Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for Fantasy/Post-apocalyptic RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Crystal (played by BlissyMKW)

Please keep in mind that this is simply one idea. I have two others that involve this general setting, so if you want to do one of those or brainstorm up some sort of original fantasy plot, don't hesitate to ask.

This world is watched over and ruled by gods. For centuries, humans and beings of magic were enemies until one goddess brought the two together and ushered in a new age of peace between the two. Since this union, each year, a festival was held in honor of the goddess of the sky, the very same goddess who was responsible for this union. However, not all things last forever, and the peace the world once knew was bound to change.

One year, during the annual festival honoring the goddess of the sky, the magical beings turned on the humans and began attacking them. This night changed everything, and even started new conflicts between the humans and magical beings. Within two years time, a large section of the world was damaged extremely badly by the constant struggle between humans and the rouge magical beings, creating what people called the Ruined Zone. Outside the zone, people lived in peace, but remained wary of any magical being that has yet to turn on the humans. Those who were even slightly non human were treated as enemies. With the passing of time, things continued changing. Cars were no longer used for transport since they were easy targets. Most vehicles were stripped for parts to use for ATVs and other small vehicles to make travelling around the zone easier. People began to live in towns and cities surrounded by walls to keep themselves protected from the rouge magical beings, known to people in the zone as the Lost Ones. With TV and radio gone, new devices made to suit the purposes of people were designed to make people's lives a bit easier in the zone. A wristwatch-like device known as a Caster was created by a company outside the zone, and it's a convenient tool for Monster Hunters, who have the run of the outside of the zone and only take on jobs that either interest them or grant them something they want.

Now, you might be wondering where Crystal fits into all of this? Her older sister, Nina, was murdered by a demon when she was young, and she was also killed by a falling statue. She was rescued by the goddess of the sky, who granted her a magical gauntlet and a task to eliminate the Lost Ones. Six years passed since that day, and she's grown a lot stronger than when she was young. She's currently in search of the demon that murdered her sister while taking care of the Lost Ones.

Looking for someone who might end up being Crystal's companion at a point in time. Male or female, but she has a dislike for men, so if you want romance to be a thing, men will have to try harder. Crystal is pretty rude and not very trusting of other people at first, but she'll warm up to people eventually. There will be violence and bad language along with mention of dark themes, so just a warning there. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Octivian (played by ILoveCookies)

I am so interested with Octivian!
RandomRoleplayer

I like the originality. It's a good plot and I think I'd be interested in joining. However I am not aware of how many people you would like to join, and I am fine if there is no room.
Crystal (played by BlissyMKW) Topic Starter

RandomRoleplayer wrote:
I like the originality. It's a good plot and I think I'd be interested in joining. However I am not aware of how many people you would like to join, and I am fine if there is no room.

I didn't specify an amount since I prefer to just do 1x1 RPs (mostly because Crystal's not much of a fan of traveling in groups)...and ye, that's a bit of a thing. Part of it was to gauge interest.
RandomRoleplayer

I see
Alex Mandir (played by Clayfire12)

Hmm, I like this very much. Would it be okay if I join with Alex. 1X1 is great with me, but I can do group if you want.
Thekaleidoscope

I too would be willing to do a 1x1 with you. If you wish we can discuss character ideas over pm as I would like to model one for this world.

Alex Mandir wrote:
Hmm, I like this very much. Would it be okay if I join with Alex. 1X1 is great with me, but I can do group if you want.

Alex seems like a fine character. I'd prefer to do 1x1.
Thekaleidoscope wrote:
I too would be willing to do a 1x1 with you. If you wish we can discuss character ideas over pm as I would like to model one for this world.

Sounds good

1x1 is fine with me.

Alex Mandir wrote:
1x1 is fine with me.

Excellent. Shall we move over to PM for plot planning details?

Sure, let's go ahead and do that.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Looking for Fantasy/Post-apocalyptic RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus