Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » BeastMasters Guild

Dungeon Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The Brass Market was a giant portion of the city, a good half hour walk from the guild maybe 45 minutes if you're walking with a dwarf. Dragonborn mostly chramatic colours such as Black, Red, and White colour scales sell goods such as weapons and armour, along with foods of all kind. Being more magically enclined the Blue and Green scaled Dragonborn sell spell books at high prices and staffs with magic properties.

Here and there you can see religious people, humans are in the mix but the Dragonborn who run the Faith of the Five are of a higher class, mostly Gold and Silver Scales. Where the Nobles are of Brass, and Bronze, and Copper Scaled Dragonborn run the richer buisnesses in the Silver Coast district of the city.

The Brass Market was named as such for Lord Fengmark, a Brass Dragonborn architect who was made a noble by the God Goldwyrm after actually designing the cities lay out over a thousand years ago. Because of Lord Fengmark apple merchants sell their wares in the same kinds of shops that fine weapon smiths sell there's, this city was designed to have no slums. And give everyone an equal shot at a great life under the watchful eye of the Five Dragon Gods.

Whatever you two are looking for, there is a shop for it here in the Brass Market, and over head is the Brass Mansion, where the ancestors of the Fengmark Lineage live. "Arrows, one gold for five!" You hear one White scaled merchant call out seeing Bodrik's empty quiver, "throw in an extra for a BeastMaster!"

Another merchant, this one human, calls out about the finest eleven wine this side of the great sea. "Don't want to sail three weeks for the best wine in the world? Buy it here!! Forty Gold a Cast!!!"

A few more preach about sword sharpening and armor tampering, a few women of the night stand outside of tavern however they are all Dragonborn and you pass them by, where would you like to go in the Brass Market?
Riswald (played anonymously)

Riswald chatted with Bodrik for most of the walk to the market. He was a gregarious man, and very talkative at times, even when it's not reciprocated. Once they arrived, however, he focused on the task at hand. The longer he lingered and looked around at the myriad of shops, the more things he considered buying. Poor Bodrik would be subjected to this self-discussion. "Should get some hobnails. I think some of mine are falling out. And I probably should pick up a new kettle. I think the bottom of mine's starting to rust through ..."

He chattered all the way to the butcher he spoke of. Far from the only butcher in the market, this one was run by a red-scaled dragonborn woman who was currently rending rabbits in half with a cleaver. Riswald sauntered up to her and leaned against one of the stall's supports, flashing her his winsome smile. "What ho, Vyrapora. I'm in need of rations for a wee jaunt. Four people. Peppered ham, I'm thinking ..." Vyrapora rolled her eyes but began to assemble a pack for the scoundrel, consisting mostly of jerky strips and pieces of wet-cured ham. As she worked, Riswald regaled her with the details of their bounty. "Aye, Vyra, we're off to fight a dread naga. You'll sing my praises if I don't return, right?"

gl-49852-1475548715.jpg
Bodrik Sharp (played by RoyaleX318)

Riz may be good looking for a human, but Bodrik was a true ladies man. Dark gold locks of hair, and a stunning beard. And on his back was a powerful arcane bow called Netherstrand, it was a recurved bow with a small pouch starched to the top.

The pouch was a secondary bowstring. There was an Arcane Archer's Bowstring currently strung and in the pouch was a Frostwind Bow String! The Frostwind string was designed to turn one arrow into a small storm of icicle arrows but it only worked once a day so he kept the Arcane string strung for every day use.

Bodrik listened to his friend talk for the most part and stopped at Alan's Arrow shop ((Human)) before heading to the butcher, picking up two quivers worth he headed next door to meet Riz once more. "Got about forty arrows for the trip south, just need some booze and I'll be ready to go..."

tumblr_mhi8ap0A981ql2lfco1_500.gif

Riswald and Bodrik finish their supply run and return with everything they needed, your amounts of money are bellow... Back at the guild hall everyone is ready to head out. You now have to decide whether you travel two days by boat for 15 Gold for your entire group, or walk the week to Riverton, the choice is yours.

rolled 1d20 and got 9
Riswald's Gold Amount

rolled 1d20 and got 3
Bodrik's Gold Amount

rolled 2d20 and got 22
Dun Ro's Gold Amount

rolled 2d20 and got 20
Xylia's Gold Amount

Xylia Sorrowwynd (played by Bookworm)

Xylia clenched onto her gold purse as she made her way back to the guild hall. A reason for why she didn't like the city she was in, was everything was so high to purchase from the market, such as potions and poisons. Luckily, she had enough to buy a healing kit, which would do if her healing spells for minor wounds failed her. Even still, she lost a good amount of her money and was left with 20, but it was better than being broke.

With a cheery whistle, she entered the hall and took a seat in a wooden chair. Pocketing the little pouch, she then proceeded to run her fingers through her hair before looking around her as she waited for the rest to join her, excitement boiling inside her as she thought of the new grand adventure.

Riswald flirted a little more with the dragonborn butcher, who tolerated his presence with a wan, fangy smile. Once she had finished packing up his purchase, he paid her and headed on his way. The scoundrel made one or two more stops to pick up hardtack and some parcels of dried apples and raisins, then continued back to the guildhall with a much lighter purse. Before he joined the beastmasters, he was used to having barely a copper to his name, so though he only had a small handful of gold left, he felt like he was on top of the world.

"Afternoon, m'lady," Rizz called cheerfully to Xylia as he came in with his arms full of supplies. He set them down on the central table to be divied up among their packs later. He couldn't resist digging in a little early, however--he pulled back the wax paper around the meats, grabbed a piece of pepper ham, and stuck it into his mouth. "Mmmmm, ish good."

Thankfully he chewed and swallowed before speaking again. "What do you think, Xylia? Should we walk or take the barge?"

"Well I'd prefer we took the river, but I'm kinda broke... too many rune stones and liquor bottles cleared me out." Bodrik was siting at one of the inside tables using an odd dagger to carve a new rune into Netherstrand. After finishing he sheathed the strange dagger and buried it in his bag.

Pulling out a small piece of paper he touched the rune stone to the bow and read the enchantment aloud transferring the spell from the rune stone into Netherstrand! "Ever seen an arrow turn into a ball of fire? Well you will later," he smiled tossing the empty rune stone in the trash bin.
Dun Ro (played by Thirtytwopickup)

(Just updating everyone that I am still here. Researching in the library and whatnot)
Xylia Sorrowwynd (played by Bookworm)

Xylia hummed softly at them, thinking for a moment. "I suppose we can walk. The Naga might have a scheme to sabotage us when on water." She answered with a smile, placing her fingers under her chin. "Unless our brilliant doctor has a plan."

Riswald listened to his companions' opinions. He didn't care much either way, but he had so precious little coin left that it'd be a shame to waste it on the barge. "Five days isn't so long," he said cheerfully. "We'll just have to stretch our legs a bit, get some exercise." He leaned against the back of an unoccupied chair. "Gonna leave on the morrow, then? S'pose I should get my packs in order ..."

The Beast Masters Library isn't especially big, however there are a good deal of books on Wyverns, nagas, and other scaled beasts of land, sea, and sky! Naga's have three different books on them.....

Book 1: Necrotic Bones- Raised by Necromancers and while they are weaker then other Nagas, they can't be destroyed. Only by defeating the Necro-Mage whom cast it can you destroy it. Some powerful Necromancers can cast two even three Bone Nagas at once! They have no venom but that doesn't mean you can't be torn apart by the razor sharp rib bones. ((Continue Reading?))

Book 2: Dark Spirit- Able to dominate people, sometimes even small villages, these evil, hateful creatures that have very potent venom that is almost incurable except by.... peculiar, Snow Lilies from the Voden Kingdom very rare here, Salt Wood from the Sea Garden Swamp not super common, and Star Spice which is very common here. ((Continue Reading?))

Book 3: Green Guardian- As powerful if not more powerful then Spirit Nagas, however instead of drawing their power from vengeance and evil spirits they read. Spirit Nagas are wise and kind, there have been stories of travelers meeting these creatures but as I the author of these books being a Naga myself I have only known one.... my father was a wise Guardian as am I, if you ever have more questions I live in the.... ((The rest of these pages are torn out.))

Book two sounded like the Naga we are dealing with, but knowledge is power. I will read both books.

Book 1: Nectrotic Bones- Information about known Bone Naga Necromancers, their names, their crimes, their technics of summoning, and eventually the heroes who defeated these Bone Naga summoners. But the Necromancers all had something in common, they each held a conduit of power. A reddish black scale attached to a necklace or staff or ring to conjure the power from. The book shows drawings of the most famous uses of the Shadow Scales and the Necromancers who used them, it takes you about four or five hours to finish reading this book.

Book 2: Dark Spirit- Most of the rest of the book is about the black rising. An ancient red and black Scaled Naga known by the name Creed, heroes killed him over and over again but each time he was killed he returned within in week from the ashes of his old body. And he got stronger each time, until a Guardian Naga gave them a special weapon that could kill it.... The weapon wielder was a beautiful white haired woman named Wintrana however the weapon isn't described. The author goes on about Wintrana's beauty a bit more however before the book ends, it takes you five or six hours to get through this knowledge.

After a few hours of waiting a drinking Bodrik sighs, "Alright I'm done waiting, Riz go get your doctor pal... or I'll do it." Bodrik hadn't worked with him before but bringing a doctor with giant snakes as the enemy was the smart idea. "We could all go, make a fun little trip upstairs to the library."

Less than he had hope, but more than nothing. Such is the way of research.

As long as he was in the library, he may as well spend all night here. He studied on the everything he could related to the mission. The town he was visiting, the topography of the surrounding area, herbal lore, monster activity, even birth and death records. It was quite a task, but a day's time can be a lot to a man with the knowledge of the library he had.

Riverton, Kingdom of Eden
The town sits along a long river call Salt Scar River that runs north east to south west dividing twice before reaching the town itself. It is two days by boat, which will be the easiest and safest route to take.

A large orchard lays west of the large town, apples, pears, fresh fruit is Riverton's main export. The population is a few hundred people, men are fishers and inn keepers, women are fruit gatherers and quilt seamstresses. The population is about 50% (Low born) Dragonborn, 40% (low born) humans, and 10% Misc.... you fall asleep reading.

medieval_town_map_big.jpg

Bodrik must have passed out at the bar, the next morning he goes into the library and wakes up the Doctor alone. "Hey Doc, come on we gotta get going... the more time wasted here is more lives lost in Riverton!"

The Doctor woke with a start. He found the many half finished book strewn around him, and cursed himself for wasting his valuable time.

"Buggery and Damnation!"

He quickly covers his mouth remembering he is in a library.

"You're right, Let's get moving"

Riswald had actually been quite responsible and arranged all his supplies last night. His boots were hobnailed and polished, his armor oiled, his bedroll tightly rolled, and his bag packed. Everything was laid out neatly at the foot of his bed. When morning came, he rose and dressed himself in comfortable attire and pulled on a quilted gambeson.

Shouldering his pack, Riswald headed back to the common room to await the others. He wasn't an early riser, and so was surprised to see that he was the first one ready. All the more time to break my fast before armoring up, he thought, heading to get toast and jam from the kitchen workers. With crumbs on his face, he went to the armory, where he buckled on his patchwork leather-and-ring armor. His buckler was lashed to his belt and he carried his falchion rested in a frog. Then it was back to the common room to wait for the others.

Bodrik lead the Doc out to the common room, "common doc, no more reading finish packing we leave in twenty minutes...." If the doc refuses to leave the library Bodrik will take the book he is reading and pocket it to give back once they are in the boat. If the doc follows then Bodrik sits down and gets some Guild Provided Breakfast!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » BeastMasters Guild

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus