Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Depths Below(1x1)

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Well, we never know. It might be a slow swimmer." Grezz said. "And noted." He added as they swam to where the creature was. Grezz passed the rock and soon noticed a medium-sized Eel-like creature. Its fins went along its side, as opposed to an Eel's top and bottom. The tips of its fins gave off a light blue glow, along with the creature's eyes and a number of spots along its body. "Interesting" Grezz said. He held out his arm as a bright fuscia hologram was projected from it. He began typing as a keyboard appeared, apparently writing down a description of the creature. Soon, a loud echoing call interrupted him. The eel-creature's fins suddenly flashed a bright red color, before it darted off. "What was that?" Jackie asked.
Avuk Mor (played by MugoUrth)

"Bad," Avuk responded bluntly.

Suddenly a much larger creature came into view. It appeared to be of the same species, but its head was almost as big as Jackie. What was terrifying, however, was that it was surrounded by several other eels.

Jackie immediately drew her plasma blaster. "Should I fire?" Jackie asked, as the Eel swam closer. The Eel letout another roar as it began to speed up, charging at the three.

"You can try," Avuk said before readying the sword on his bracelet. "I'm not sure if it will work, though."

Jackie didn't wait to shoot, launching a bolt of plasma at the Eel. The blast hit, with the Eel letting out a pained roar as it slowed down.

Avuk turned his underwater plasma sword on. Jackie slowing it down gave him a window of opportunity that he used to slice the eel's eye. The large eel retreated, but the smaller eels kept coming. Avuk kept trying to slice them down the best he could.

Once the larger Eel was gone, the smaller Eels were made short work of. Between JAckie's Plasma Blaster and Avuk's Plasma blade, the remaining eels were turned into chum. "Aggression of this Eel species has been noted." Grezz spoke up.

"Hmmm..." Avuk then looked at the corpses and noticed their shining atennae. He started plucking antennae from the corpses and decided to pocket them. "I have a feeling some of these parts might be worth some money," he said to Jackie.

"You're the one who's gonna be smelling like Space Eel, dude." Jackie said, giving a shrug. Grezz typed something into his holo display, before he deactivated it. "Well, we'd best get moving before it comes back." Grezz said.

"Yeah... with more young to harvest," Avuk muttered. "Duh, I mean, yes, let's go." Avuk decided to follow the others, for now, but kept his eye out for anything else of interest.

The trio were out in the ocean for a while. Grezz would stop to get some basic info written down on whatever plant or animal life they came across. Save for having to go up to the surface to refill their oxygen tanks periodically, things were mostly quiet, and they eventually returned to the ship.

Avuk did his own little research on the shells he found, collecting a group of each on he came across. He looked for sturdiness, rarity, color, and other things. Some of the shells even housed creatures. (extra currency) he thought as he collected them. When it was time to go back, he stashed all his shells in another pocket than the lights. "Well, that might not have been a complete waste," he said to Jackie. "What do we do now?"

"Wait for us to head out again." Grezz said. "Perhaps get something to eat or take a nap?" Grezz suggested. "Grezz." Came the King's voice. The Bulky Zordite walked into the room the three were in. "Something on your ship controls was going off. One of your crew members said to alert you at once." The King said. Grezz headed into the control room and inspected the control panel. "It's a signal..." Grezz said, surprised. "This planet's never been charted before. Not that I'm aware of.... What's a ship doing here?" He questioned.

Avuk had his fears concerning the ship. He wasn't exactly a popular creature, and there were others out there searching for him. He had no proof, but that was his first guess. But then again, it didn't neccesarily come for him. What if they know of any treasures on the planet and they're looking for it? That might be something Avuk could sink his teeth into.

"Hmmmm..... It's coming from deeper in the planet's ocean?" Grezz questioned. For the first time since the other had met him, Grezz's Host's face contorted into a confused expression, rather than retaining the usual 'dead' expression. "Perhaps the ship crashed some time ago or got stuck exploring?" The King suggested.

"Why are we just noticing it now if that's the case?" Avuk asked. "I have a feeling something dangerous is going on. ...And if that's the case, I'm willing to go out and take on whatever it is."

"There could be a number of reasons. My ship isn't stealth mode. It's possible the pilots of the ship have detected my ship and set off the distress beacon. Or perhaps they just arrived and set it off." Grezz suggested. "Regardless, we must investigate." Grezz added. "So, where's the ship?" Jackie asked.

"How should I know?" Avuk asked. "I'm not the one driving the ship. I don't even know who these guys are."

The ship started up and headed in the direction the signal was coming from. They were going for a while, before stopping near a massive trench. "The Signal is coming from down there." Grezz said. He pressed numerous buttons on the controls, releasing a drone from the ship. A feed of the drone's view came up as the drone went down into the trench, activating a light.

The feed showed a handful of other creatures, though it didn't stop to observe them. The Drone stopped when it light shown on the pretty obvious hull of a ship. The Drone soon continued on, heading to the left, making sure to keep the ship in view. It passed over windows, most being dark. The Drone stopped once more as its light shown into the ship's Bridge through the windshield. Like the rest of the ship, it was dark, save for a few lit up screens and holograms.

"Hmmm, they don't seem to be after us," Avuk responded. "Maybe they're after treasure? ...Wait! I saw it first!" Avuk was a bit worried of the thought of treasure, but calmed down in a few seconds. "Uhhh, maybe we should sneak up to them, make sure their intentions are benign? It could be deeper than just mere treasure hunters."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Depths Below(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus