Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » um hi I guess

Okay I'm really shy, but this site seems promising at least. I have several characters that I'd really like to RP with and just haven't known where to go, except for Tumblr where I haven't had much luck except for with one of my OCs. Of course it doesn't help that I'm not very good about actually contacting people, which is very difficult for me to do.

I take it I can't RP as canon characters here, though, given the rule about stuff that's copyrighted.

I do kinda wish I could have more than 10 characters here, but seeing as I don't have a job, I can't afford to spend money on something like this.

Oh yeah, and I found this because I saw someone's character profile on the site, I don't remember who though.

BTW if I have a nude reference image of a character, but it's censored, do I still need to mark it as mature?
Welcome to RPR! I don't know the answer to that last question, but I'd say better safe than sorry. I'm sure someone else reading your message will be able to answer you. Rpr has very friendly members, so finding rp will be easy. I recommend that you look at ads that are already made before you make your own. You just might find something that catches your interest. Also, feel free to join into the fun and games of this week. If you click 'Event!' at the top of the page, it'll take you to the fun.
HibariHaru

Hello, dearie, and welcome to the amazing world of RPR! It's nice to meet you. And canon characters? Well, I guess you can roleplay them since there are a lot of people doing that sort of thing. Just make sure to add a description of where the character came from. And to your last question, just to be safe, yes. You must mark it as mature since there are very young members here in the site. So anyway, I do hope I sorta helped out and please also enjoy your stay. :)

~Hibari <3
Hi there! Welcome to RPR :) You joined at a great time, we're having a site wide event. If you click on the Events! Button you can learn more about it, and there are several contests taking place where you can earn things like extra character slots. The RPR costs money to keep running, which is the reason people that can are able to purchase things to help out. You can also play cannon characters if you want to, there isn't a rule against that. As for the image, I'd have to see it to be able to tell you what would need to be marked :)
What everyone else said about all of your questions above. But it's really nice to meet you! I'm Lotus, but you can call me Light!

If you need any other advice or tips, just ask us or use our Help Section! I hope you enjoy it here!
Hello, and welcome to RPR! Don't worry, you can RP as canon characters! I am one of the people who do, and I am fine! Just credit wherever the character is from!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! You actually joined at a fantastic time to expand your account for freeeee. We are celebrating our 6th birthday, and have a whole bunch of contests going on in which you can earn sweet prizes, some of which include extra character slots. Others might be RL goodies or other account upgrades. :)

Check out the list of contests on this page (toward the middle/bottom): http://www.rprepository.com/community/newspost.php?post=439

Also, most of the time, censored images are okay. Sometimes we'll still mark them if they were censored, with, say lips -- since that implies something even more "serious" than just plain ol' nudity. If you're really concerned, you can show the image to a mod to get their feedback? :)
Welcome! I was about to mention the contests, but Kim already did! Instead, I'll just say that your chances of getting something out of at least one of them are actually pretty good, especially if you enter more than one.

As for copywritten characters... we do have individual takes on a number of them floating around the site. It's one of those things that usually won't really be a problem since big publishers tend to overlook simple RPers, but if ever one were to complain, Kim would legally be required to take it down (so you'd run the small risk of randomly losing it at any point).

Anyway, we're a pretty friendly community, as you've probably already noticed! This is one place where I don't think anyone would regret just diving in. (I did, despite my own shyness, and I'm glad I did!)
Hello! Welcome to RPR :) I hope you'll have fun here.

I have a potential solution for your regarding adding extra characters - some people list their simpler characters up to five in one character slot - like this: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=18541 .
Relaaaaaaaax! We're laid back here so don't worry. We have rules, but you'll come to find they aren't hard to follow, and you'll feel comfortable real fast.
Sielbee Topic Starter

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm already feeling very positive about this site. :)

I'm not even sure if I want to rp as any canon characters here, but it's nice to know it's an option since it was something I considered.

@Alecia: Oh that's a great idea! Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » um hi I guess

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus