Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Shards

Adyr (played by Pantrane)

Aydr was a bit swept up in the moment. He figured he might as well go on a new adventure. The dwarf seemed to be alright with him. Before the dwarf left, Aydr said, "Let's meet here tomorrow. I have a room at the inn across the street. I'll be here at first light. Night to you, good sir."

The investigation would start soon. Until then, Aydr headed back to his small room to catch a few hours sleep. He had enough adventure for one day. He sat his empty glass on a table outside the tavern.

The sounds of drinkers reveling in the bar was still as loud as normal. Even as he reentered his room at the inn, Aydr could still hear patrons of the bar having a good time. It showed how life in the city didn't slow down for anything, even murder.

The drow changed into comfortable sleeping clothes before climbing into his bed and preparing for a quick few hours of sleep. The drow didn't need much sleep, but it was time for him to grab a few hours. He'd be well rested for this hike tomorrow to the dwarf's house.
Garlade shammeath (played by PeacockMan) Topic Starter

The dwarf tossed both the people at the counter a morsel of bread and told them it was free. The dwarf then began to think about his 'special job's he had tomorrow. He would definitely need more than a measly 2 people. Especially not when those two people are an elf and a human. "I would actually appreciate a little help with something. It'll get you a free room for tonight, some more food, and possibly a sum of money." He said, assuming that a 'special job' meant a lot of money was most likely going to be involved. "So, what'dya say? Are you up for adventure?" He said, trying to appeal to them as much as he could.
The Eyes in a Shadow (played by Draken901)

"Really?" Saena said as she scarfed down the bread, her stomach stopping it's grumbling. "An adventure? Well, might as well, I've been traveling to see sights anyways. May I ask where are we going?"
Tarek (played by RiddlerSphinx)

Tarek gratefully shoveled the morsel into his mouth. "Adventure is a bit vague, but if you need a group and have pay, I'll come along. You needn't bother with a room; I've got a wagon."
He didn't believe he'd found a job in this tavern of all places, surrounded by drunkards next to a murder scene. But at this point, he'd take what he could get.
Helgraf (played by Helgraf)

Helgraf woke up early the next morning. After gathering all his equipment, he headed out into the main room. When he got there he noticed a few stray drunks, nothing abnormal for a inn in a large city. He would go sit down at the bar, and think about what he heard the night before. from what he could tell the dwarf wanted him and the elf to join him on something, although he was fuzzy on details. So he decided to wait for some to arrive who he could ask about the details.

Aydr was up with the morning sun. He had cooked a quick meal of eggs and ate it with some bread. It was still dark when he ate his breakfast. Now the sun was high in the sky. It was still fairly early for most.

The dark elf crossed the street and stood outside the tavern. The coroner had come to take the body and prepare it for burial in the middle of the night. Memories of the haunting scene from the night before crept into Aydr's thoughts. He shook and focused his thoughts on the settings around him. He could hear birds signing morning songs.

It was summer, there was a bit of humidity in the air already. It might turn out to be a hot day. Or maybe it would rain. Aydr let his thoughts focus on trying to predict the weather to distract him from any anxiety about the trip. After all, maybe this would turn out to be dangerous. Aydr quickly moved on from the nervous thought.

"all you need to know for now, is that well be going to my old abandoned home and that this 'adventure' will probably be a wee bit shady. The man who is giving us this job has had some shady dealings in the past and will do anything to get what he wants. Shouldn't be a problem for us, as he is asking us to do work for him, and won't be too picky about it." He said to the men at the bar. "Maybe you should get some rest. I'll clear up any other questions in the morning!" He said, coaxing hem upstairs.

After they were taken care of, garlade finished closing up the tavern and went to sleep. Once morning came, he walked into the tavern to meet aydr and helgraf looking slightly dazed. "Are you ready, lads?" He asked, already holding his small bag with some food and water in it. He also held his battleaxe in his hand and had some chain armour in a bag that was thrown over his shoulder. "You can never be too prepared" he said.

"Well, as long as I don't get arrested for it. I'll come with." She hopped off her seat and walked upstairs. She found a room and laid her pack down beside the bed and slept. It has been quite a journey, and while sleeping under the stars is quite nice, the rocks in the grass really get to you.

The next morning she arose and packed her things back up into her pack, and slung it onto her back. And went downstairs, stopping at the last step. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

He was up around prime time, sleeping on a scratchy bedroll on the rickety planks of a caravan. Nearly hitting his horns on the shelf of the few brews he had left, Tarek cursed and grabbed his knapsack. Feasting on an apple, cheese, and some dried meat, he crawled out and rode into the city.

Now, it had to be noon. The air was starting to cling to his skin, but perhaps it was just the robes he wore. Tarek dismounted and entered the little tavern, where fresh faces awaited.

"No you never really can be to prepared" Helgraf replied. Helgraf had always been sure to take more than enough supplies for whatever he would be doing,Although he might be pretty stupid he was always careful with his supplies."So what did you plan on having us do again?"Helgraf asked as he could barely remember the night before "Something about a quest?"

Aydr had a satchel slung over his chest. It contained a gourd filled with water and food in the form of nuts and berries. It would be all be good food for the trail. Hopefully they would find a proper meal wherever they were headed. But Aydr could survive on his rations.

He also had the runes with him and some coinage. Aydr wasn't a mage, but he was spiritual. He knew they had power.

"I'm ready, myself. Anyone else coming on this trip?" Aydr asked.

"Aye" said Garlade "I found a couple extra recruits last night while I was closing shop. And we're going to travel to me ol' home. I've got a past friend making for me there to give me a 'special job'" he explained to everyone. "If we want to get there before sunset, we should leave soon." He began to toss everyone a few rations of food and a pouch of water. He walked outside and asked "do any of you have a preferred mode of transportation?" He asked, remembering the horned man's wagon. They would easily make it there by foot, but garlade wasn't sure if he would be comfortable with leaving his wagon in a town that he wasn't familiar with. He also wasn't sure how any of their health was, and if they could walk there.

She catches the rations and pouch, and stuffs them into her pack, and slings it back onto her back. She walked outside with the rest of them. "I just walk wherever I go. The pebbles and sand don't bother me too much." After a brief moment, she spoke up again. "If I may ask, what happened to your home?"

Tarek had brought with him a polished short sword and a shield hacked into like death. Asrah carried a duo of saddlebags and his knapsack, which he deposited his rations into. He patted the mares neck. "The wagon will be fine, but the horse needs to come with me. Not that I mind walking; but trust me, its for some poor old stable boy's good, not mine."

He then glanced over at the elven woman. Tarek didn't want to prod and poke at the man's past, but he didn't know if the reason he had left his home involved something dangerous. "I'd be curious to know too."
Archives of Animus (played by Draken901)

((I will be posting from this profile now since I had to move Eyes.))

Aydr did not carry any weapons, not this time. He noticed the short sword and wondered if he should start carrying something. He had carried daggers in the past. He did have a small woodworking knife. In a pinch, he could do something with that.

He wasn't a slouch. He could handle himself with his fists if he had to.

But Aydr doubted things would kick off like that. Then again, things did seem pretty mysterious. The dark elf had everything he needed. It was only a matter of time now before the team left.

"Are you all ready?" Asked garlade. "If so, then let's go!" He said, eager to go as soon as possible. "My old home is just north of here. Most people don't put it on the map because it is Ravaged, and possibly still inhabited by dragons." He said without emotion. He began to walk out the north gate of town.

Tarek stared in disbelief, quickly turning his horse by the reins and catching up with the dwarf.
"Excellent job description," he said dryly. "And if we encounter these dragons you expect us to...what? Tiptoe around them?"

When helgraf had realized he had dosed off on the table, he quickly gathered his belongings, and quickly caught up to the group that was leaving the tavern. he was able to pick on some things, like going north, more dragons, and something about a job. "where are we going?" Helgraf asked as he reached the group. Although it didn't really matter, he was finally gonna get to hit something (probably).

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Shards

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus