edmonton normally takes almost two hours in a car. I don't even know how we'd find shelter on the way there. High ways are a bitch." She crossed her arms, hefting up her backpack, pausing for a moment, "No army surplus that I can think of in the area, but there is a Canadian Tire. We can find some junk there for you guys."

Kin-Ring was still in his chair, leaning back. "They sell guns and ammo there and some tools you can use as a weapon. Axes, hammers, and the like." He said out loud, he leaned his head back and closed his eyes

"Goddamn Canadians." Jason mutters to himself. "And sorry, i should have looked into that nametags fine-print. My bad." He puts his hands up in mock surrender. "Ok, how far is your house from here? We could fortify there and then think up some long term plans. But before we get there, I think we should look into that shop or whatever Ring was talking about." Jason has just about run out of patience here. He puts a cigarette in his mouth, lights it, breathes deep, and sighs, letting all the smoke out.

Athina smirked at Brianne's outburst, finding it funny. Once everything had gone to hell, Athina dropped her nicknames and aliases without a second thought. Brianne's reaction made her think the kid wanted nothing to do with her old name. Well, I suppose if you're going to change your name, now's as good a time as any to do it.

"Right, sorry Ghost." She said, not bothering to hide the amusement in her voice. "First stop, Canadian Tire then?"

Ghost hefted the key in her hand, as though it held more weight than it did. She pushed it into the lock, listening to the teeth running against the metal, "Everyone ready? we're going West... Left." She turned the key, but didn't push the door yet, looking over her shoulder at them, shrugging her shoulders to get her bag on more comfortably.

Kin-Ring sat up, then rocked his body into a standing position. He cradled his axe in his arm then drew the shotgun, placing it in his left hand, and then putting his axe in his right hand. "Ready when you guys are. I can't run fast, and my weapon is close range, so I'll stay in the back and do my best to keep up..." he said a little scared

Taking another puff of his cigarette, and pulls his crossbow out. "West it is then." He gets by the door with Ghost so he can shoot anything that may come through the door. "That's fine. Ghost can take the lead, followed by me, then Ath, then you. Call me old fashion, but that way, it keeps the women safe." He chuckles to himself, wondering why he even needs to act like that anymore. 'Ahh well, might as well try to maintain my humanity.' He thinks to himself. "Any last minuet ideas before we do this?" He asks the group, taking another puff.

"I can take care of myself well enough, but I'll be happy to use you as a human shield if you're that willing." Athina said jokingly to Jason, moving into position behind him and grasping her pistol in both hands. Taking a couple deep breathes to calm herself since she was starting to feel tension at the thought of having to fight through the things, she nodded stiffly at Ghost. "Ready anytime."

Ghost mumbled under her breath, and opened the door, looking at the sky. It was still early evening and in the distance she could see the sun preparing to set. The parking lot looked surprisingly clean and she stepped out, almost laughing. She looked back at the others, grinning, but it looked off. It was hard for her to fake happiness in this sort of environment, but a clear start was a good start.

rolled 1d100 and got 16

As she turned, Ghost spotted an open car, inside she could see something faintly familiar. She stepped closer, "Ha! A first aid kit!" She reached in to grab it, taking a quick look to see if there was a former occupant who just didn't want to leave lingering in the back seat.

Not seeing one, she pulled out the pack and readied her baseball bat, "Anyone got room in their packs for this?"

rolled 1d100 and got 43

Kin rose his hand. "I don't have anything in my pack..." He said walking over to her and turning his back to her, letting her put it in for him. Faster that way...he sounded kinda embarrassed, not having anything besides what he wore, weapons, and the pack

"How bout that?" Jason says aloud, while scanning the area. "Hey, do you think French zombies aren't as violent as normal Zombies?" he asks. Jason, in a suprisingly good mood, offers a chuckle. "Not a bad start huh? And im sure you're more than capable of taking care of yourself Ath, I just dont want you getting hurt ok." He looks at her, seeing a brief flash of his wife, or, ex-wife, as things are looking. "You know, you look like... ah, never mind. Lets keep moving, I dont wanna get caught in the open." He hefts his crossbow and looks around again. "I didnt think of this before, but is there a hunting shop around, that may have some weapons in it too." He asks Ghost.

Athina arched an eyebrow at Jason after what he'd said, but decided not to press it. At least not until they were somewhere relatively safe again. Her eyes scanned the area as Ghost and Ring secured the first aid kit, looking for anything helpful or dangerous.

rolled 1d100 and got 40

Her eyes stopped on something laying on the ground underneath the car Ghost had dug the first aid kit out of and Athina went over to it, crouching down and pulling out what she had spotted. It looked like something useful for making an explosive surprise for an unwary zombie. "Bombs away." She murmured, stuffing the components into her bag next to the tire iron, bottle of water and couple pieces of string cheese sitting in it.

rolled 1d100 and got 66

As Ghost unzipped the bag quickly, she kept scanning the area. It seemed like something bad was going to happen, but that was just her general uneasiness. She smiled when Athina spotted the bomb components. There was something familiar to her. Later, when things were calm, she'd put it together and add to their arsenal.

One was never enough.

"Jason, Canadian Tire is a hunting store. Well, it's a pretty broad store, but camping gear, hunting crap, candy sometimes. We'll find useful things there. I know I need a gun pretty bad, this baseball bat isn't going to do me any good in the long run."

"Be easy on him, he's American." Kin-Ring said teasing Jason. "Don't worry about it too much, I'm not used to this area too much myself." he said then once feeling the weight in the bag, he looked around then said "Okay, let's get going."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Left 4 Dead (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus