Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A New Dawn

Falderan (played by Dreath)

Driving along the gorgeous and rugged mountain landscapes of the Canadian wilderness two detectives each in their mid twenties took in the vast wonders around them. The windows fogged slightly due to the cold air touching them from the outside. Snow layed along the grass and tree tops adding to the mysterious feel of the area. The man in the passenger seat had a grey shirt and brown coat in. Similar to an old detective from the eighties. He's hair was brown and short sitting brushed back but slightly fizzled. As his friend drove he looked over what looked like a file on his lap. The two detectives were called in by the Washington's to investigate the mountain after numerous horrendous events led to them loosing their children. On the morning of the second of February 2014 the twins, named Hannah and Beth, disappeared on the mountain. After several large scale searches nothing turned up and the Washington's mourned the loss of their daughters and sisters. One year later another incident occurred on the mountain were several friends of the lost girls gathered with their brother. Reports about what happened are hard to believe but the end result was the Washington's lodge located on the mountain burning down, a ranger station collapsing and the other child of the Washington's, Josh Washington, going missing and presumed dead. Once this happened two police officers who went to investigate the mountain went missing. And poor weather conditions prevented anyone getting up. But last week the weather cleared and wanting professionals to find what happened and if so the bodies of their Son and Daughters to be laid to rest the Washington's hired detectives Fal and Traxton to figure it out.

"Seems like a bad place." Fal says looking through the file. "Last year two girls go missing and at this point believed dead. Then the following year after what I have seen is a night of absolute horrors the only other son of the Washington's goes missing. Seems we get all the horror stories." He says with a sigh to his partnered detective. Looking over the file it had the reports of Hannah and Beth going missing as well as reports from the survivors of this years tragedy. From what it says no bodies were recovered within the mountain from initial searches and at most some severely chard biological material was found in the burning wreckage of the lodge. Nothing that could be identified and from what little there was it is believed to be some form of raccoon or similar group of creatures inside the lodge at the time. The car approached the base of the mountain range as a sign was up indicating it as Blackwood Mountain.
"Well hey, on the bright side of things when we become best selling teen authors we have plenty of material to look to for inspiration with all those romance horror novels where the monster sparkles that we're going to inevitably make."Traxton chuckled. They continued on past the sign, and following the road up to a Cable Car station. Traxton parked and got out of the car, waiting on Fal. "Anything else noteworthy happen?"He asked.
Falderan (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"Other then enough messed up events to drive someone to jumping. Nope." Fal says getting out and looking up to the gates. "Seems this place is fairly open." He says wandering in. The snow covered path around with sunlight shining through. The trees were thick and blocked the view but along a path a gate was seen. At the gate was a man. A police officer, about mid thirties. "Seems our contact." Fal says to Traxton as he approaches. The officer looks at them both. "Detectives?" He asks. "Yea that's us. What's the situation?" Fal asks. "Well since the rescue there has been someone on watch at this gate for weeks. To prevent others getting up." He explains. "You two have clearance so you can head up. The cable car is just up this path. Take these." He hands us each a police radio. Small, wireless and hand held it would be good for emergency contact as phone signal was flimsy at best. "That'll be should you need help." Fal nods. "Thank you officer." He says walking through the gates.
"Ok so where's the first place we're gonna be looking through?"Traxton asked.

"Well step one is getting to the area. Which requires taking the cable car." Fal explains pointing to the station ahead. "But when we get up there ideally it would be look at the ruins of the lodge. Seems the most logical." He says as he continues to look around the wilderness.
"Alright. Think any of it's still standing?"Traxton asked. It wasn't long before they got to the cable car. "So wasn't there some kind of psycho up here the night the Washington kid disappeared?"Traxton asked. "I saw some interviews on the news and one of the kids... .uh.... Matt I think wash is name said that there was a psycho up on the mountain with them."Traxton said.

"Well that did correlate. They all reported a 'psycho' up with them. Saying he tortured them and put them through hell. I'm not really sure what happened at all. Could mean there was someone else. But they all seemed to divert to panic or talking about monsters." Fal kicks a rock near his foot. "None of them gave much of an explanation of what happened. So I think this mad man they spoke of fled into the mountains. Or died when the place went up. That seems to be what I gathered. But no one found any signs of him." He explains some more as they reach the station.
"Alright, well, once we get up there stay on guard incase we run into him."Traxton said as he and Fal got into the cable care. After a few minutes the cable car stopped and Fal and Traxton stepped out.

Fal looked at the station and the cart. "Seems stable." He says walking in and sitting down. "Seems like it'll take about a ten minute ride." Fal explains and looks out the window. "Should be automatic."
After a few minutes, the cart activated and moved forward. "Hey wasn't there some wacko that lived up here that was harassing the Washingtons? Think he was involved?"Traxton asked.

"From what I heard it was this 'Psycho' we just spoke of. I heard nothing about him recently so if he was something then I bet he's gone." Fal shrugs as the two walk over to the station and activate the tram.
Traxton was silent for a bit. "Well, that's probably something e should keep our eyes open for. Just in case."Traxton said. The cable car soon came to a stop. The tw ogot out and continued on up the mountain.

"So I did some digging on this mountains history before we came here. Standard curiocity." Fal says as they walk through the bristling trees. "Seems the people here believed in totems which could show you the future. Something else about butterflies that held secret truths to nature." Fal continued to scan the treetops. "Some interesting culture up here."
"Yeah. Sounds kinda silly to me." Traxton said as they walked up the mountain. "Was there anything at all left of the lodge up ahead? If so I can work my magic and that'd definitely be of help." Traxton said.

"From what I saw of the reports the base of the lodge remains. Most debree and the second floor where gone but a fair portion of the lower levels remained. Same with the basement." Fal adds knowing most of it had collapsed after the explosion.
"Well, better than nothing." Traxton said. Soon the ruins of the lodge came into view. As expected it was msotly a pile of charred dust with a few, heavily brunt, pieces of wood sticking out of the rubble. "Ok, so how do we get to the basement..." Traxton asked inspecting the ruins.

Most of the rubble was cleared but the basement was hard to find. The gas explosion melted some of the metal on the lower levels making it hard to access. "It was around the back some." Fal says climbing through what he suspected was once a window.
Traxton followed after Fal. The two walked through the rubble soon coming to the location of the basement entrance. The two had to move some rubble before they could go down to the basement. As Fal had said, the basement had caved in in a few spots, but plenty of it was still standing. There were a number of scratches running along the ground and walls, though Traxton wrote those off as damage from the cave in

"So what do you expect to find here?" Fal asks. The area went down as far as the boiler but after that the area had collapsed with no way in. From the reports they saw that beyond this point was a path into the mines. But being collapsed they couldn't get there from their current location.
Traxton shrugged. "Anything that might hold some kind of energy to see back to." Traxton said. The two looked through the caved in basement. Eventually, Traxton noticed a baseball bat buried in the rubble. "Hey, found something." Traxton said.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A New Dawn

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus