Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » How to art?

Hello!

I used to draw a lot when I was younger, but high school and university pretty much took all of my time, so I stopped at one point. I now miss it a lot, and I'd really like to be able to draw my characters as well!

What I am looking for is tutorials. I was hoping that some of you in here might help me by linking to tutorials, that can help me get back into drawing. I'd much prefer image tutorials to video tutorials, because that is what helped me get started drawing as a kid, and I'd somehow like to pick it up the same way.
I want to start with human characters, and preferably not anything too anime/manga-ish.

I really hope someone can help me find some good tutorials, or otherwise just offer me some advice :D

Thanks a bunch!
Sanne Moderator

I highly recommend: http://artists.pixelovely.com for its drawing tools. It focuses on gestures but you can do more detailed studies on models of both sexes, fully clothed and/or nudes only. Expressions, hands and feet also get special attention in it as they are often problem areas.
Penholder Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
I highly recommend: http://artists.pixelovely.com for its drawing tools. It focuses on gestures but you can do more detailed studies on models of both sexes, fully clothed and/or nudes only. Expressions, hands and feet also get special attention in it as they are often problem areas.

Thanks! I'll check it out right away :D
I've been trying to learn to draw recently, and will pick it back up after things settle down (and hopefully find where the tutorial book went). I checked my favorites and I have these tutorials and references that I found below.

Drawing from the shoulder versus drawing from the wrist.
List of 50 tutorials and techniques for drawing.
A forum/tutorial site for concept art creation
More drawing resources from a Game Design site I use
A tutorial site I've only glanced at

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » How to art?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus