Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Let's Play With Dice! (I guess we're clo (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Okay, okay cheesy title I know. But it was all I could think of on the fly. Anyway, let me explain: I recently took a look at the informative guide on the use of dice on RPR and I was like "Oh wow, I kinda want to try this!" So I wanted to know if anyone felt the same.

I'm still pretty lost on how it could work, so experienced dice-users wanted! Of course, anyone is welcome in, but I'd like to have someone who's used dice before to give us some sort of direction with how to use it.

As for the RP itself, I don't know. If you're looking for my personal opinion, I'd like to try out maybe a action/horror combination of sorts? Like, perhaps a zombie survival or something along those lines. I'd gladly hear any suggestions too, of course.

I'd saaaaay...five players, maybe more. (If you check out my profile, you'll see that) I don't like groups that have a lot of people in it, but I might make an exception or two. Five is kind of a stretch already, but whatevs.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Flashwolf96 Topic Starter

Now that I think about it, a fantasy RP might be a better option if dice is involved. So if it's a fantasy, questing type of RP, then I'm looking for a DM as well. I don't really prefer the role, so I'd be grateful if someone else could.
i can be the DM
Heey! I'd like to join if it's ok of course! My chatacters are Steampunk but i can change them to fit the universe! As they are more developped i could play with Ezekiel or Maxwell as you wish!
Novarion (played by Novarion)

Ready to serve in all manners.

Thanks you guys!

I think we have room for one more person, but I'm perfectly ready to start sooner if that's okay with you all.
I think i'll just have to create a new page for my character, just for her to fit the story (and the dice roll system), and i'll be ready, i'll do it today! :)

Alright, we've got 5 (I can count I swear, my bro MS is gonna join) so now we can start.

But to be perfectly honest...I have no idea what to do at this point. Should we use this forum? Do I make one in general RP or something?
Jolencia Vulpine (played by MSochist)

;)
(ok if were starting then i guess i should start us off) you have all ben invited too a grand ball by the king of zelendor for your visit however one of you has crashed the party but the rest were invited i the ballroom are grand jade walls with murals painted on them in remarkable fashion and many different water fountains covering the marbel floor in this room many nobels are letting there nobility slide and dancing like maniacs to a band of GNOLLS

Wait wait wait shouldn't we all agree on what type of RP we'll be doing first?
(i thought it was a fantasy rp)

I never said it was fantasy, but it can be if that's what everyone wants. We also need to decide what the general plot will be.

Like, are we a group of adventurers seeking glory and junk? Or maybe random people that don't know each other who come together for some odd and convenient reason?

Whatever it is, I'd prefer it if we had a consensus on what we'll do.
(fantasy and we don't know each other but we were all called to this ball where we meet)
Well, i don't care what kind of Rp you want to do, but everything is okay for me!

But i think we should create a topic in "Fantasy Roleplay Forum", it could be better!

I agree. We should move this before we start. But if we've been invited to a ball, how are we gonna use dice?

I assumed we would be using combat in the RP.
(use the dice to determine if the actions you try succeed or fail like for example roll dice if you try to steal food to see if no one notices you)
(we are just not right now)
(you can make a new form but with the same setup but i will be gone in 20 minutes and i think this rp should have both rp and combat)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Let's Play With Dice! (I guess we're clo (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus