Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bound by Fate

Ross Laforette (played by Ruu) Topic Starter

The Caster didn't had any time to waste. Once he had reached the Inn, the boy called for his father, not needing to explain too much about what he wanted to do. His father knew him too well, and besides, the old man had gone in his fair share of adventures for the love of his life, Ross' mother, meaning that he just couldn't say no. Happy to know that his father had accepted, Ross sprinted up to his room, quickly gathering everything that he could need, from clean clothes to even hidden daggers. Once he was done, the young Caster took his heavy bag on his shoulders, just to go downstairs and share part of his weight with Dex. The stallion didn't complain a little bit, but instead nuzzled the face of his owner. "I know, I know." He laughed, patting his forehead. "She's beautiful, isn't she?" The young man said while he offered his loyal friend a full bucket of fresh water, the animal not taking too long to drink the whole thing. After that, he simply climbed atop Dex, and headed towards the Temple, not wasting any time to find Lady Delacroix's office.

"...What are...where do you think you're going?" Murmured the woman as she lifted her gaze from the bunch of paperwork she had to do, not surprised, but rather annoyed of the situation before her eyes. Elizabeth, too, knew him too well, and she was sure that he was up to something. "I'm leaving." Simply said he with a wide smile, causing the blonde woman to frown deeply. "...You can't. You just can't leave your duties like this!" She yelled, slamming her palm against the desk. She knew why he wanted to leave. It was because of that...girl. What made her so special? She didn't know, nor she cared, but that offended her deeply. "I WON'T let you leave this city for just a...a mere bard!" The woman kept ranting, until she saw how Ross began to frown as well. The Southern Codex had a temper like her own...and they could argue aaaall day. "I'm not just leaving because I want to travel. I want to investigate something." He said in a serious tone, wich made the older Caster to calm down, and listen carefully. "Hmm? And what that might be?" She asked. "There is a manor deep in the forest, right between Tanosia and Cormad, right?" He asked, just trying ot make sure of what he was thinking. "...Well, yes. Why do you ask?" She murmured, amused and standing from her seat to get closer. "I had a dream. Maybe it was just that, a dream, but...this feeling...this thing in my chest...it tells me to go there. Anyways, I really should get going now. Lady Delacroix, if I don't send you a messenger in two days, you'll know something happened." He explained, bowing as usual, at wich the woman replied with lending her hand as he kissed the back of her palm. There was nothing else to be said. Except... "...And please, tell my mother everything will be fine." The young man whispered against her hand, just to turn around, and head out of the Temple, now trotting his way with Dex towards the gates, until he found the caravan once again.

"Okay, everything is ready! I didn't made you guys wait too much, did I?" He asked, scratching the back of his head as he smiled, this being a sort of...apology, in a sense.
Aurora was there waiting, and she smiled as he came. "No, you didn't. It's fine." She would hop onto the caravan, but Crow spoke up. "Aura, why don't you save us some room here and ride with Ross on his horse? We can put some of his belongings on here." Aurora blinked. "Well, I suppose it would be better on the horse to have less weight." She looked at Ross. "Is that alright with you?" If it was, they would begin moving his things onto the caravan. Then Aurora mounted the horse, settling herself behind Ross. Her arms wrapped around his waist lightly to hold herself there. Falling would be a bad thing, after all.

"Just follow the caravan and we'll be fine. Are you sure you want to do this, Ross?" It was a big life change for him.

The Caster didn't understood the logic of the bard. The cart had plenty of space. Why would they need more? That was, whe nthe realization of Crow's plan struck in his mind. "Y-yeah, sure! Why not!" He laughed nervously, getting off of Dex to take the bags that hung by the sides of the saddle, and neatly put them in a corner of the cart.

After that, the young caster turned to climb on the stallion once again, not even needing to help Aura (Although he wanted to), as she got up on her own. Of course, if she was a traveling bard, that was one of the many, many things she could do by now--aaand that was when he felt her arms wrapping around his waist, making the Caster flinch on the post, and tense his entire frame. Even Dex felt him doing so, since he even looked back to check what was going on, just to release a snort, thing that could be a laugh in horse language, and begin to trot right behind the caravan as they began to move. Moments ago he was thinking about this drastic change he had choosen, but...Heck, now all those thoughts mattered little to him. "Huh? W..Why wouldn't I? Or...do you actually want me to have second thoughts?" He teased with a nervous smirk. "This is what I want, Aura. if it weren't for...these things, I would be traveling around the world with my parents to this day." The young man explained, pointing at those marks over both of his biceps.
Aurora felt him tense up beneath her touch. "Ross? Are you sure this is okay? If it makes you uncomfortable, I can get on the caravan.." She was worried that he wasn't comfortable. "Are things alright back there, you two?" Crow turned a little to look over at them. "Better behave, you two." he teased. Aurora laughed softly. "Of course, Crow. I don't think there's any trouble we can get into, really." She would keep her arms a little closer around him, trying to stay on the horse.

Ross inhaled deeply, softly, slowly sighing afterwards to calm his nerves. "No no no! I'ts okay, don't worry! I'm fine, Aura." He said with a smile, this one turning into a deep frown as Crow poked his head from a side of the caravan, clearly mad, but thankful at the same time about his...'smart' idea.

After they got out of the city, there was nothing but miles, and miles of green pasture, the plains waving like the ocean with the cool breeze of the morning. One or another farm could be counted, along with a few passing travelers, merchants, and soldiers on their posts. It was all new to him. He had seen it from the top floor of the Inn, sure, but...not this close. "So...Aura." He suddenly said, looking slightly back. "What's your story? I'm not asking about you being a caster, just so you know."
Aurora relaxed, holding onto Ross as they rode along. "My story? Well, I used to live in a small village that was far, far away from any other place. Pretty isolated. But there was a group of raiders that would often come to our village. We were a constant source of supplies for them. So we had to give them a certain amount of our crops each year, and in return they wouldn't attack us." She sighed softly and leaned her head against his back. "But....we had a very bad crop one harvest. There wasn't even enough for the village. So when the raiders came, we gave them nothing. They burnt the village to the ground and took us younger ones as slaves. They had to move on to a new place, since their source of supplies was gone. That was how I was able to escape."

"When I made it to the closest town from where I escaped, I had nothing with me. I had no money, no food. Crow found me and took me in. I've been with them ever since." She smiled softly. "I'm glad that Crow took me in. We made up this group with Adam, and we've been traveling together ever since."

It was better if he hadn't ask, Ross thought. Honestly, he was also about to say that she had luck, but there was no luck on having her hometown burnt down. It was just plain horrible, no matter how he saw it. "...I see." He barely managed to say, clearly a little bit pained about it. There was nothing else to ask about.

"Well, uhm...I was born, and grew up in Tanosia." He began his own tale, trying to change to another subject. "I was just your regular kid of the bunch, until one day, Lady Delacroix walked in our home. She was just a rookie back then, but she was the one to see and confirm that I was a Caster, although...I don't know why, but I get the feeling that my mother already knew." He pondered, just to laugh and shrug off the thought. "I began my training when I was just eight years old, and at thirteen, I was toe to toe with another Casters. Even though I was given the status of the Southern Codex, I feel like a novice sometimes. Not everything turns out like I want it to be." The young man ended, not saying anything else for a while.

"Hey, now that I remember..." Ross suddenly murmured, looking slightly back to check on Aurora. "If we are going to cross the forest to reach the city of the merchants, there is an abandoned manor where we could rest for the night. It's not a creepy abandoned ruin. It's pretty well kept, and it is a public, historical monument. How about it, Crow?" He then said, hurring Dex's pace a little so he could trot at the side of the cart.
Aurora listened to him with a smile on her face. She was curious about him. This other Caster. She was very interested in listening to his tale, and when he finished, she chuckled softly. "Nothing turns out how we truly want it to be. But that is the spice of life. If everything happened how we wanted it, life would be boring."

Crow looked back at them and nodded. "That sounds like a good idea, Ross. Why don'tcha lead on? We'll follow here and once we get to this manor, we'll all stop to rest." Aurora smiled. "That sounds like a good idea. It's hard for me to stay still for long." She laughed softly and closed her eyes. She was happy. She got to spend time with a fellow Caster, someone as kind as Ross too.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bound by Fate

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus