Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Laplace's Function: Magic Highschools RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

First time posting a thread on here so hang on with me. Okay? So. Non-magic users are allowed. Read more
Setting (Important Part):
Laplace's Function is a rp group about two magic institutes on an island. Highschool I assure you. These two highschool are different from one and another. LIT(Laplace Institute of Technology) focuses on magitech: programming magic with computer, engineering, robots, implementing liquid magic and computer science that is related to magic. If you watch anime, a bit similar to Irregular at Magic Highschool. If you don't watch anime, that's fine. Stonewall Academy of Magic would be your general fantasy magic school, specializing "older" stylies of magic like rituals, at will casting, casting without the help of machines, and the such. Due to the distinct difference of these schools, rivarly among students were common, resulting the need for a duel system. Since then, the schools encouraged rivlary against the other school to earn prestige. It also resulted the class rank system.

Rank system is enforced in both school and it depends on how "powerful" you are. Since the ranking system has its own flaws, students may not be "judged" correctly according to themselves. Though officially the class names are just Class 1 and Class 2, the students in Stonewall calls their ranking Celestial and Norm. Students in Laplace Institute calls their ranking Alpha and Asterik. Celestial and Alpha, the high ranks, get more "privileges" in a way and often look down their counter parts the Norm and the Asterik. Bullying and others are somewhat common. Competitions are open to everyone regardless of rank. The rank will show on the side of the uniform.

The rp will be somewhat "open world". As in, the GM have prepared many threads of multiple locations for your character(s) to interact with the world, so even if a person sololy, there is bound things to happen. Club activites and the such, I will still need to arrange those on my free time. Or if you can like, you can make your own club activites, threads, or the such as is appropriate.

Non-important Part:

A recent discovery made by famous Yuzu Kelly and Ryuuya Ruse is liquid magic. Magic in liquid form and is extremely volatile. A certain amount of unrefined liquid magic can blow up a building easily. It is to refine it by adding some elements of anti-magic. Liquid magic comes multiple types such as ice, water, fire, etc. Much of these are marked by their colors. There is a type that is just neutral or jack of all trades, but there is a trade off. Magic equipment uses liquid magic that are stored in special containers in order to be used. Liquid magic's efficiency works best when it fits its own type. For example, a flamethrower magic weapon works best when a fire type liquid magic is loaded. It uses less amount of liquid magic compared to a neutral liquid magic. At the moment liquid magic is somewhat expensive. They are only sold at refined form.

On the subject of magic equipment, there are ones that are made. They come in all forms from weapons to general equipment used in everyday life. The power of each weapon is determined by the skill of the programmer

Dueling System: How this works is the rank emblem will glowed and analyze the person's capabilities, endurance, strength, and other variables. Calculating with these variables it will pop up a magic shield that covers the entire body. In this fight, whatever damage taken will be dealt against the shield. If the shield is down, the person lose. In a way fight each other normally without taking physical damage :P.

Now the important non-lore information:

Your character has to be a student(for now) but everything else is open to creativity, theortically. Non-magic users can only apply at LIT since programming magic just require mere knowledge. You may bring your lore in though you need to consult with me first for a little to see if its capabale. If you are, try not to interefere other roleplayer's lore as well as I want to make this as open as possible to everyone. Supernaturals in consideration. Spirits, without say, are allowed since they are more of a magical entity. Demihumans are fine. Oh right, uh I am still considering on the fact of opness but for now I let it loose and see how it goes....but remember there are consequences! As a reminder this is not fully completed yet. Think of this as a "beta" of sorts and I want to see how many people are interested and devoted before I go full on out.

The RP group is here if you want more information or applying: http://www.rprepository.com/group/group.php?gID=1735&page=3989

So that's that...and pardon my English as I had to learn English and another language at the same time :P. It wasn't fun...well kinda. Hope I didn't miss anything.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Terminal-JS

Hello, I'm actually quite interested in this RP. Although one of my character's is a supernatural, I thought maybe you would allow it? Anthony Doyle, one of my character's is a werewolf. He can control his form, and he has a guardian, also another character of mine, Roy Chamber. He has magic, and he isn't supernatural. I haven't had the time to fill out his magical abilities, but I can explain to you, if then again, I could join.

I will await your response, and thanks in advance.
robinnrose Topic Starter

I will allow it if supernaturals are considered somewhat of a minority. If that doesn't work, I'll see what I can do. So! How does that sound? ^^
Terminal-JS

Yes! Thank you. Anthony is a werewolf, but as I stated, he can control it, so there won't be a ton of it. Is this going to be a one on one?
robinnrose Topic Starter

Could be one on one, could be group rp. The way I set up the RP group allows somewhat of a both...maybe.
Terminal-JS

Sorry for the late replies. Okay that works. So shall we start?
robinnrose Topic Starter

You can start, it's there on the link I posted. It might be a little lonely due to the low number of rpers XD
john-myrick

I love your world and story and I wanted to ask if I could join?
Dot

Hi there.
robinnrose Topic Starter

Hi there! And yes you are welcome to join. Just fill out the form on the rp group and you can start rping.
john-myrick

Hope I get in
john-myrick

I'm playing as my character Eliza by the way the character isn't fully developed yet
robinnrose Topic Starter

As accepted. I need to start adding/making characters for this.
robinnrose Topic Starter

Oh by the way, since I am limited to 10 character slots, I will be using Laplace's Function as multiple characters. Don't worry, I'll denote who is talking....hopefully it wouldn't be too hard.
john-myrick

Is there a certain number of paragraphs each post needs to be?
robinnrose Topic Starter

Nope. I am very lenient on whatever length from one sentence to a paragraph.
robinnrose Topic Starter

Bump: We have three members.
Samantha Ardel (played by ShadowStryker)

Hi! This sounds super cool and right up this character's alley. Sam is surrounded constantly by supernatural and fantasy, although she has no true ability herself, she has an array of amulets and and other such blessed/cursed items, along with quite the social circle in the Fae realm. Would she be acceptable?
Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede)

Interested.
robinnrose Topic Starter

You're all welcome to join and sign up. Please note that two of our members reply by seconds as it can be seen in the posts.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Laplace's Function: Magic Highschools RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus