Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » (1x1 for Yami)

Maxie (played by TheLily)

Maxie stood, wearing loose grey sweat pants and a sports bra. Ear buds were settled into her ears, an iPod in her hand. She was leaning forward slightly, breathing hard, sweat making her skin shimmer under the light of the overcast sky. She looked tired, but comfortable.

She grabbed her left leg and pulled it up behind her, stretching while she reached for her waterbottle on her hip. She wore a fanny pack, the belt of it holding a waterbottle and a place for her iPod and cellphone.

Shaking her brown hair out of her eyes, she looked at the cafe down the road, pulling a thin t-shirt out of the fanny pack as she headed that way.
Yami (played by Amirrora)

On the mortal plains once more, Yami walked down a path, turning onto a nearby street near a cafe.
To most people, he would look like an ordinary person, just dressed a bit odd and with a so-called 'trendy' hair style.

No one would really know, that he was a God of olden lore in this new age.

He ran a hand through his hair as he walked, turning towards the cafe, pausing as he saw a woman down the road. He found himself entranced with her. She seemed like a hard worker, with her casual clothing and sweat-ridden body. She seemed to be heading to the nearby cafe. He debated on joining her and starting up a talk. He tended to not get involved with mortals, but this one seemed different somehow.
Maxie (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

Maxie turned behind her, looking for her wallet, which wasn't in her fanny pack. She frowned, looking around, not seeing it. She looked up the road, trying to remember if she had brought it with her. It didn't occur to her that it was in her pocket, rather than the pack. She groaned, thinking about how far back on that run she might have lost it.

She shook her head, pulling out her cellphone, texting someone to bring her money.

Yami noticed the girls predicament, gently walking up and pushing down her cellphone, reaching into her pocket and handing her the wallet in his mysterious way of doing things.

"You didn't lose it. None the less, if you'd like to go to the cafe, I'll gladly bring you there for a break on your jog. You look like you could use a break." He explained simply. He wasn't the best at being 'normal' in social standards.

Maxie looked at him for a moment, "Oh, uh, sure." She stumbled over the words, inspecting his handsome face. She didn't know what to make of him, wallet in her hand. She reached to open the door, "I'm Maxie. What's your name?" She seemed a bit overwhelmed by his presence.

Yami chuckled a bit, "My name is Yami." He replied simply. He found the girls flusteredness amusing to say the least, used of most people just giving him weird looks.
He watched as she went in, holding the door a she was half-way in to let himself in.

"You would probably prefer a smoothie or something healthy of that nature after such a jog I'm guessing?

Maxie nodded, "Yes, I generally get one with blueberries and raspberries." She frowned lightly, "What about you? What are you going to get?" She smoothed her t-shirt, her breathing having dropped to a normal rate. She checked her watch, and then her pulse, finding herself blushing. She wasn't even sure why. Maybe it was the way he just took charge - she wasn't used to that. Most men were intimidated by her, or too young.

She found her place in line, smoothing her hair next, making sure it wasn't flying away too badly on her.

Yami was pleased with his correct guess. Once making contact, less information was available to him about any given person since technically they had linked fates. When asked about what he was going to get, he looked thoughtful, "I suppose I'll get the same." He got in line with her, and when it was their turn, he took out a large wad of cash, not the best at figuring out how much things were and put it on the counter, "Two blueberry and raspberry smoothies please."

The guy stared at him, "...I-i don't think we have change for that much sir."
Yami blinked a bit, "Oh, keep it all." He said simply.
He must have put a couple hundred dollars down.

The man was shocked but didn't argue, rushing to try and make the smoothies.

Maxie's jaw dropped. She didn't know what to make of this man, but suddenly she wondered if he was trying to impress her, or if he was just generous. She supposed it could be true. It wasn't impossible. Besides, she could find out fairly quickly if he was a jerk, or if he was nice.

As the smoothies were being made, she picked out a spot to sit, mentally marking the best view of the street as well as close to the exit. She wanted to be able to get out if he turned out to be a weirdo. She smiled at him as their order came up and she picked up her smoothie and sat in her chosen seat, "So, what do you do for work Yami?" She couldn't help but notice how blue his eyes were. How beautiful.

Yami noticed her jaw drop and frowned thinking he had made a mistake of some sort.
He couldn't just say, hey I'm a God, I don't know human economy very well~! He sighed a bit.

When their smoothies came up, he took his and came and sat down across from her.
"Work?... Well, it's a tad hard to explain... I guess the best way to explain it would be an overseer? Uhh, manager maybe...?" He seemed a bit confused himself, seeming like he was doing his very best to explain something well. "I'm sort of foreign to this place, so forgive me if my behaviour is a tad strange." That part was true, he was foreign to the Mortal plains.

He smiled at her a bit, she was a lovely young lady. Seemed to love athletics, cared for her body... much different than most women of this era.

Maxie smiled softly, "Oh, well, then that explains that." She laughed some, her eyes sparkling. She wasn't laughing at him, though. It was something else that made it amusing to her. She took a long drink, swallowing, "I teach phys ed at McKinley High. Not exactly a glamorous job, or anything, but it gets the bills paid."

She looked out at the street for a moment, thinking of something smart to say, "Your eyes are the clearest blue I've ever seen. Did you get that from your mom or dad?"

Yami smiled a bit awkwardly, he wasn't used to such conversations, and didn't like twisting the truth. He supposed if he did get involved with the woman, he'd explain things eventually.

"Physical Education is a wonderful thing for young minds." Yami commented, finding it impressive that she did such a thing for a living. "It can also be fun if you yourself enjoy it."

Yami was a bit surprised at the comment about his eyes, "...Well... technically it was decided to be that way..." He explained slowly. He hoped she'd assume he was a test tube baby or something from his words.

Maxie nodded slowly, her mouth in a line. It seemed to be a sore spot for him, so she dropped it, "I love teaching. I get to spend all day playing games with these kids, encouraging them to work hard. It's nice. It makes me feel like all the hard work I put into college was worth it." She paused, thinking of another question, "So, what brings you here? Since you're not from around here. Where abouts are you from, anyhow?"

Why are you asking so many annoying questions, Maxie? The little voice in the back of her head reminded her how annoying she usually was making her wish she could just shut up.

Yami was thinking at this point.. She's asking so much I don't know how to explain. He thought, not wanting to tell her right away. He wanted to get to know the woman before revealing what he was. Afterall, people did seem to react differently to a God than another human.

"It does sound like it would be a lot of fun." Yami replied with a smile.

However at the next question he hesitated. "It's... difficult to explain." Yami replied slowly, "It's very far away from here, and it's very reclusive. I doubt you've heard of it, it's not on a map." He explained. He sipped at his smoothie, a bit startled by the coldness. Since eating was an option and luxury for him, the cold and wet substance to his mouth startled him a bit.

Maxie nodded slowly, taking in this information, "How about this, you ask me questions. I seem to be asking all of the wrong ones, and you seem a touch uncomfortable." She took a moment to suck back half of her smoothie. She wondered if she had done something to offend him yet. She was used to that.

Daft, is the term, she thought bitterly, No one wants to date a girl who can barely spell her own name and doesn't know how to add unless she's given a ball and a scoring system.

Yami smiled a bit, "Alright.." He sipped slowly at the smoothie, surprised at her sucking back half of hers. "You're a physical education teacher, you enjoy working out, and enjoy health food." He repeated slowly.

"What other things are you interested in? You seem like a fascinating young lady."

Yami wasn't the judgemental type, and found the girl fascinating. Actually, he enjoyed someone with less education as then he could explain things more. He loved to explain things and teach people in a way, pass on his own knowledge.

Maxie took a moment to collect her thoughts, "I like hunting, but I've never actually shot anything. Caving, camping, hiking. Basically, anything physical. I don't really do "smart" things, so much. I do read sometimes, but it's usually boring for me. I like horror movies..." She trailed off, wondering if he would take off now. She sounded like a dolt, "Not that I don't like to do those things, it's just, it's hard work for me. Does that make sense? I didn't let my grades drop, but you better believe I worked long nights. I'm not a quitter."

Yami smiled. She was honest. He liked that.
He also couldn't help but find her attractive. She was simplistic, but it had a beauty in a woman who didn't cover herself with fake minerals on her face. Who cared for her body and just enjoyed life.

"I see. I enjoy exploring nature myself as well. Camping, hiking, caving. Things like that are wonderful ways to spend your free time." He replied with a kind look.
He reached across the table and touched her hand lightly.

"You don't need to try to cover anything up. You are fine as you are. You are a beautiful person. Don't think that you need smarts for that or anything. As long as you enjoy life, it's fine."

Maxie blushed, "Oh, uh, thank you." She brushed her hair over her shoulder, "So, uh, you like caving too? I don't meet many people who are interested in it. Especially since the closest caving system is a five hour drive away." She laughed softly, "A lot of people aren't interested if it's not right there for them." She paused, sipping her drink.

"Besides, being in the dark scares most people."

Yami nodded, "I enjoy exploring the things nature has to offer us." He replied and smiled.
"Some caves hide very beautiful ecosystems within them. I assume you've seen glow worms plenty of times if it's a hobby. An underground field of starlight." He finished his smoothie finally.

"If you'd like, perhaps we can go together sometime. I'm not afraid of the dark. I find it soothing."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » (1x1 for Yami)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus