Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » BeastMasters Guild

Xylia Sorrowwynd (played by Bookworm)

Xylia covered her mouth to hide a yawn as she entered the kitchen, her other hand running through her hair. Grabbing an apple, she returned to the common room and sat down at a table with her pack next to her. Seeing Riswald, she gave him a friendly smile and nod before returning to her apple. "So, you ready to go?" She asked, tossing the core of the apple away before putting on her scale bracers.
Riswald (played anonymously)

Riswald lounged in an armchair with his boots propped up on the table. At least they were clean. He was casually tossing one of his bone dice in the air and catching it again, over and over. He paused when Xylia entered and shot her a grin. "Good morrow, Zeels," he said. "Aye, I'm itching to put boot to road." He hears Bodrik chastising the doc, and his grin widens. "Maybe t'is a boon that I don't know how to read."
Dun Ro (played by Thirtytwopickup)

"I find practical experience tends to be more useful."

He neatly tucked away his book and grabbed a glass of fruit juice. He never enjoyed a heavy breakfast. Slowly drinking the sweet liquid, he slowly thought about how to progress based on what little research he could do.

"More of a supplement really. But not without its uses. I can't find a way to counter charm people under the naga's control, but I do have a recipe for a counter-venom"

He finished the rest of his drink in one final chug.

"Did any of you grab Star Spice, Salt Wood or Snow Lillies by any chance?"
Bodrik Sharp (played by RoyaleX318)

"No, but there is a spice vendor down the street on the way to the river docks," Bodrik thought, he knew Snow Lilies were from the elven nation far away from here, but he hadn't heard ofSalt Wood before. "Star Spice is easy, one Gold will buy you a small jar of it I believe."

"Zeels? My, I've never heard that before." She said, raising an eyebrow at him playfully before looking up to give the doctor and Bodrick a smile in greeting. "Good to see you two are up. Lovely day for travel, no?" She asked, standing up from her seat. She listened to the doctor's talk about his research then nodded her head once. "Snow Lilies are my favorite flowers, but sadly, they die so quickly and dry up so fast. I saw a few in a shop I was in, but I did not have enough to buy them. I didn't think they would be needed." She confessed, bowing her head before shouldering her pack onto her back. "What do you think we should do, doctor? Should we travel there on foot? Or by water?"
Riswald (played anonymously)

Riswald returned Xylia's smile. "Best get used to it." He figured they would be leaving soon, so he got to his feet to begin donning his armor. His padded gambeson was the deepest layer, then a long ringmail shirt that hung to his knees.

"Sorry doc," he said as he dressed. "I'm sure we can find some in the Brass Market, like they said." He didn't like the idea of having no way to resist the naga's charm, though. The scoundrel pulled his breastplate, with pauldrons attached, over his head and began buckling it all tight.
Dun Ro (played by Thirtytwopickup)

"I heard the flowers are fairly common. If we travel by land we will have some time to both collect reagents and observe the naga."

He poured himself another juice, apple this time, and drank deeply.

"A barge seems like we are painting a target on our back. Stealth through the woods, that sounds like a better option.
Dungeon Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

So the Soice is very common, you can buy it here. The Salt wood mulch will be harder to find but if one of you rolls a 15+ on a 1D20 I'll let you find it in the Brass Market. However the flowers are very rare here, no flower shop in the Brass Market would have it. They also aren't indigenous to this area so there is that...

As for travel, there is an orchard near the town, however the majority of travel will be through open fields, no real heavy forest area in this part of the Kingdom. So stealth will be difficult, but you will pass through the town of Bowbrook if you travel by foot. It'll be roughly a weeks travel in all, or a day and a half by boat.

Star Spice is 4gold for a jar, or 2gold for a vile. The Salt Wood Mulch can really only be purchased in big bags for 10gold each. And the more time you guys use up the more likely a rival Beastmasters Party will get there and take the contract for themselves. That will take longer thanks to Bodrik taking down the flyer but it's still a possibility...

Bodrik as a dwarf is resistant to poisons, he isn't motivated enough to search for the mulch... "Personally, target on our back or not I think taking the river is the best way to go, 20 or 25 gold is a small price to pay for the lives we save by ariving five days sooner." He finished his ale and packed his tankard away, "I know the lot of you want to walk but isn't saving lives why we joined this Guild?"

Nearby a new group of adventurers can be heard talking about Riverton and the Naga, it seems your lack of haste has allowed a secondary group of adventurers to plan an attack on the Naga, that's 10,000gp you could lose. Or rather the fifty fifty guild split, 1250gp per person you guys could miss out on!

Vince, Human Wizard
Weapon: Wand
Personality: Naive
Years in Guild: 2 1/2 Years

Brooke, Halfling Rogue
Weapon: Light Crossbow
Personality: Tricky
Years in Guild: 3 Years

Sedaar, Green Dragonborn Druid
Weapon: Staff
Personality: Timid
Years in Guild: 1 Years

Marak, White Dragonborn Cleric
Weapon: Mace
Personality: Sassy
Years in Guild: 10 Months

Xylia hummed to herself, lowering her eyes in thought. "Bodrick is right. And, we might beat the other party that might threaten our goal. If anything, we can 'abandon ship' before we make port. That way, we can stay hidden in the forest if we can."
Grulbag DoomHammer (played by Leviathan)

(Hey mind if I join with Grulbag)

"Well last time I was in Riverton, there wasn't a forest... just plains, and a pretty big apple orchard." Bodrik sighed, opening the door he began walking towards the Docks. "What I'm saying is there won't be any cover until we reach the town itself.... or at least the orchard!"
Grulbag DoomHammer (played by Leviathan)

A brutish looking orc comes from the east riding a magnificent black warg, he dismount the warg and speaks to it in a foreign tongue, the warg obeys and lays down he then faces Bodrik"What ye be doing around here fer, milkdrinker" he says in a low grumble

As Wargs are considered monsters the guard force fires arrows at your mount killing your aware as it attempts to lash out it wounds a guard but ultimately is killed... your surrounded now by 2D4+1 Guards and one of them ((a Copper Dragonborn with the tag, "Captain Ondaar")) yells "Orc drop your weapons!" You might have though or PMed the DM before riding such a beast into the capital city of a very militarized kingdom.

But the events fall before you, BeastMasters Guild, you see a orc before you. Knowing that half orcs are usually taken as indentured servants here in the Kingdom of Eden, you know this so a probable slave being attacked really isn't a place for Guild members to intervene.

(Edit: As per Gulbag's Permission) Gulbag was out raged at his worgs death and murdered the archer who killed his beastly friend, but the city guard took this chance to fill him with enough arrows to kill a small village and Gulbag was dead.... Bodrik please continue with the story as if this kind of slave uprising was relatively normal.

"Oh, you have been there?" Xylia asked, following after him but keeping a distance away to keep an eye on the other two. "Well then, we certainly have a guide then. How fortunate for us to have you, sir Bodrick." She said with a kind smile as she tied her whip around her waist. "I say, if you do as you say and shot both of this terrible monster's eyes for us, I will be one of the first to buy you a round of drinks." She said merrily, her step quickening.

"Who are you?" Bodrik asked, "just so you know I'm a guild member and we're not heading out to guide peasants like yourself from city to town to town, I'm off on a quest." As temping as the drinking was he already had a morning buzz and it was in the best interest of the party if he didn't drink anymore as he continued to the river Docks.

Poke

(I hope this is still going on. :3)

I'm still here

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » BeastMasters Guild

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus