Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Returning Member!

Hello all! I first joined RPR almost five years ago (or four? My memory can be poor sometimes.) but work and general shyness kept me from interacting much with the community.

But now I'm back!

I initially joined RPR through Furcadia, which I have also rejoined recently, but I'm familiar with many different formats. (Including less-popular ones, like Neverwinter Nights 1 servers.) While I prefer roleplay through Furcadia and Dreamwidth journals, I'm not very picky as long as the community is good. I've played as canons as well, but I only do that through Dreamwidth nowadays. (Examples include Loki from Marvel comic's Journey into Mystery, as well as a few Doctor Who characters through the years.)

I'm still getting back into the swing of things, so my character list is low, but I'm building up more and more as I have the muse and opportunity to make them. (If you want to see any of my WIP characters before they reach here, I have a Toyhouse account where I store them.)

Out of character, I'm very, very shy, so it's hard to me to join communities at times. However, if you ever want to talk to me, or meet one of my characters, please don't be as shy as me! I love meeting people through private messages, whether it's interest in RP or critiques on my characters, or just small talk.

I hope to meet a lot more new people through this site and grow as a writer. It's nice to meet you all!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome back! It does look like it's been a little over 5 years since you first signed up. You have a super low member number! :) (You can look up your exact join date here: http://www.rprepository.com/account.php)

What is it that encouraged you to rejoin us? :)
Snipehunt Topic Starter

It was September 24th 2010, then. I forgot about that part of the account page, thanks! :)

Well, now that I have more of a steady income (I was a high schooler when I first joined), I decided to rejoin Furcadia, and since most of my character info was kept on their RPR profiles, coming back here was kind of a chain reaction.
Well welcome back! I imagine you'll find a lot has changed. ^^
Snipehunt Topic Starter

Yeah, it has! I'm glad, I really liked the concept of this place, so it's good to see it's done well while I was away. ^^

I don't plan to leave any time soon, though.
Welcome to RPR! Great icon choice ;) Hope you're having fun here and making new RP buddies! :D
Welcome back to RPR! The site has only gotten better over time, so I am sure you'll enjoy it more than ever!
HibariHaru

Hi there! And welcome back to RPR!
It's nice to have you back!
iIY5hyE.gif
Hi! Welcome back :-)
Snipehunt Topic Starter

Such a warm reception! I'm flattered. :)
Kim Site Admin

Somehow I didn't even take in what the icon was. Loki is right, it's pretty great! ;)

Some things you might have missed while you were away: You can turn any forum topic of private message conversation into a real time chat with the "Launch chat" button/link, and we just recently started offering push notifications for some devices. :D
You can't escape. Nobody escapes. Except the people that leave and don't come back. They, technically, escaped.
Snipehunt Topic Starter

Push notifications, you say? That's great, I love it!
Welcome back! :)
Kim Site Admin

Miks wrote:
Push notifications, you say? That's great, I love it!

I have to say: I knew on paper why they would be good, but I didn't anticipate the actual way they would feel. All the connection all the time!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Returning Member!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus