Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Depths Below(1x1)

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Uh-huh." Jackie said. "Jeeze the dumb things people will do for 'honor." Ran through Jackie's head, before Grezz entered the room, dressed up in full Depcys armor, modified for swimming of course."Be sure to activate your shielding." Grezz said. " We don't know what kind of organisms live here, nor do we know if they are poisonous." He added.
Avuk Mor (played by MugoUrth)

"Right," Avuk said before whipping out his electric sword. Upon looking at it, he thought of something. "My sword is... err, not waterproof. Do you have another one I can use?"

"No I do not." Grezz said. "Oh! I have something you can use." Jackie said. she picked up one of the gauntlets she was wearing and handed it to Avuk. "It's not technically a sword but it still cuts stuff. You activate it with the button here." JAckie said.

Avuk took the gauntlet and pressed the button. Suddenly, a laser blast flew right out of the gauntlet. Avuk immediately gave the gauntlet back to Jackie. "That might as well be a gun!"

"Better to go out into unknown territory with a gun than nothing." Jackie said. "Not being a 'coward' is the kind of stupid stuff that gets people eaten by giant sea monsters." Jackie grumbled. She thwacked the gauntlet a bit, before pressing the button, with a blade forming. "Here." Jackie said. "It's not supposed to shoot stuff, so I guess that means I need to replace it soon." Jackie said.

Avuk then took the gauntlet, looking somewhat hesitant and moody about it, but then eventually put it on. "Whatever."

Grezz went over what everyone should have and what they should have activated with their Divesuits before they left the ship. It was immediately obvious that Jackie wasn't the best swimmer, with Avuk and Grezz regularly having to wait on Jackie to catch up to them.

Avuk himself had little water experience, plus his weight held him down, too. ...And he was well fit for his species. "Okay, so... what are we doing?" Avuk asked. "Do you think someone shot us down? Or we hit a rock or something?"

"No, we're on an expedition to discover native wild life. I'm not a soldier, and the water interferes with Depcy weaponry. You two were hired to protect us when we're outside of the ship, because we aren't familiar with the indeginous life." Grezz explained. Jackie continued flailing as she tried to swim, apparently not grasping that the eel-like fins on her tail needed to be move side to side to move forward. "You two do know how to properly swim, yes?" Grezz asked, after a few moments of observing the two attempted to swim. "Not really." Jackie whined after a few moments.

"Does it LOOK like I was built for swimming?" Avuk asked. "I mean, if you wanted swimmers, why didn't you hire merpeople or something?" Just then, out of the corner of his eye, Avuk saw a tail swim behind a huge rock. "I think something is near," Avuk mentioned.

"Well, we weren't exactly secretive with where we'd be going on this expedition. Considering you excepted the job I had assumed you two knew how to swim properly." Grezz said. "I wasn't exactly asked." Jackie added, having managed to somehow turn herself upside down in her flailing.

"And you would be surprised what I'd do for money," Avuk said. "Besides, how hard can swimming be. Anyway, should we follow that creature?"

Grezz swam over to Jackie, whilst Avuk spoke, messing with the shielding device on her back. Suddenly, the fin on her tail shifted, going from vertical to horizontal, to accommodate Jackie's swimming better. "We'll have to investigate in a few minutes. Stay here, I'm going to retrieve a pack that should help you swim better." Grezz said to Avuk, before he swam off back to the ship.

"I can swim just... Oh what am I doing, this is dumb," Avuk said. "What do you have in mind that could help me swim better? Like I said, Gormarians aren't known for being good swimmers."

"Well, there are a few aquatic jets I have on my ship." came Grezz's voice. "It should help you swim, at least faster." Grezz said.

"Aquatic jets? That sounds like it might be worth some... I mean help me swim," Avuk stuttered. "Head in the clouds, sorry about that."

"Well... It will less be an aid in swimming, and more take over for it. The Jets will propel you forward."Grezz explained as he was seen returning with a pair of Jets. He handed one to Auk before handing one to Jackie. "You are supposed to attach them to your back." Grezz explained. "Once attached the suit will install their data, and allow you to control them." Grezz said.

"Hmmm, interesting," Avuk said, trying to install the jets on his back. (Hmmm, then maybe I can keep them and sell them after I'm done with them.) "Right, now are we going to follow that thing?"

"Yes, but we need to wait for the Jets to be properly installed." Grezz said. A few minutes passed before JAckie suddenly shot forward as her Jets activated. "WHOA!" She yelped, before slowly coming to a stop. "Take a moment to familiarize yourselves with the jets." Grezz said. After a few moments, Avuk and Jackie got a decent grasp on how to control their Jets, they headed off to find the creature. "Where did you say this creature was?" Grezz asked as they swam along.

"Does it matter? He's probably gone by now," Avuk said. "I did see him go behind that large rock, though. Be alert, some creatures hide in the sand, or even camouflage themselves. Certain creatures on my planet look just like rocks from far enough away."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Depths Below(1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus