Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » West-Side Wizardry

Isabelle Jones (played by Frangod) Topic Starter

Dappled sunlight filtered through the clouds and the soft susurrus of rain whispered from far away as Izzy took Ochita's card, smiling as she did so. "I'll make sure I do, and if you don't feel like waiting inside, you could head downtown and stop by the Blue Moon Cafe for a good cup of coffee and a bite of brunch.". Just then, Cody's voice filtered through the greenery, "Izzy, are you okay?" he called.

Izzy glanced at Ochita, raising an eyebrow, her expression clearly sayin, Of course there are no problems here, right? before calling back, "Everything's fine, Cody! We just have a visitor who is also looking for a little help!" In a softer tone of voice, she addressed Ochita again, "I swear, the kind of day I've been having so far, I'd almost been expecting some kind of green big-eyed monster. Not that the day's over yet!". The ominous rumble of thunder rolled over the hills and Izzy scowled, "Well, whatever you decide to do, better decide fast, otherwise you'll end up taking an Oregon bath!"
Ochita (played by FallenAngel123)

Ochita glanced up at the sky and nodded. "Yeah, well if you don't mind if I should wait inside your home, since I rather not get rained on and I don't mind waiting." Ochita could sense that the person she felt could be of use was closer, and she guessed it was the man the woman called Izzy called Cody. She didn't show anything on her expression that she had any plans. "And for the monster thing, I'm just an angel so no worries." Ochita smiled, lying about what she was. She hoped it worked since most people thought that something bad was going to happen with a fallen angel around.
Cody found Izzy by the front door and sighed, when he saw she was talking to someone else. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. I just, er, got bored waiting for you." Right, bored.

He glanced suspiciously at the stranger outside the door. "A friend of yours, Izzy?" he asked neutrally enough.

"That remains to be seen, I think. Cody, this is... ah," she glances down at the card again, "Ochita. She says she's an angel, and she has a problem. Cody, why don't you head back down to the office and sit on one of the cushions. Try to meditate and clear your mind. I'm going to make Ochita some tea and be right down, okay?"
Ochita (played by FallenAngel123)

Ochita looked between the two people, her senses telling her that Cody was the person she sensed that got her out here. She though it might be better not to try something and give her cover away. She remembered that she still needed to get back to heaven. "Hello, yes, I need some help from Mrs. Izzy." She smiled, she decided to wait to try something.
Cody's face went carefully blank at the mention of "angel". He nodded and if his gaze was particularly sharp on Ochita, he might have chalked it up to being sent back to the office.

He turned to head back but called over his shoulder, half-joking, half-serious, "Hey, what's the password to your computer?"

((Okay guys, I’m back! I don’t know how heavy my posting will be, but here’s a new entry anyway.))

The tension in the air was palpable between Cody and Ochita, specifically when she mentioned that Ochita was an angel… Hmmm, curiouser and curiouser! It would bear investigation… For the time being though, she gave Cody a quizzical look when he asked her what the password to the computer was, then shrugged and gave hime the password with a warning, “I know it looks like your normal Windows operating system, but don’t let the appearance fool you! Leah built that OS from the ground up and it’s got some very wonky file system changes… It taps into ethereal, transdimensional space to store a lot of its processing and the computer itself has quantum-RAM. It makes for very fast, very accurate searching, but if you’re not used to it, you won’t get anywhere. It’s not even connected to the Internet! We’re networked into the InfoSphere, a galaxy-wide Internet analog and the translation software translates everything into Babel-12, a proto-language that I believe was what everyone on earth spoke until a certain point in histo—anyway, that’s part of my research. Feel free to poke around, you can’t break anything, but don’t be disappointed. The keyboard itself extends to twelve dimensions, so you won’t even get the full range of input.”

She turned back to Ochita and said, “Come on, let’s get that tea. My tests with Cody shouldn’t take too long and if you get bored, the TV in here has a much wider range of channels than most terrestrial televisions.” She took Ochita into the house and busied herself with making some tea—a honeyed blackberry tea with essence of lavender to calm the nerves—and, after assuring herself that Ochita would be fine, began making her way back to the Office.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » West-Side Wizardry

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus