Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » North-Realm

Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

They eventually reach the end of the stairwell, and they come across what seems to be a hallway leading to an... Underground Forest? The hallway ends... and advances into a forest, made out of pine and elderberry trees, with autumn leaves covering the floor. The ceiling of this "chamber" resembles the night sky. It may very well be the sky! A blue-glowing moon is seemingly placed in the middle of the sky, lighting the forest in it's glow.

A plaque is before the room, inscribed with a passage. "The blue moon glows, but the forest weeps for the monarch, for she was betrayed by her king. Stabbed with a blade of silver and tempered steel, in her coffin she sleeps. The forest only allows those who know the way of song and sword to weave their way through the forest, but a magician's power is also needed, for without it, you shall return to where you have gone."
Xylia Sorrowwynd (played by Bookworm)

Xylia touched the plaque, reading the text carefully. Then, she looked into the forest, not moving inside. "How sad, I have sympathy for this woman." She whispered, looking up at the blue moon above the room. "Perhaps I will write a song in her honor when this is done, in her honor." She sighed, looking at the floor to see if there was any trap of some kind.

The forest seems to be completely safe. Other than the fireflies which are nesting there, it seems completely devoid of all life. The berries on the trees are ripe, though it's still a mystery as to how the trees have grown underground.
Metaralis Outteridge (played by AkuaNoMizu)

"It's incredible," Delastarh said, looking around. "It's like we are in a whole new world!" The king approached a tree, and touched it, like to make sure it was a real one.

"Indeed." The knight turned toward the party, detaching the chain holding his cape around him. He gave it to Delastarh, who took it without a word, folding it around his arm. "We need to know how big this forest is. I will go take a look." In the blink of an eye, two larges black bat-like wings sprouted from two holes in the back of the knight's tunic. The wings stretched, then flapped a few time, lifting the short man in the air. Metaralis flew above the trees, disappearing from their view.

Delastarh smiled nervously to the others. "I'm sorry about him. He's a bit stiff with strangers. An issue with trusting people. It's nothing against you, I promise. To be honest, I thought it would only be the two of us. But I'm happy to have more help."
The boy stared in awe, he didn't seem that fazed by the forest, but the wings seemed to really impress him. "Hey, wait up!" He'd approach the nearest tree and climb it with his bare hands, it was obvious that he had done that before as he'd have reached the top of the tree in record time.
At the top, he'd sit by a branch and catch his breath, his eyes would scan around, looking for the winged man that had lifted up out of the ground.
Sari'na (played by BossMcFloss)

Sari'na looked up. "Incredible, yet nowherr near the majesty of whence I came, as none could matvh the beauty of the elven homeland." He turned back to Delesarth as man bat took off. "Surprisingly I have seen stranger." He said un shocked. The blue orb came back to the mage and grew in size, then pulsated back to being tiny and returned to his staff.

Metarilis would be able to tell that this forest is indeed some chamber of the ruins, as walls could be see every which way, painted to look like the night sky. On the other side of the chamber lay a clear exit from the forest.

Xylia whistled softly as she watched Delesarth fly off. She had never seen such a thing. When she saw the blue orb again, she turned to Sari'na curiously. "What is that?" She asked, asking the elf, blinking a few times as it returned to his staff. "You are truly skilled in magic, I can merely heal and charm others with my voice or flute."

He twisted his staff in hand and spoke. "A simple trick of light. As a soul weaver I can work with many magics, mostly soul. All elements however are woven into the soul magic, thus the name. Twas nothing more than a summomed ball of light that I move with my mind." He turned to Xylia. "So you channel through those items or actions? I was taught with my hands or a staff, but switching to something new is quite strange. Your maguc is limited by the tunes you play."

(I am writing up lore for my own little world for RPs and this made me have an idea. Focuses for magic and 'musical magic' if you will. Thanks.)

Metaralis pondered on going toward the exit to see what was waiting for them on the other side. But he looked back where he came from, seeing slightly Ezackiel in the tree, and sighed. He should probably stay with the group. Even if he didn't like the idea of relying on people, particularly a mage, Delastarh was right when he told him that heading into the unknown all alone was risky. They needed to work as a team.

The knight flew back to the group, making a graceful loop as he landed in front of them. His demonic wings folded behind him instead of disappearing. "This is not another world. We are in some kind of chamber. There's an exit on the other side of this forest," he said to them, placing a hand on his hip.

((If you have trouble with Metaralis and Delastarh's names, just call them Meta and De. Their names are complicated, sorry.))

(I am the king of ridiculous names man, don't worry about it.)

Suddenly, the hallway from where they once came in closes. With stone walls and slates covering the entry way. The only to go is now forward.

The fireflies buzz around while emitting pulses of their light. They fly around slowly, weaving their way through the trees.

Xylia looked back from where they came from before shrugging her shoulders, looking nervous. "Well, looks like we aren't going that way. Metarilis, did you see another entrance from above?" She asked, a wooden flute appearing in her hands.

"Like I said, there's a door on the other side of the forest," the knight repeated. "I don't think it's very far away, and the forest seems safe. But let us not lower our guard." The wings finally disappeared, and he grabbed his cape from Delastarh to put it on his shoulders again.

The king had a wide smile on his face. He gave the shorter man a thumbs up and winked as a form of encouragement for actually talking to other people. Metaralis pouted slightly, flushed cheeks, and turned around to advance into the forest, muttering a "Let's go".

Sari'na stepped forward into the trees and laughed. "Reminds of when I learned sould ripping, tearing a soul from a body." He smiled and kept on forward, attempting to scare the others with his memory.

They moved through the forest surprisingly with ease. No danger to be seen at all. They reach the exit of the "forest". It is another long hallway, this time though, it is considerably darker than the first, with no torches to be seen.

In the distant exit of the hallway, they can see light, suggesting that another chamber is up ahead.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » North-Realm

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus