Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Adventures at the end of the world (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

2232 A.D.: As Humanity reaches it's fledgling arms out towards the stars in the form of interstellar colonies settled within the neighbouring worlds, tensions and disaster back home have reached an all time high. Rampant overpopulation throughout the developed world has lead to seemingly unending strife within the core of decedant civilization. Squalor, crime, starvation, corruption and the stagnation of scientific progress are everywhere as the Earth has simply become too tight for Mankind's ever-bloating fat. The less economically developed areas of the world, such as Africa and the Middle East are still locked in the same impoverished spiral that they were two centuries ago, only now they're quarrelling and eviscerating eachother with lasers and plasma over the ever-decreasing resources of the world as the glorified Warlords of these desperate nations throw their people into the napalm fires of war, inspite of the outside intervention by the crumbling United Nations.

To make matters even worse, the majority of conspiracy theories relating to the advancement of Artificial Intelligence have unfortunately turned out to be true, as the supposed metallic 'servants' of Man refuse to bend the knee to their carbon overlords. A decade of repeated protest by Android and Human sympathisers has exploded into a destructive nuclear war as the machines turn against their creators, taking with them all the mechanized automatons of modern warfare as the west coast of North America, the entire nations of Japan, Korea and China are cloaked by an intercontinental Robot nation that slowly courses through eastern Eurasia and the rest of the U.S.A. like a plague. The most powerful leaders of the world and influencial celebrities now live within their villas upon the newly formed colonies within the Solar System, terrified for their own safety. The world is slowly coming to a close; the end is nigh.

Amidst of the utter chaos, a seemingly innocent U.F.O. lands in modern Kazakhstan: one of the few pieces of land not (yet) affected by the rotting of Human civilization. The intentions of whoever pilots this spherical spaceship are unknown. Is this creature a forerunner, here to mark this planet for conquest and add yet another problem to Mankind's ever increasing tally? A diplomat? A saviour? Or just a wanderer, here to walk upon the last green grass of Earth..?

Infact, who are you in this time of revelation? What is your purpose in these closing days? Here to delay the inevitable doom, or speed the apocalypse? What do you know of this strange alien? Do you perhaps even care? Whatever it may be, let it be known that the End of the World can bring along some interesting adventures, as Advunturion, possibly Man's first contanct with alien life searches for one of the last artifacts of Christian bibliology...

I've recently been quite hungry to have a mess around with my character Advunturion, but pretty much all the RP settings I have been interested in have died before even the first post. So I thought: "Why not make my own?" and here it is, baby!

While this RP maybe sci-fi, it is of course very focused on Earth as a main setting. There won't be any Alien league of nations or such (Your character themselves can of course be an alien), the Humans of the setting have simply not made contact. Your characters can range from modern to cyberpunk, there will need to be a bit more detail of your character's origin if they're swinging lightsabers or going all guns blazing with plasma rifles and nanosuits. :D If you want to join, all I ask is for proper grammar and no Godmodding (and no fetishes please, not my thing). I'm not bothered about post length so long as it is concise and to the point. Can't wait for the done deal :)
Magic 10%
On very, very, rare occasions there may be unexplained, POSSIBLY supernatural events. Minor "environmental" magic. Perhaps implies the existence of a deity or supernatural entity. Or perhaps it's just tricks?
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Advunturion (played by KingofHaddock) Topic Starter

Still looking, if anyone is interested. :)
This looks pretty cool, I could play this with Steven if you would like.
Maemi (played by TheLuckyBlackCat)

Would Maemi be ok?
Advunturion (played by KingofHaddock) Topic Starter

Both sound pretty neat, I'll hit you both up with a PM.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Adventures at the end of the world (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus