Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hiya, folks.

Samster

Don't mind me; just your friendly neighborhood space-dog, come to get a fresh start. I'm hoping to find some friends and fun, like anyone else. Life's been rough and I'd like to fantasize about that which may yet be with some fellow creative minds.

I like people, and I'm an optimist; I like worlds where things aren't so brutal or edgy. I like science and ethics and society, even if there's included some pure fantastic elements. But I'm also confoundingly inconsistent and obnoxiously particular, and I wish to learn how to overcome that.

Roleplay is a passion ingrained deep into my muse, but one I've forgotten how to love. I'm excited to roleplay and excited to orchestrate and facilitate, but the act has lost its luster in my eyes. I'm conflicted, because I want to roleplay, but I'm overcome with dread whenever I have roleplay to do.

And that's part of why I'm here. I hope some of you can show me the light of my childhood, and help bring to my eyes again the same persistent glee I've known only in the distant past.
This is a good site to try and rekindle your love for RPing~ The community is friendly and helpful, open and cheery
Welcome to the site, ask away if anything bothers you and I'm sure it won't take too long until you get it answered~
Samster Topic Starter

Thank you, Reima. I'll be sure to do what I can to become a positive contribution to that atmosphere.
Tfa_96

Hey there, nice to meet you! Welcome to RPR. You've stumbled upon a great community full of very friendly people who have some incredible ideas up their sleeve when it comes to role play. It's nice to get to know a little bit more about you, hopefully I'll see you around!

I hope you enjoy your time here!
Samster Topic Starter

Your gracious welcome is too kind. Please, I would be happy to join in the fun should our interests prove to align down the road.
Ryu

RPR is in desperate need of space dogs. Welcome aboard.
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! We've run into each other on site before, but I'm still glad to get the chance to formally greet you. :)
Quote:
I'm conflicted, because I want to roleplay, but I'm overcome with dread whenever I have roleplay to do.

Do you know where this dread comes from? What about RPing do you dread?
Welcome to RPR! I know a really good RP partner can make all the difference, and there are so many people here with so many different play styles that hopefully you can find someone you match up well with. Hope to see you around the forums and good luck! <3
Welcome to one of the friendliest sites of the internet! This place is great for a fresh start. I learned how to RP on this website and it is filled with many kind and creative people :3
Samster Topic Starter

I feel as if an avalanche of kindness has washed over my heavy morning eyes. Thank you all for your warm welcome; I really needed this.
Kim wrote:
Do you know where this dread comes from? What about RPing do you dread?

That's just it: The dread makes no sense to me. The symptom is laziness, but I don't think that's the root of the problem. I love to enable roleplay for others, and I still enjoy roleplaying in theory, and I have enjoyed the act of roleplaying in the past.

But for some reason when I've finally written that first scene or voiced that first session, the next is a chore. It's not as if I've gotten what I want out of it — there's so much more that I want to do yet — and I hope it's not because I'm so fickle it only takes a day for my muse to die out.

This is something I've fought with for years, now. I enjoyed being a staff member on another big roleplaying forum for most of that time, because I reckoned I could at least spend my enthusiasm making roleplay easier for others if I couldn't enjoy it first-hand, but each time I tried rekindling the flame, I encountered this same issue time and time again.
Hello! Welcome to RPR! There are a lot of friendly people on this site, so you can easily be able to fit in! ^.^ I'm glad you have taken an interest to us!
Samster Topic Starter

I'm glad you have all been so welcoming. I'm hope I will grow to love this community as much as you.
Kim Site Admin

Oh my, I'm not sure at all what to suggest regarding that dread! It sounds like there's some deeper block or aversion behind it, but I can't begin to guess its root.
Samster Topic Starter

Thank you for offering your advice anyways. I hope to find my way back into the light regarding this, and you've given me some support that will certainly help my confidence as I work through this.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hiya, folks.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus