Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hey there!

Hey! First time in this forum, but I've been RPing for well over a decade, and am looking to meet new partners and spice things up! I work as an animator in NY

I prefer to do story-style RPs with original characters, though I'm fine with doing RPs in pre-existing universes. I tend to stick to contemporary fantasy, and most of my characters are magical in one form or another, but I'm comfortable with altering them to fit different times and places! I'm good for one offs, long terms, nsfw, character building, world building, you name it! Just ask! Happy to finally be here :)
Hello, and welcome to RPR! We're currently celebrating Epic Week! If you want to participate, click here and be sure to click the 'Launch Chat' button for whichever group you decide to help!
Dragonfire Moderator

Hey there, Rachel! Welcome to the RP Repository!

If you haven't seen, we're in the midst of birthday celebrations for the RPR. There's quests and riddles and monsters to bap on the head. You're more than welcome to jump in over at the Events section, if you'd like!

Otherwise, hey, game on with the RP.
HibariHaru

Hello and welcome to RPR! :)
Loren

Hoo, boy, you've joined the site on the most exciting of occasions! We're currently celebrating RPR's sixth year of existence, so a whole bunch of interesting events are being held. (I think a riddle guardian was found on this thread so we've got to thank you for that, haha XD)

An animator? That's pretty neat! :D How long have you been working as one?
racheldoodle Topic Starter

Loren wrote:
Hoo, boy, you've joined the site on the most exciting of occasions! We're currently celebrating RPR's sixth year of existence, so a whole bunch of interesting events are being held. (I think a riddle guardian was found on this thread so we've got to thank you for that, haha XD)

An animator? That's pretty neat! :D How long have you been working as one?

Oh man! I have no idea how to participate in battle-style rp stuff, but glad this thread was useful! ahahaha.

I've been working as an animator for 6 years now - the last 4 have been with a company doing stuff for TV
Loren

It's not an actual battle roleplay - I'm useless in that area, too! You should check this out, it's pretty sweet. ^_^

Ooh that's super cool. What sort of stuff?

Also, I'd recommend you taking a look into the Just Talking thread! It's a neat lil' way to introduce yourself to the community, and it's got a lot of helpful people if you've got any questions, too! (Just click the Launch as Chat button to, well, launch it as chat.)

Loren wrote:
It's not an actual battle roleplay - I'm useless in that area, too! You should check this out, it's pretty sweet. ^_^

Ooh that's super cool. What sort of stuff?

Also, I'd recommend you taking a look into the Just Talking thread! It's a neat lil' way to introduce yourself to the community, and it's got a lot of helpful people if you've got any questions, too! (Just click the Launch as Chat button to, well, launch it as chat.)

Superjail, China IL, TMNT, Doctor Puppet, and a bunch of others :)
Loren

Oho you work for adult swim? That's pretty awesome.
Welcome to RPR! Awesome job you have! Hope you join us for the epic week festivities! ^_^
Welcome to RPR! Glad you made it :) Can't wait to stalk all your characters/art XD
Heya! Welcome to Rpr :) All I can say is oh wow at your career. That's pretty sweet! Anyways, welcome again I'm sure you'll love it here.
Kim Site Admin

That is so cool! :D Welcome to the site. Do you have any questions so far that we can help you with? :)
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site! Your job sounds super hard but also very awesome!! I hope you'll enjoy yourself here, and if you like riddling then you can join us trying to solve puzzles. ;)
An animator? You're living my dream! Any advice for a fellow animator in training? And that's pretty wicked sweet that you're working for Adult Swim!

Anyway, sweet to meet you! I'm Lotus, but you can call me Light! Welcome to RPR, and I hope you enjoy it here!
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!!!!

LightSide-Lotus wrote:
An animator? You're living my dream! Any advice for a fellow animator in training? And that's pretty wicked sweet that you're working for Adult Swim!

Anyway, sweet to meet you! I'm Lotus, but you can call me Light! Welcome to RPR, and I hope you enjoy it here!

Hi Light! Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Hahaha its...more of a job than a dream, but it can be fun! I would say my advice to you would be to seek out internships, visit studios, and make professional contacts. Animators are mostly all nerds and recluses, but are extremely friendly. Its a team sport, so we like to help other people out. And in the internet age its kind of hard not to make friends!

Also figure drawing. Figure draw your heart out. There are a ton of online figure drawing tools if you don't have access to classes or art centers, to boot!
hey ah Know dis person!! She is super cool! :D

Oh mah gah who is dis!? *rabid pointing*

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hey there!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus