Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » North-Realm

Xylia Sorrowwynd (played by Bookworm)

Xylia followed the group, watching the lord. Though a part of her admired him, she was also suspicious of him as well. Why not send your own guards to see what was going on? She shrugged her shoulders, trying to lift the uneasiness from her shoulders. It did not matter now, she would see for herself and get rewarded for it was well.
Sari'na (played by BossMcFloss)

The group seemed to Sari'na the type to charge in and not take a moment to examine even the most obvious object. He had dealt with people such as before and would deal with them now. He followed the lord and te group using his staff as a walking stick, avoiding direct eye contact with any of the group.
Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

After a few moments of walking through woods surrounding the village the finally reach the outside of the ruins.

It is a strange monument. It is made completely out of dark colored stone. It is a large circular platform, with strange totems popping up out of it randomly, as well as a ziggurat-like structure in the middle which is as big as a large shack. The ziggurat features an obvious entry-way, but it sealed by a wall, with glowing runes etched into the stone. The totems have runes on them as well. A closer inspection could be advisable...

"Here we are. Do you have any questions before I set back off into the village?"
Metaralis Outteridge (played by AkuaNoMizu)

Metaralis turned toward the lord, talking in a very calm and collected tone. "Yes. On the parchment, it was written that strange noises could be heard coming from the ruins. Would you happen to know what kind of noises they are? Animal, human, monster, or something totally unnatural? As a great beast slayer, I am sure you would know if it was the cry of one of those beasts. I just don't want to run into a dragon in there without being prepared."

"Ah, yes. The noises. They can be described as... ghoulish maybe? It sounds like multiple warped men and women softly wailing, as well as the occasional whispers. Quite strange really, makes me think if this one place was a burial-ground."

Xylia tilted her head, moving closer to the monument. Her hand out carefully, her finger tips brushing against the stone. "It looks like a crypt to me. How do we open this?" She asked, looking at the lord. An idea then popped in her head and she looked at Sari'na. "What do you think of this, sir? Do these runes have meaning?"
The boy simply watched as the others gathered information about the ruins, he didn't have any experience with runes and magic, so this was all new to him.
After taking a good look around the perimeter he examined the top of the structure, noticing how old it was: "Can't we just break this door down ? I visited quite a few crypts in my time, and most of then have more than one level inside of 'em, that is, assuming this is a crypt."
He seemed hasty, as he had already arrived at the door before checking anything else.Ezackiel was most likely thinking about the treasure and nothing else.

"That's the thing. Those are runes. The door could be warded or magically trapped. As well as the totem-pole things around it could be connected to it. Needless to say i'm not a rune-smith, so I don't have any idea as to what these types of runes do."

Upon closer inspection of the totems and door, they seem to have the same exact series of runes on them. ...The door also has a etched inscription at the bottom, written in some foreign language.

The knight crouched near the door, looking at the mysterious symbols. "It all seems like some kind of riddle. Sadly, I do not know this language. We need to find what it says, because trying to open the door otherwise could be dangerous." He shuddered, stepping away from the strange magical door.

Delastarh signed, crossing his arms. "A puzzle, great," he said sarcastically. "We are not even in, and we're already stuck."

"Of course they mean something." He walked over to the door and began looking upon it for a moment. "Perhaps the inscription tells us what to do with these totems. I may know this language." He stepped back. "Now whether there is a trap or not," He planted his staff into the ground. He put his fingertips to his temples and began to focus on his staff, attempting to see what he can of the door.

Upon inspection, he learns that the door is NOT trapped, but rather warded. It's a physical ward, where weapons and actions of that sort won't harm it, but fire, cold, magic, and other things like that will.

Suddenly, the inscription on the door begins to glow. The letters rearrange themselves to form a readable etching. It say this. "The banished monarch sleeps, wrongfully imprisoned in this dark tomb. Destined to never wake up, her riches lie in waste."
Ezackiel would quickly notice the incription, and after reading trough it he'd announce: "So it IS a crypt... With riches! But what is this dark menest- mine-... Thing the door is talking about ?" He'd seen interested for once, even if he didn't quite know what was going on.

"An attempt at a resurrection or a spirit, either of these are my guess." He said. "As for the door, any maguc should help to take down the ward." He raised his hand back above his head and flug it forwaed, a bolt of purple fire shot forth and struck the ward.

Xylia stood back and smiled, crossing her arms as she thought too herself. Why would a banished monarch be inside? Why was she banished? Perhaps she did some horrendous act? The woman watched Sari'na in awe, curious about his power. He would be a great asset for this adventure. But for the treasure that may lie inside, Xylia wasn't interested in it. In truth, it would be wrong to steal from a crypt and the treasure could be cursed by whatever spirits that are inside.

The bolt struck the seal, the seal glows a vibrant blue, and violently shatters, revealing the inside of the ziggurat. Inside, lay an open space, with only a spiral staircase leading under-ground, accompanied by blue-flamed torches.

"Well. It seems you've found a way inside. If that is so, I shall be taking my leave. Good luck to you all." The Lord begin to walk back towards the village, with the sword up over his shoulder.

"Safe travels back, milord! We will come inform you of our findings when we are done!" Xylia bid him farewell before turning back to the party. "Well then, shall we get started?" She asked, moving inside of the crypt first and moved to the stairs. She placed a hand on the wall and moved down a few steps before stopping, unsheathing her dagger as she looked up at her companions. "If any of us become injured in someway, I shall do my best to aid you as a healer."
The boy nodded, following behind the elf with his hand on his dagger, overall, the thought of exploring a crypt seemed to... Excite him! Even if it was just because of the reward, that little boy's face seemed more than happy to explore an seemingly dangerous place.

Metaralis was the next to walk down the spiral staircase, his high heels clicking on the stone stairs, followed by Delastarh. None of them were here for the rewards or the treasures. As a king, Delastarh had all the money he wanted, and Metaralis got everything he needed at the castle, too. They were here to help the people.

The knight's silvery eyes were faintly glowing as he looked around for sources of unnatural energy. He had a "sixth sense" with everything coming from the dark realm.

And feeling slightly awkward, Delastarh started to talk in a low voices. "What do you think we are going to find, down there? Except ghosts, that is. Maybe we should look out for traps. I heard a lot of crypts were full of traps to keep the tomb raiders away."

Sari'na took a long stride forward, nearly hitting whoever was in front of him. He slowed his march and began the descent in the crypt. He still walking upon the staff, the sound of it hitting the ground ehoed down the stairs. "Perhaps a mixture of the two, as seems most common in crypts such as. Less common however is the chance of a bandit clan, so that should be of little worry." Sari'na said then tapping his staff on the ground, as a small blue orb flies down in front of every group member for a secons then it came back, and continued to do this, however causing no harm, it may be annoying.
The boy kept walking, but he turned his head for a second to speak with the rest of the group: "Well, whatever it is, they sure aren't doing a good job at doing it, you'd expect the door to be booby trapped or something, and these stairways seem preety safe too." He looked foward, squinting his eyes, checking for anything out of the ordinary.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » North-Realm

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus