Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat:Tempus Rulers

Azazel Rutela Black (played by Laineie) Topic Starter

Azazel slowly traced the curve of her horns. "Hmmm, Hmm..." she smiled at them. "I'll give you two. Lets see..." She chewed the inside of her cheek, looking around the garden for inspiration as she decided what to ask them.

"The first one-" she seated her hips, her dress swirling around her knees. "What word with five letters sounds exactly the same if you take away every letter after the first one?" she asked. "And the second one... When is a brown dog with white spots most likely to go into a house?" she asked, twirling her fingers. "Take all the time you need."
Team AMBR (played by FreeJayFly)

Beryl had come over as soon as the last question was posed to her other two teammates, and she grinned before patting Melan on the back with a laugh. This almost caused the Faunus to drop his food, which caused the male to shoot a glare Beryl's way.

"That one's easy! Melan comes whenever there's food he can sniff out! But the door has to be open before that invitation to food. Kind of like your castle gates; look at'im!" Beryl chortled, jerking a thumb at the copious amounts of meats that Mel had on his plate.

Amber was also not very appreciative of the comments from Beryl, but she remained more on task with the riddles. While she did not really understand the dog question, not really being a pet person nor having interest, she did think about the first riddle.

After a moment or two, it clicked.

"Would it be... queue? It's both a letter and a word, which would fall under the logic of sounding the same when all other letters are taken from the first..." Amber said, applying logic to her answer rather than trying to be funny at one of her teammate's expense.
Monokuma (played anonymously)

Pumpkin, the sentient, er, well, pumpkin, hopped through the gates that night, a puzzling sight for all. If Pumpkin were to spread the festivities of Halloween throughout the extended Multiverse, Pumpkin would hop through every single last wormhole to do so. Which was why he was here now, other than to obtain sweets, of course.

Azazel clapped her hands together. "Yes, Yes!" she said, smilling at them. She twirled her fingers, two rolled scrolls appeared between her fingers, which she offered to Beryl and Amber with a good natured bow of her head.

"What about you?" she asked gently, smiling at Melan. "Would you like to try to answer your own for a prize?"

Ambria and Beryl reached out for the proffered scrolls. Beryl seemed a little more excited for the prize, where the pig-tailed young woman seemed a little more apprehensive.

"I would like to give it a shot, sure! I kind of got my first chance stolen from me..." Melan said, glancing again to Beryl with a frown. He then put his full attention upon Azazel and he perked his ears forward in anticipation for the question.

As Melan waited, it seemed that Rohan finally made his way inside, if not only for a glass of punch. He was sipping from the cup as he noticed the other three. He then made his way over, waving to the mysterious woman that they were with.

"Oh hey, you guys are actually just right there close to the entrance, How convenient!" Rohan commented, nearing them and then smiling to the masked woman before them all.

"And a pleasure it is to make your acquaintance, fair lady..." Rohan greeted Azazel in particular, giving a gracious bow to her. However, his actions only caused Beryl to roll her eyes at him. Even she did not ham up the flirting when she came across what could only be described as lovely women.

Azazel crossed her arms in an X over her chest, the green glittering gem just visible in the triangle between her forearms, bowing her head slightly to Rohan. "And an equal pleasure to meet you as well, my child." she said gently. "Alright,"

She turned her smile on Melan. "This one is all for you... choose which way is the correct way. The white of anegg is yellow, or the white of a egg is yellow?" she asked, folding her hands together and resting them near her thighs. "Any ideas?"

Rohan gave a smile in response to Azazel when she did her own form of greeting. When she turned her attention back to the Faunus of the four, Rohan fell silent. It seemed that he happened to walk in on something that they were doing or speaking about. His eyes flicked to the scrolls that both Beryl and Ambria held, then simply watched.

Meanwhile, Melan thought about the question for a while. He mulled over it, thinking about how this was a riddle, per se. He remembered something about the differences between 'a' and 'an' and when to use them.

A couple seconds would pass, and Melan would knit his brow in thought. He considered more of 'a' and 'an' before putting together words in his head and then thinking that this riddle was more of a grammatical question.

"I, um... sorry, it took me a moment. I never actually gave it that much thought till now. I don't think I've ever heard 'a' egg, or a stressed 'a' in front of any word that starts with a vowel..." Melan started rather truthfully. He seemed to take a little after Amber when it concerned his attempted logic and reasoning.

"But I have always heard 'an' in front of words that begin with a vowel most of the time," Melan continued. His ears then perked up with anticipation as he looked to Azazel. "Is... is that correct?"

She flinched, pulling a pretend-shocked face under the black lace mask. "O-Oh, oh?" she fanned her hands a little towards him. "Are you sure?" she asked. "Are you sure youre sure?" she asked stressfully. "Think about it for just a minute. You can ask your friends, too, if you like." she gestured toward them for Melan.

"And it's alright if you get it wrong, you can try another later."

Almost immediately, Melan's ears sunk back and he looked back to Ambria for reassurance. She was always the one who helped everyone else out in the group with their homework. Surely she would have been the best to consult for this.

With a sigh, Amber gave a small nod to Melan and he then turned back to Azazel.

"If Ambria reassures me, then I trust her! I'll stick with my original proclamation!" Melan said with a sense of conviction. All of it seemed rather comical, however, when you considered he had both his hands full and little flecks of food at either side of his lips.

Azazels face fell. "Oh... I'm so sorry, sweetheart..." She said quietly, shaking her head. "Ah... The whites of an egg arent yellow. It was meant to be misleading." She said, sounding embarrassed. Rosy patches appeared in her cheeks. "You can try another one later, okay? You get a break to enjoy yourself.

In that moment, Melan's ears drooped back once more out of his own embarrassment for not catching it. Little did he know, Amber was experiencing her own form of realisation when she thought over the question and how it was presented once more. The strangeness of the grammar and how it bothered her definitely threw her off originally.

"Aw, well... alright. Thanks anyways! I guess I'll come back later when I'm ready for the new one," Melan went ahead and said. He took another couple bites of the meat from the somewhat neglected haunch he had been holding.

"Just goes to show that you can't rely on the team leader all the time~" There was a sense of teasing in Rohan's voice as he spoke, and Melan could only really give him a scowl of disapproval.

Ambria, too, put a hand on Rohan's shoulder to halt him from pressing further with any verbal teasing and chastising. Once it seemed he got the message, the brunette looked down into her hands at the scroll received, and she went ahead to open it.

Following the team leader's example, Beryl went ahead and did the same.

Just what were these scrolls, and why were they prizes, exactly...?

Azazel smiled smugly at Rohan. "What is it that you need most in the long run?" she asked sweetly. "Thats your question."

She smiled at Ambria and Beryl. "You probs my won't understand what those say..." she said quietly. They were both large circular runes drawin in green ink. One was app is into six symmetrical parts and done in the design of a flower, the lines of the petal formed with miniscule nonsensical writing. The other was a circle split into four symetrical parts and seemed to resemble a snowflake, drawn in dots.

"Over there, you see those men by the fires? The blacksmiths? Give them the scrolls, if you want your prizes now. If you dont, then just take them home and throw them in a fire. Once the fire goes out, you'll have some sort of enchanted trinket. Its an old custom in my kingdom." She smiled at them.

Both Beryl and Ambria looked over to where Azazel pointed toward. Sure enough, there were the blacksmiths -- which made Amber question more about this castle. Though she remained silent, she did look back to the masked woman before giving a bow of thanks.

"Hey, thanks! I'm really curious to see what this is about! And, uh... she's grateful, too. Just uncomfortable," Beryl thanked before watching as Ambria separated herself from the crowd to turn in the scroll.

"I wouldn't say uncomfortable, she just doesn't like speaking too much," Melan went ahead to say. It was obvious that the team was kind of ignoring Rohan now that he managed to get himself a riddle of his own.

Rohan was thinking about it, and seemed a little bit confused by it. Was it food? Was it water? What would someone need in the long run? The long run of what? Life? An adventure?

However, Melan looked over and gave what seemed to be a playful nudge to the larger teammate.

"Good luck, Red," Melan mock cheerfully said, also separating himself from Rohan's presence to go back to the tables in order to get his food taken care of more appropriately.

It seemed the only person that stayed was Beryl, who had rolled the scroll back up and was idly twirling it with her fingers as she watched Rohan. It did not really look like anything was clicking or coming to mind with the question. Admittedly, Beryl was not getting anything, either... not that she was going to step in this time and steal this question away from him like she apparently did with Melan.

Several more seconds would pass before Rohan finally spoke: "It... wouldn't happen to be a heartbeat, would it? That's the only thing that I can think of without a lot of context."

"Not really... The answer is 'your breath'." She waved at Rohan. "Perhaps try again later? Maybe the Team Leader will be able to give you some much needed guidance then... I think it would be beneficial to you." she gave him a simpering smile, then a genuine one at Beryl.

Were Rohan less timid and shy than either Melan or Ambria, he might have had a smidgen of expressed shame in his face. He kind of gave a shrug and looked to the ground before looking to Beryl with a bit of a 'what can you do' look. He then smiled to the woman that gave the riddles and gave a grin.

"Perhaps it would be ideal!" Rohan simply said at first, balling his hands and pressing his knuckles at either side of his hips with a rather self-confident pose. "And I'll accept your offer of a riddle at a later time. I'm sure I can get whatever you have prepared for me the next we play this game."

"False confidence is always key with you, innit...." Beryl muttered under her breath with a bit of a snort of amusement.

"Sorry Beryl, did you say something?" Rohan asked, looking to the blonde briefly.

"Just how I wanted to get this scroll turned in to see what it holds~" Beryl lied, twirling away for a moment then skipping off to go toward the blacksmiths that Azazel pointed out before. She got there just as Ambria was handing her scroll off.

Waving her scroll happily, Beryl went and got it handed in as well.

Now, it seemed, all there was left to do was wait.

The blacksmiths made sure the scrolls were rolled tightly. One dealt with both Beryl and Ambrias scrolls. He had his longish curly brown hair ties back in a sweaty pontyail, and stubble on his strong jawline. He was thickset with a heavy leather apron tied around his burly chest, and what was visible of his arms beneath chainmail and wool gloves was burned after years of forgework.

When Ambrias scroll was dropped into his crackling firepit, it threw up golden sparks several feet into the air. After around thirty seconds, the humming Smith picked up a pair of tongs and rooted around in the embers for a few minutes, before plucking something out and dashing it into a barrel of water. He left it to cool while he dropped Beryls scroll in.

While Beryls scroll cooked (throwing up a heavy pilar of turquoise colored smoke), he retrieved Ambrias prize, shining it with a fine red silken cloth then offering it out to her on the cloth. It was a circular golden medalion, in four equal sections. It was embedded with many large red stones, but looked rather simply made for all of its shining splendor.
9YjCsP3.jpg

"Ah... You've got a spell of guiding on this, lass." he said, setting it gently down on the table as he removed Beryls prize and put it in the water. "Those sorts of things are said to raise your intuition about direction and locations better by tenfold." he waited for a moment, then pulled out Beryls prize, shining it for a moment with a white cloth before presenting it to her.
lDqLCaz.jpg

"This has a... What is this, a spell of fortune? Yeah. It's said to increase your luck in times of great need, normally in the form of money. Money can buy everything that you need to get happiness." he smiled at the both of them. "Anything else?"

"Ha hah! That it sure does, my man~" Beryl chortled, taking up the brilliant charm and turning it over to watch it sparkle in the lights. There was a rather awe-inspired grin as Beryl continued to marvel and look at the item gained.

As for Ambria, she flipped the medallion over in her hands, then looked carefully at the rhinestones that were decorated upon it. She was actually quite impressed with this trinket for sure. Wrapping it up in the red silk it was presented on, Amber gingerly placed it within her coat's jacket in order to keep it safe.

As for the man's question, however....

"This is it for us two.... But we have two others that have accompanied us that may arrive at some point this evening..." Ambria said in a soft tone. But, to illustrate her words, she spotted both Rohan and Melan out where she remembered them and pointed to them.

"I'm not sure when they'll be here... or if they will... but it is a possibility...." Amber went on to say before looking back up at the big man that took care of their scrolls and prizes.

"Also... thank you for tending to mine and my teammates' scrolls. May the rest of the eve ring in brilliance for you..." Ambria thanked, giving a small bow and leaving to sit next to Melan at his rather lonely looking table.

"Oh! Right! Thanks a lot, sir! These little charms and trinkets are really awesome prizes for sure! This was so worth coming out here for -- and it's such a generous gift for these festivities! Thanks; for real!" Beryl excitedly chirped after Ambria met up with their Faunus teammate.

"... A-and that's it for me, too! Thanks again! Good eve to you!" came Beryl's afterthought of manners before she skipped off to find another gaggle of girls that she could perhaps talk with before the night was over and Team AMBR had to return home.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat:Tempus Rulers

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus