Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Godclaw Canyon: new RP system and settin (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Godclaw Canyon narra (played anonymously)

Hey ya'll. So my pet project for a while has been a dnd-esque roleplaying system that I'm calling Freebad. I'm happy to announce that the game is ready for "beta-testing," I guess one would call it. (In that I've never playtested any of this and it might turn out to be garbage but I'm looking forward to finding out) The system is designed to pretty versatile: there's no levels or classes, just what skills and traits your character has.

The game is set in the Grellain Badlands, a desert that has been poisoned by magical radiation from an unknown disaster years ago. Now it's being recolonized and you get to play a part. The game has a pseudo-late medieval setting, with swords and shields and occasionally guns and a few elements of steampunk thrown in for good measure.

Sound like your kind of game? Click here to check it out.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Character sheets & strict mechanics, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

A chance to roll dice? I am instantly hooked. This is my guilty pleasure; I'm a closet gambler with a love for creating new characters for systems.
Sign me up. Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm always down for helping other game designers test their dreams. Currently in the same boat myself sir. So totally glad to help.
Godclaw Canyon narra (played anonymously) Topic Starter

RedHeadSamurai23 wrote:
Sign me up. Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm always down for helping other game designers test their dreams. Currently in the same boat myself sir. So totally glad to help.

Go ahead and join, and consult the Handbook section for a walkthrough for creating a character. Let me know if you need some help - there are still some parts of the game that are unclear to newcomers.
Godclaw Canyon narra (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Is it okay if I bump this? I'm still looking for new members.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Godclaw Canyon: new RP system and settin (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus