Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Homestuck rp (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

purplepandowdy wrote:
Nice going ace.

everything about that rp was done by the sseat of my pants
I accidentally ended up making a character VERY SIMILAR TO VRISKA COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT
I ACCIDENTALLY'D EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT AND ENDED UP WITH A COMPLETELY COHERENT CHARACTER AND LAND

im da bes
purplepandowdy Topic Starter

Those are impressive improv skills.
purplepandowdy wrote:
Those are impressive improv skills.

yes. sksill.
totally not dumb stupid luck
MrQ

I'll just leave it blank for now. I'll come up with something eventually.

Name: Korvus Vantas
Title: Thief of Space
Dreamer: Derse
Land name: (idk)
Consorts: Snapping Turtle
Planned pre entry prototyping: Rubber Tires
Other info: I HAVE THE flubbing SPADEKIND IN MY flubbing INVENTORY. MY FLUBBING CHAT NAME IS SHOVELDORK
MrQ wrote:
I'll just leave it blank for now. I'll come up with something eventually.

Name: Korvus Vantas
Title: Thief of Space
Dreamer: Derse
Land name: (idk)
Consorts: Snapping Turtle
Planned pre entry prototyping: Rubber Tires
Other info: I HAVE THE flubbing SPADEKIND IN MY flubbing INVENTORY. MY FLUBBING CHAT NAME IS SHOVELDORK

1) forget sssnapping turtles they're assholes
2) in addition to rubber tiress your ssecond tier prototype should be ssomething that is dead because kernelsprites have a propensity towards things sthat are ded and almosts always get prototyped with sosmething ded
ex. nannasprite, sseppucrow, etc.

so rubber tires is 100% fine but you also sshould conider somethin ded for your tier 2 proto
The Rubber Tire (played by MrQ)

1) snapping turtles are fam and bae
2) I'll just steal some dead crows. After all, I did model Korvus' name after Corvus.
kernalsprites might have an attraction towards the dead, but their direct physical choice in the matter is quite low. most things are able to be prototyped, be it dead or not.
Most things yes, but according to this page
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003989
almost every sprite endss up being prototyped with sosmething dead
:D Great catch with that one. :) I mostly go with the more free form choice, because its, more choice.
Homestuck Canon has also shown the same type of imp survive multiple Syladex blows, till being defeated with a sledge hammer head, and then also have it be destroyed by being hit twice with 4 candy corn. :P

also, land based vs prototyping based grist drops should be something we figure out before anything starts. prototyping based has gone great for things so far with what i've been running...

the sessions i've been running are about 90% canon. more diverse monsters, more diverse Denizens, less 'predestination' since we lack real timetravel, (though i do my best to sort things and handle things for any time Players/ users of time that try and do so)...
And along the same incredibly precise lines of it being impossible for us to predestinate, commands coming in from outcasts/survivors who have already seen everything and that then see you, inputting whatever they want to help guide you to the exact way they were, is not a thing that can really happen...

Predestination? Is this roleplay Calvinist now? I'm a bit clueless and got lost somewhere.
Homestuck involves a good chunk of predestination...
Sessions of 'the game' that have been inspired by it, are not.
simply because it can not. we don't need to worry about that here.

Oh ok. I thought I was missing something.
yeah basically almost everything we see in homesstuck happens because of osmething a character did
ex. all the damn bunnies that are actually the ssasme bunny + lil cal being the ssasme lil cal every time we ssee him

So just use something like a rubber tire with some bird poop or something.
it'll probably be easier to figure out once the RP is started up. Everyone will start making choices, and those choices will help shape the game as a whole... plus, at this point, i'm not sure if its been 100% confirmed to be a thing thats happening.
if it is, I can make a spot for it in my Sessions group and start up a proper, 'Offical' information submission so I can start sorting things out.
dave_pod wrote:
it'll probably be easier to figure out once the RP is started up. Everyone will start making choices, and those choices will help shape the game as a whole... plus, at this point, i'm not sure if its been 100% confirmed to be a thing thats happening.
if it is, I can make a spot for it in my Sessions group and start up a proper, 'Offical' information submission so I can start sorting things out.

i would vote you go ahead and do that, purplepandowdy and i are definitely down for it

I third the notion. Let's get this show on the road.
ssomeone thirded the motion but hassn't responded in the actual thing
ssstep up son
where maken this hapen
MrQ

Oh join the group? I'm on it. Sorry.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Homestuck rp (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus