Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Depths Below(1x1)

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"I am uncertain." Grezz said. "Ok, this is starting to look like a horror movie, can we go back to the ship now?" Jackie asked. Grezz cautiously approached the creature and scanned it. It didn't react, either being completely unaware of the trio's presence, or just not caring about them. The scan came back, save for a few unknown sources of DNA, the majority was known. The creature used to be a species known as a 'Martiite', better known across the galaxy as the 'Greys'. "Odd...." Grezz thought to himself. "Do any of your weapons come with a stun mode?" Grezz asked. "No." Jackie said.
Avuk Mor (played by MugoUrth)

"Unfortunately, neither do any of my weapons," Avuk said. He was then thinking about something to himself. "Do you think we should take him back to the ship? Or maybe to a healing dock? We might be able to help him if he's still alive, and then maybe I could get some kind of reward for it or something."

"Oh it's definitely sill alive." Grezz said. "I was planning to take it back to my ship for study." Grezz said. "I'm uncertain if it's intelligent, so I can't say there will be any rewards for helping it, assuming it even wants help." He added.

Suddenly, it started to get up. It started talking in a strange way, but Avuk couldn't understand what it was saying. "Easy there, we're just here to help," Avuk said. "We can take you to the healing bay... assuming it's still operable. ...Might just be safer to take him back to our ship."

Grezz reached out to the creature telepathically, trying to communicate with it. "Strange.... I can't understand it's thoughts...." He said. Grezz thought for a moment. "We'll come back for it. For now we must finish investigating the ship." Grezz said.

"We can't just leave it!" Avuk shouted. "It's hurt! If we leave it, it could die! I may seem like a badguy, but we Gormarians have our honor code to live by. We never use guns, and we do what we can to help our kin. And if you two are just going to continue on, then I'm taking him to a healing bay myself!"

"Dude, do we even know how to treat it?" Jackie asked. "It does have a mixed combination of various alien DNA. What treatment might work for one set of DNA could prove fatal to another." Grezz said. "The bet we can do to treat this creature is to put into stasis to treat at a later date when we have a better understanding of the creature." Grezz added.

"Do we even have a stasis chamber on board?" Avuk asked. "...Oh, alright. But I just hope we don't end up killing it."

"My ship does, but not the submersible." Grezz said. "For now, let's continue on." Grezz said. "When we're leaving, we can come back this way and bring it back to the ship." Grezz said.

"Err, I don't want to just leave him," Avuk said. "What if something else is on board, then comes to finish it off. Besides, I think I'm strong enough I can carry him."

Grezz thought for a moment. "Very well. However, try to make as little direct skin contact with the creature. As I said, it has mixed DNA from multiple aliens and I'm unsure how it got this DNA." Grezz said.

"Right," Avuk said before putting on a pair of thick gloves on and picking the body up over his head. He made sure he didn't touch any part of it with any part of his body.

The creature didn't fight. It was apparently either somehow still unaware of the others, or it simply didn't care that Avuk had picked it up. The group continued on, soon reaching the bridge. Grezz immediately went to the computer console and began checking systems and checking the life signs of the crew. Save for a small handful of very weak lifesigns, almost the entire crew was dead. Grezz took note of the locations of the crew members. Most were in areas behind the hangar bay, save for one which was on the bridge. "Jackie, look for anyone else that may be in here with us. I shall check the security cameras to see what happened." Grezz said.

Jackie began looking around. It wasn't long before she came across a heavily wounded Phantos, a species of aliens that resemble Earth Owls. "Found someone!" Jackie declared, dragging the Phantos over to Grezz. Grezz looked at the Phantos and began inspecting his wounds. "Do either of you see any first aid containers?" Grezz asked.

"I do think I saw one a while back, I reccognized a symbol," Avuk said before rushing off to find what he thought he saw. He then came back with a fairly large crate. "Yes, here it is. From my travels, this is a Phantos symbol for medical supplies. ...But, then again my travels usually include taking random items from point A to point B and fighting enemies for loot."

Grezz dragged the crate over and dug into it, pulling out a variety of supplies. He held his computer out, which ran a quick scan of the Phantos, mapping out it's veins and arteries, as well as bones and nerves. Grezz immediately went to work, patching the Phantos's wounds. It wasn't long before the Phantos was patched up.

"Wait! Why are we helping him, but not the other guy?" Avuk asked. "Is his life more valuable just because he looks normal?" It was debatable whether he really cared or just liked arguing.

"As I said earlier, that creature is made up of the combined DNA of several different species." Grezz began. "What medical equipment might heal one set of DNA, might kill another set. One we are back on the ship we might be able to find a form of medicine that all DNA sets can safely handle." Grezz added.

"...Whatever, are we done here?" Avuk asked. "I think we've pretty much scoured the place."

"We might be able to figure out what happened once this guy wakes up." Jackie said. "Grab the Phantos, Jackie. We're returning to the ship." Grezz added. Jackie did as instructed and the trio soon returned to their sub and went back to the ship. Grezz had the still unconscious Phantos taken to the medical bay, and had the Creature put into Stasis, before immediately looking for any medications that would help each of the DNA sets in it's genes.

"What in the name of the Great Spirits is that?" The King questioned as he walked into the medical bay and saw the hybrid creature in stasis. "Some form of Hybrid." Grezz said matter of factly. "Is it hostile?" The asked. "Not that we have seen." Grezz added. "Ah, Phytocendril." Grezz said. He quickly went over to check the medical supplies. As he expected there was a large supply of the medicine, which was designed to be a general anti bacterial agent for most alien species that would also help healing any wounds. The Creature was taken out of stasis and put onto one of the operating tables. An IV was put into it, and the creature was given a shot of Phytocendril.

Once this was done, Grezz found Avuk. "The creature we found is on an operating table. I had a dose of phytocendril injected into it. It should recover from it's wounds soon. At least to a point where proper consciousness is possible." Grezz said.

"Right, I guess I'll try to talk to it," Avuk said as he went over to it. "Hello there. Do not worry, we mean you no harm. We just want some info. We want to know what you are, what you were doing on the ship, what happened that made it wreck, and if you seen any strange, blobish lifeforms since you passed out." ...no response. Either it wasn't conscious enough yet, or it didn't understand Avuk's language.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Depths Below(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus