Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » 'Sin acolyte'

Av-kraahkan idenmahiki (played by dave_pod) Topic Starter

*the other in the hood quiets down as you start up the ritual*

*a glow brightens within the orb, till-* *you can see... something... you are somewhere else... an impossibly large throne made of countless objects, topped with pillows, and a figure of some kind resting atop it all lies before you. its difficult to discern any details about the figure, though its easy to tell that they are Sloth.*

hm? oh. thanks I guess. I could probably figure a use for these things someday...
*the items go to join the near infinite pile of trash, the lint looking to head more for the top near the massive pillows as extra cushioning*
I guess this is your first time making a sacrifice. I know why everyone comes to me first, but would it kill them all the time if they tried someone else once in a while?
Mal crossed his arms, assuming the orb was gone, otherwise he simply held the orb lower. "Hello Sloth... Also I apologize if this really is a bother, I was hoping they would teach me envy but apparently you are the... Starter sin. You won't be seeing much of me though I can assure you that. Provided that they don't decide I'm not ready for some odd reason."

*the orb does not seem to be present in this 'projection'. perhaps your mind is elsewhere*

oh, you want to know more about Envy. well you might be seeing me some more anyway if thats what you want. Envy has only a few things in context that are drawn more to them than to anyone else. and if thats all,
~!~
*you are cast back, your view returning to where you had been in the junk room. your arms are not crossed here*
*based on where the other person is standing, and how they are beginning to answer your question, very little time must have passed in the real world*
"Well I wouldn't say its easy. all routes have their difficulties. in fact, very few acts of sacrificial magic should be taken lightly. they all have their own risks involved. as for personal choice, well its a good job being a teacher of Sloth. I help to teach a great deal of newcomers."
Mal looked up at him, "What have you been talking while I was gone or?" He sighed shaking his head, "So I'll have to talked to the sins every time like that? I revealed my goals and he simply... Dismissed me? Hmmm it seems I got nothing for this trade. Though I must admit now that I have met a sin, talking to them more in... Length would be quite interesting." He looked up at the man, "Should we try again?"

"ah, I was simply answering the questions you had asked before performing the ritual. its only a moment from the outside. Sometimes they might be more talkative than others. Usually when the right items are given it only takes a brief second for them to sense your intent, and choose what they want to do. It is quite risky. rarely, one of the Sins might be feeling a bit different, and do something out of the ordinary. You may try again if you wish, but Sloth will not remember you unless you develop an affinity with them. Thats why those of us who have developed affinities are important. They can build upon past sacrifices, and gain more control over what happens. If you want a longer conversation, you will need more 'fuel'. and be careful to not provoke action from Sloth. with enough fuel, and a proper focus, they will do something."
*there is still plenty of trash to choose from if you wanted to try again*
He looked up at the man and nodded, "I see... Though you say I need more fuel, could that mean quality or quantity. If quantity then of each or total." He planned to try understanding everything that came up, wanting to master everything he had to do. He crossed his arms, before looking down at the circle then sighing before he began looking through the trash again.

"well, Quality fuel has a stronger power behind it, so if you just want to talk with them, quantity would be best... Also, we might be able to get away with more casual speech with Sloth, but The leaders have said that we are to hold an incredible level of formality with the other Sins. To bow before them, and not say a word more than needed beyond the request of magic."
*looking around some, and peering out into the hall, the teacher of Sloth sees that there is no one around*
*he whispers to you,* "but, a few of us believe that the leaders are trying to prevent us from being able to make magic less strict. if we are able to change perceptions. to change how the Sins expect us, then we may make changes so that a focus is not required anymore, and it is simply the right price, the right amount of fuel that is needed to ask magic of them."
*clearly there are many unknowns on magic, and even among those who practice it, there are divides on how it should be practiced*
Mal grinned at the man, "I think once I leave your care and move on to Envy, we will still be meeting often. For now though, how about, like everything, we start with sloth? Help me gather the more, lesser fuel so I can attempt something." He said little else as he began searching through the junk, coming up with a few random items that were some how stuck together creating a useless ball of trash. "Guess I found a focus..."

"ah, a good one." *they take out a knot of old tattered towels and an old mildewy pillow* "this should help give you more fuel. Ah, though I must inform you... we all do our part to add to our available objects. it is expected that you be willing to add in the future as well."
He smirked, "I'll find a way to pull some strings somewhere and makes sure I can make large donations for those learning sloth. Will that do for my responsibilities? That giving me an excuse to communicate with you often that way we can continue our new studies." He took and placed the items in the circle. He grabbed the items and placed them in their appropriate spots. "I'll be speaking to you soon." He grabbed the orb before directing his will into it once again to offer up the items.

*pillow. towels. junk. you've got Sloth*
*again, the endless Domain of Sloth can be seen, your items lifting away*

Hmm? oh thats nice. pillows and towels. guess you wanted to talk or something. cause that junk focus probably isn't good for a nap or something.
He nodded looking up at him, "Mind if I approach or should I stay down here since I'm just a human mortal?" He watched the sin known as sloth closely, going through the few questions he has for sloth.

approach? I don't know you. you are not welcome in my Domain. just. stay where you are. or whatever.

*its probably very good that you only asked Sloth that. your not worth the trouble to them*
He shook his head, "Alright then. Well I came to ask about orbs that can be attuned to a sin, is it possible each sin has one?" He crossed his arms watching the sin curiously as he came here ask questions, and he will be doing this often till he finds his questions.
// answers*... Why did I put questions...//

people attune to sins. not orbs. orbs use things and things call Sins. I'm getting real tired of answering all these questions. why don't you just go read a book or something. you people have guesses right? or maybe see Greed. they like talking things.
He laughed softly, "Oh? Well actually we have been able to get an orb that was attuned to Pride. I'm sure you know it is possible." He smiled at the sin, "Don't you have any knowledge of this?"

Pfff. thats not an attunement. Orbs don't get attuned... you know what, I'm feeling real tired of this. you're not paying for my knowledge. you've got one more moment to say something before I send you off.
"Actually that is what I'm paying for. I'm here simply for information. Nothing more. Nothing less." He watched him, figuring he won't get much more out of this, "Is that a problem? Are you only used to being asked for magic?"

talks, magic, questions, blah blah blah, I hear it all the time. look, If I give you a nap, will you leave me alone?

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » 'Sin acolyte'

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus