Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Cats & Alley Cats!!

SHORT INTRO:
Hiya, everyone! I'm Ayste, or you can even just call me Ivy. I'm 19, and I'm a princess... xD I'm a fabulous person, obviously, I called you all cats!

THE ANIMALS/FARM:
I have two bunnies, Popkorn and Precious. Popkorn's name spelling is that way because my father was texting me (just learned to text) and his phone did not autocorrect the 'K' in Popkorn. We call him Korn for short. xD Precious got his name because it's all my mom could utter when she saw him. I have three ducks with MORE on the way. :D My oldest duck is Sonic, who imprinted on me because he was alone for about a week after his duckmate (you have to buy ducks in pairs, and they're "duckmates") died from heart failure at a week old. :( So he imprinted on me by accident. xD My other two are Pinky and The Brain. Pinky has a pink bill! So obviously I had to name the next duck The Brain. xD I have a Rhode Island Red named Okay, because when we first got her four years ago, we picked her up and all she'd cluck was "okayokayokayokay".

THE TECHSAVVY GIRL:
I have a slight obsession with gaming... xD I have a DSL internet connection at the moment, because we live so far from the main road and the internet company cannot do any "linking" of the wires underground, so we're stuck with DSL. xD BUT I STILL MANAGE TO GAME. I play League of Legends, TERA, multiple Steam games (ask for my user? xD), and MSTAR (K-Pop Dance Game). I am fairly techsavvy and can normally help people with computer issues, whether they're web-style or actual hard-ware/technical. :) I don't mind helping either. I'm great at graphics. c: I normally used PhotoShop but my subscription went out and my software that I had before the subscription expired when I had to change hard-drives. D: But I now use other means.

THE ANXIETY/DEPRESSION:
I have anxiety and often it leads to me thinking that people are annoyed when I talk to them -- especially if there is not proper punctuation used...
Examples are:
"What"
"Okay"
"No"
Not seeing punctuation causes me to believe the person is annoyed with me and I will normally stop talking to them because I'm convinced they dislike me/are annoyed. Sometimes I will outright ask you if I annoy you... and if I do, I'm sorry! I can't... help it? I mean... I try to help it. :(

I also get very depressed when people just stop talking to me without warning. No, I'm not talking like, you have to go and cannot let me know before you do, I'm talking like, a week goes by and I try to make contact and you don't respond or you respond with excuses. When I was in high school, in tenth grade, I was ostracized to the point I almost dropped out of school and quit; nobody would speak or smile at me, even acknowledge my existence -- despite how hard I tried. So after a while of trying to contact someone who won't speak to me/acknowledge I tried to contact them, I'll give up and it will be up to that person to re-initiate contact and earn my trust/respect again.

THE ROLEPLAY STUFF:
I WRITE: Around 300 words per post. I can write up to 1-5k words if I think it is needed. My introductions are normally very lengthy. I will only write original characters -- even if the RP is fandom-based. I prefer to RP female characters, but will RP males -- and I am open to doubling!
GENRES: I enjoy medieval -- adore it, honestly. I don't care if it is historical, realistic or even just fantasy surrounded. I adore post-apoc./apoc., I adore utopian/dystopian, I adore basically anything as long as it's very well explained! I prefer to use original worlds, though if we use a world that is from a series/story/movie, etc. that is fine.

THE GOODBYE:
I hope you enjoyed reading all this mess. I feel like it's a resume...
Well, tootles! c:
...I do believe I'm in love... XD

Hello seemingly awesome geek girl! (Only "seemingly awesome because I don't know you very well yet, but dude, you seem so cool!) Alrighty, nuff fangirling over girls. :P

Welcome to RPR, one of the internet's coolest places to RP! You've already figured out the forums it seems. You can find people to rp at this section of the forums here or you can message other rpers and just openly ask them if they would like to rp with you. (Most of us don't bite, but I won't speak for everyone. :P)

Feel free to hit me up for an rp if you feel so inclined. :D
Welcome to RPR! What a detailed introduction post! :) Everyone here is super friendly so I'm sure you'll be making some awesome RP friends in no time!
Ayste Topic Starter

Bell wrote:
...I do believe I'm in love... XD

Hello seemingly awesome geek girl! (Only "seemingly awesome because I don't know you very well yet, but dude, you seem so cool!) Alrighty, nuff fangirling over girls. :P

Welcome to RPR, one of the internet's coolest places to RP! You've already figured out the forums it seems. You can find people to rp at this section of the forums here or you can message other rpers and just openly ask them if they would like to rp with you. (Most of us don't bite, but I won't speak for everyone. :P)

Feel free to hit me up for an rp if you feel so inclined. :D

Why in love? xD Already? xD I've been here like an hour! :P And I will totally hit you up for an RP...in the morning. xD
HibariHaru

Hi, Ayste. You remind me a lot of someone I know. You both have a lot of similarities.
But anyway, welcome to RPR and please enjoy your stay.
Ayste Topic Starter

HibariHaru wrote:
Hi, Ayste. You remind me a lot of someone I know. You both have a lot of similarities.
But anyway, welcome to RPR and please enjoy your stay.

Hi! I... am glad I remind you of someone? xD
That whole intro was interesting XD I'm sometimes with reading long posts, but this one kept me entertained. Welcome to RPR! You'll find lots of awesome cats and alley cats on here who are super friendly :P Most people will OOC talk with you while you rp, so there's that ^^ It's pretty easy to make friends on here.

Oh! And the duck part was probably my favorite part. I didn't know all of that stuff about them. The fact that they have duckmates is pretty cute :)
Ayste Topic Starter

ilovedogs260 wrote:
That whole intro was interesting XD I'm sometimes with reading long posts, but this one kept me entertained. Welcome to RPR! You'll find lots of awesome cats and alley cats on here who are super friendly :P Most people will OOC talk with you while you rp, so there's that ^^ It's pretty easy to make friends on here.

Oh! And the duck part was probably my favorite part. I didn't know all of that stuff about them. The fact that they have duckmates is pretty cute :)

Haha. I'm glad my post kept you interested! And yep! Ducks have duckmates, and when they imprint they're like kids. xD My duck currently cries if I'm not up by 7/8 to feed him.
Kim Site Admin

Thank you so much for that wonderful, detailed, honest introduction! I feel like I learned a great deal about you, and I also feel like you're going to get along here just fine. :)

Do you have any questions about the site we can help with as you get all settled in? :)

P.S. I love the idea of ducks named Pinkie and The Brain. That was my favorite cartoon for many years as a kid!
Ayste Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Thank you so much for that wonderful, detailed, honest introduction! I feel like I learned a great deal about you, and I also feel like you're going to get along here just fine. :)

Do you have any questions about the site we can help with as you get all settled in? :)

P.S. I love the idea of ducks named Pinkie and The Brain. That was my favorite cartoon for many years as a kid!

Kim, just one. Would you like to RP?
You seem awesome. Already sent a friend request. XD So what games do you have on Steam?
Ayste Topic Starter

AshAngg2000 wrote:
You seem awesome. Already sent a friend request. XD So what games do you have on Steam?
I have...
DETOUR,
TERA,
Plague Inc.,
Fallout 2,
Left 4 Dead 2,
Worlds Adrift Island Creator (BECAUSE ISLANDS <3),
ORION: Prelude,
Fable, the Lost Chapters,
Planet Under Attack. :3

I don't work so a lot of my games are either free or my friends have bought for me. :P I'm hoping someone will buy me Stardew Valley for my birthday next year. xD
I... Honestly did not know ducks had to have duckmates. You learn something new each day!

But hi there! Welcome to the wonderful multiverse of multiverses called RPR! I'm Lotus but call me Light or whatever nice name you please! It's really sweet to meet you!

I see you've gotten the hang of the forums already like Kim just said. But if you're stuck, please take a look at our Help Center! It's been a boon for new and experienced players/users alike!

Aside, if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask any of us! We're all friendly here, of course, and are happy to help out in anyway!
Ayste Topic Starter

LightSide-Lotus wrote:
I... Honestly did not know ducks had to have duckmates. You learn something new each day!

But hi there! Welcome to the wonderful multiverse of multiverses called RPR! I'm Lotus but call me Light or whatever nice name you please! It's really sweet to meet you!

I see you've gotten the hang of the forums already like Kim just said. But if you're stuck, please take a look at our Help Center! It's been a boon for new and experienced players/users alike!

Aside, if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask any of us! We're all friendly here, of course, and are happy to help out in anyway!

Well the stores and shops won't sell you just one duck because they require companionship. So duckmates have to be bought with the duck you want, and therefore you can only ever have at least 2 ducks at the same time (or multiples of two). In my case, because his duckmate died, we had to buy two more because despite having a duck at home already, they were insistent we bring home a duckmate with the new duck. xD
Hi! Welcome to RPR :) I hope you'll have fun being around :)

I'll join the bandwagon of people who had no idea that ducks require a friend XD
Sanne Moderator

Awwwww so many animalsies!! That's adorable :D

Welcome to the site, Ayste! I loved reading through your intro, I can relate to so many things I'm reading there. I want you to know that we have a really awesome community here, where everyone helps one another however is possible. :) If you ever feel like talking about what's on your mind, feel free to PM me! (Disclaimer: I can be very busy and/or dealing with some health issues that may delay my response time, so please remember that if I take a few days to get back to you! It's absolutely not because of you!)
Ayste Topic Starter

You are all so nice. :D
Hi, and welcome to RPR! Everyone is very kind here, so I am sure you will have a good time! Your animals sound adorable, by the way! ^.^

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Cats & Alley Cats!!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus