Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Oban Star racers, anyone? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I am a 90's child, and when I was little Oban Star racers really, really was my jam. I recently decided to take a nostalgia trip 10 years back in time and rewatch it, and doing so I came to feel that the concept could be converted into a roleplay, if only I and some fellow dedicated roleplayers put some effort and thought into it. Now I don't necessarily think it has to be based on the anime, but I would like something similar.

Now my question is, Oban Star racers is quite the obscure and unknown anime that aired only on Jetix, so am I the only one here that remembers it, let alone watched it as a dedicated fan? If not, would anyone be interested? We could make a fictive solar system, work out how the competition works and what the price would be, do some ship designing together and all that sci-fi stuff. I put a lot of planning and work into my roleplaying.
Magic 10%
On very, very, rare occasions there may be unexplained, POSSIBLY supernatural events. Minor "environmental" magic. Perhaps implies the existence of a deity or supernatural entity. Or perhaps it's just tricks?
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 30%
Distant war may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat will likely be summarized, not played out in detail.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

Ohhhh my globbbbb I loved Jetix when it was on TV. Oban Star Racers, Yin Yang Yo, Get Ed etc. They were all awesome, but OSR was like the best show. Come to think of it, it might actually be the first anime I ever watched. I used to stay up with my brother and watch it.

I watched it a long while ago on YouTube but only for two episodes before I stopped for some reason. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that someone else actually still remembers it.
Banshee Topic Starter

omg yessss. I'm glad I'm not the only one that was in love with it. That just proves my tastes aren't all that weird, haha.
MSochist wrote:
Ohhhh my globbbbb I loved Jetix when it was on TV. Oban Star Racers, Yin Yang Yo, Get Ed etc. They were all awesome, but OSR was like the best show. Come to think of it, it might actually be the first anime I ever watched. I used to stay up with my brother and watch it.

I watched it a long while ago on YouTube but only for two episodes before I stopped for some reason. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that someone else actually still remembers it.
Oh god, I remember Jetix!!! Jackie Chan Adventures was my life ^_^!! I remember Oban Star Racers :P it was the s***! If there was any problem I had with Jetix, it would be Pooka (lmao I was a kid and it wasn't appealing to me XD)
_EBG wrote:
If there was any problem I had with Jetix, it would be Pooka (lmao I was a kid and it wasn't appealing to me XD)

*sings Pooka theme*
Noooo! That stupid song lmao!!!! XD XD XD XD

What was the show's plot other than kissing a boy?!
Banshee Topic Starter

omg you guys are the best. I seriously thought I was alone, but I'm so glad I'm not.
Banshee Topic Starter

I take it there is no interest. I guess it's just too much of an obscure anime.
Yo Pucca was awesome back in the day. I also remember Super Robot Monkey Teen Hyper Force Go (I think that's how it was, long azz title)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Oban Star racers, anyone? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus