Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Once Upon a Time (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Roland (played by DannyShadow)

where hope and love are the main themes,

and the worst curses.

________________________________________________________________________________
The basis of this role-play is an alternative universe from the show:

therefore - anything goes.

The characters are the same - as is the setting. The time period will be right

before season 1 would have begun.

And remember: Magic always comes at a price.
Ryan Marlow (played by DannyShadow) Topic Starter

WE WANT YOU!!!!
uncle-sam-we-want-you.jpg

To Join our Once Upon a Time Roleplay.

😅
Rumplestiltskin (played by DannyShadow) Topic Starter

This little town is based on ABC'S Hit Show:Once Upon a Time.

Plot Synopsis

The series takes place in the fictional seaside town of Storybrooke, Maine, in which the residents are actually characters from various fairy tales and other stories that were transported to the "real world" town and robbed of their original memories by the Evil Queen Regina (Lana Parrilla), using a powerful curse obtained from Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle). The residents of Storybrooke, where Regina is mayor, have lived an unchanging existence for 28 years, unaware of their own lack of aging. The town's only hope lies with a bail-bonds person named Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), the daughter of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), who was transported from the Enchanted Forest to our world via a magic wardrobe as an infant before she could be cursed. As such, she is the only person who can break the curse and restore the characters' lost memories. She is aided by her son, Henry (Jared S. Gilmore), with whom she has recently reunited after giving him up for adoption upon his birth, and his Once Upon a Time book of fairy tales that holds the key to breaking the curse. Henry is also the adopted son of Regina, providing a source of both conflict and common interest between the two women.

Episodes usually have one segment that details the characters' past lives that, when serialized, adds a piece to the puzzle about the characters and their connection to the events that preceded the curse and its consequences. The other, set in the present day, follows a similar pattern with a different outcome but also offers similar insights.

What We're looking for

We are looking for Active Roleplayers.

YESwe expect a post within 2 days of it being your turn to post
YESwe understand real life comes first - within due reason. Tragedy takes some time. We get it. And vacations take a little time too, we get it! Increased hours at work? We get it. But that said, we also know that 2 posts a week should take no longer than a half hour to an hour at a bare minimum. There are 168 hours in a week. You should be sleeping 8 hours a day= 56 hours. Even if you work crazy hours, let's say 70, then you are now = 126 hours. Even with another 40 hours of you doing whatever it is you want to or need to do - I always find it a little difficult to imagine someone can't commit to 2 posts a week. So
YES if you are an active Roleplayer who can commit to two posts a week that take on average a half hour - then we want you!!

We are looking for imaginative writers who respect the rules of roleplaying.

We are looking for as many roleplayers as possible to fill our universe and give it richness and diversity!
F.A.Q.
Q: When is your RP going to take place in the series?
A: Our RP starts before Henry's 11th birthday: All the fairy tale creatures are still cursed. Currently we have caught up to the pilot episode's timeline - but already things are very different!

Q: Do I need to have watched the series in order to take part in the roleplay?
A: We encourage all of our Roleplayers to watch the series as it is an incredible and worth-while award winning television show. Most of us are fans. That said, pop on Netflix and watch the first couple episodes and you should get a fairly good handle on what's going on. Questions on the universe and how stuff works as well as lore is as easy as wikipedia. And since our timeline is running parallel to the beginning of the show - you don't need to know everything that happens on their timeline.

Q: Can I play an original character?
A: Yes, both Original Characters as well as the show's plethora of main characters are welcome. But be ready to put in the work. Original character's should be a modified version of either a fairy tale or some other work. That requires some creativity (Which we love!)

Q: I don't think my character will fit in, he/she is not Disney?
A: It is a common misconception that Once Upon a Time is Disney only. But it is actually a mash series of almost all imagination and literature. The show currently has used for some of its inspiration lots of Disney. However, they have also included such places and characters as:

Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" who lives in the Land Without Color.
"The Wizard of Oz" by Frank Baum
"Alice in Wonderland" Disney, yes, but originally written by Lewis Carroll.

Also please remember, many of Disney's movies are themselves based in Fairy Tale. This is why such things intersect.

As a final note, it is truthfully a silly worry. All popular science fiction and fantasy borrow from myths, legends, and fairy tales. See: Magic Cards, Any vampire story, All Final Fantasy Game Series, etc. So if you worry about that, worry about playing Dungeons & Dragons or white wolf, the most popular Roleplaying Table Top Games. They borrow from so many sources it would make one's head spin!

Now we want to ask you a question: What are you waiting for?
Henry Daniel Mills (played by DannyShadow) Topic Starter

* = character has been taken
& = character has been taken and modified.
^ = character is open

Storybrooke/Earth

*Emma Swan
*Snow White / Mary Margaret Blanchard
*Evil Queen / Regina Mills
^Prince Charming/David Nolan
*Henry Mills
*Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold
^Jiminy Cricket/Dr. Archie Hopper
^Huntsman/Sheriff Graham Humbert
*Pinocchio/August Wayne Booth
^Red Riding Hood/Ruby Lucas
*Belle/Lacey French
^Baelfire/Neal Cassidy
^Robin Hood
^Reul Ghorm/Mother Superior
7 Dwarves
^Dreamy-grumpy/Leroy
^Sneezy/Tom Clark
^Doc
^Sleepy/Walter
^Bashful
^Happy
^Dopey
^Granny/Widow Lucas
^Lily Page
^Cruella De Vil
^Repunzel
^Bo Peep
^Geppetto/Marco
^Maleficent
^The Snow Queen/Ingrid
^Ursula, the Sea Witch
^Mad Hatter/Jefferson
^Cinderella/Ashley Boyd
^Princess Abigail/ Kathryn Nolan
In Wonderland/Enchanted Forest/Camelot/ Neverland/ etc.
^Will Scarlet/Knave of Hearts
^Zelena/Wicked Witch of the West
^Merlin (Currently a tree)
^Malcolm/Pan
^Queen Merida
^Tinkerbell
^Wendy Darling
^ Black Beard
^King Arthur
^Mulan
^Dr. Victor Frankenstein
^Ariel/ The Little Mermaid
^Captain Hook/Killian Jones
^Felix
NaoPocky

sorry :/

Absolutely! Go ahead to the group link and apply. We would love to have you, NaoPocky! It is under the section: Members
Allestrina Dragonbane (played by DannyShadow) Topic Starter

((Bump))
NaoPocky

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Absolutely! Go ahead to the group link and apply. We would love to have you, NaoPocky! It is under the section: Members

Think I am going to change my mind. I have such a heartache. I feel like making a new character will distract me from my fursona. I think I am going to take down Ariel and keep working on Nao - my fursona ^^ thank you though for the thought :3

Absolutely! Thank you for considering us.
Henry Daniel Mills (played by DannyShadow) Topic Starter

Bump
AWrinkleInTime

Hello! I love Once Upon and Time and would love to join your group! I was thinking of playing Esmeralda from the hunch Back of notre dame, or an original character and would love to explain how they got to storybrooke! :]
Regina Mills (played anonymously)

Please come join us! We are active in our group and cant wait for others to joing us!
Hey, this sounds interesting. I have watched about the first 20 something episodes before I knew about this rp. Enough to know about when they talk about Mulan. So Jefferson/Mad Hatter sounds good, or even Pinocchio/August.
Regina Mills (played anonymously)

Blade please feel free to mesaage Roland or myself to talk about what you wanna do and join the group :)
Okay.

((Bump))
Danny Shadow (played by DannyShadow) Topic Starter

Quick update: Pinnochio has been taken by Blade. Awrinkleintime - please message me. You've been accepted to the group but I haven't heard from you :)
ashley_grace

For Once Upon a Time Roleplayers, there is an open thread in Granny's for any character that wants to just stop by and have a chat...
Blair Wynn (played by Maggie)

I just applied....really want to be snow white :D
Danny Shadow (played by DannyShadow) Topic Starter

We could definitely use her :) Go ahead and create her in the similar format template we already have established under 'introductions' in our forum. I will go ahead and accept your application so you can see and get caught up.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Once Upon a Time (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus