Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Rotting World: Prologue

Evalyn Ryes (played anonymously)

Eva moved to stand by the other side of Darik, looking out into the distance to catch a glimpse of the the two before nodding her head. "That sounds like an alright plan." She said, taking a small stick flare from her belt. Handing it to their leader, the mother sheathed her sword before going to the cloth tarps.
Darik Sharpe (played anonymously)

Darik took the flare, "too noisy but thank y.... Uh oh!" Darik watched the two struggle with the undead. "Guys I think now is the time, putting the flare in his back he pulled up one of the museum banners and fastened it to a stone part of the roof, "I'll clear the stragglers and signal for you guys, Asher, I know you only got two shots left but I need you to cover me from the roof."

Jumping of the roof he landed in the banner, dropping ten more feet Darik stood slowly and reached up. Using his Dino Bone Dagger he cut the banner, stabbing a Rotter in the temple he rushed to a stone statue securing the banner giving Eva and her child a safer slide downward, as well as Asher.

Turning he stabbed another Zombie in the temple before lighting the flare and tossing it to distract the rest, "NOW, come on!!" Looking back to check on the two strangers he saw the woman was wounded, this wasn't good. At least the flare was helping slightly occupy the undead Rot Jaws.
Skylar Brannon (played by Victoriantruth)

Skylar watched silently and enjoyed the peace but not for long because the undead seemed to appear out of nowhere. She was confused, she had been watching carefully and hadn't seen anything. These must have been some ninja type of undead. Like ghosts they appeared.

"Let's go help these nerds.. I mean, you see how ninja these undead are, like they just teleported or some shit. It's unreal and unfair to just let them die by some highpowered, flashlike zombies." She said clearly confused and impressed. She wanted to grab her knives but before that could happen, she got bit.

"Well, Son of a baboon's butt. This sucks some goats toes tho.." she grabbed her arm and rolled her eyes. "Isn't this unfortunate.." After a minute of thinking about it, she shrugged and started to murder some undead. If she was bit, she was gonna try and take as many as she could.

She realised that she was doomed to die anyway, sooner or later. And with so many undead swarming around them and the strangers, she would have to do something drastic to make sure they would survive. She and Conner always had a colorful way of ending their suffering planned if there was ever a time they needed to do so. As she killed as many Fuglies as she could, she yelled at Conner. "Remember operation Fireworks?" She quickly gave him a nod towards the bag on her back, not giving him time to actually respond. "Turns out, one of those fuglies got me so I guess now is the best time ever to use it. Right?"

Again, she didn't give him time to respond, grabbed something from the sidepockets and ran back to the swarm. "You know what to do, dumbo." First she cut herself with a knife so the undead were drawn by the blood. And with one push of a button, she blew herself up, taking as many monsters with her as possible and probably confusing the surrounding ones.

It all ended with beautiful fireworks, just as they planned.
When Darik told Asher to cover him he cringed a little as if he were to say you're trusting MY aim? but instead gave him a nod and told him "sure I'll do my best!" once he was told to come down he only had the one bullet in the chamber, he climbed down to the ground to Darik and took his pistol and knife back out.

Asher wasnt quite able to piece together what happened to one of the strangers or what they were going off about until the explosion went off making him flinch a bit, "holy shit!"
Dungeon Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The explosion hurts the building collapsing it slightly the zombies get a chance on those close to it but it seems as if this explosion is drawing every zombie in the city your way.... Thanks to carelessness this could be the end? Please tell me how you all plan to escape now?

((Please don't do that again DontBeTrippin, it was very disrespectful of you, next time you get eaten alive....))

((Asher, you get bit... do you wish to chop off your right forearm?))

rolled 1d20 and got 1
Asher's Bite Check...

rolled 1d20 and got 13
Darik's Bite Check...

rolled 1d20 and got 15
Evalyn's Bite Check...

rolled 1d12 and got 12
Baby Ryder's Bite Check

rolled 1d20 and got 17
Connor's Bite Check...

"Nooooo!!!" Darik takes his Dino Dagger and gets Asher's arm off! He is totally fine if the Dagger he worked for a month on breaks, although Asher is a smart butt he is the closest thing to a best friend Darik has... "sorry buddy," he says dropping the broken Dino bone weapon and pulling out his pistol. "GO GUYS RUN!!! Let's get to the Docks and sail into Lake Michigan until the undead desperce, run NOW!!!"
As Asher gets bit he quickly stabs the undead that bit him and stared blankly at the wound too scared to think of anything when out of no where Darik chops his arm off, it took him a few seconds to register what had happened but when he had he lost his breath screaming in pain while grabbing his now missing arm "FFFF***CK!!" even through the pain he managed to keep track of what the others were doing and managed to follow by them however still struggling through the pain.
Evalyn Ryes (played anonymously)

Evalyn followed after the signal, careful on her way down. The moment her feet touched the ground, her sword withdrew and she followed after thier leader after waiting for Asher. She paled slightly when she heard the explosion and her son started to cry loudly at the chaos. "Oh lord..." She whispered, shaking her head in disbelief. Snapping out of it, her eyes narrowed as she turned to a zombie. She gripped the handle tightly before turning the blade sideways as she slashed at the creature's head, sending both decapitated limb and body to the ground.

"Come on, Asher, I will patch that up when we have the chance. Just keep going." She tried to reassure him, staying by his side to cover him while trying to ignore the screaming child on her. When another zombie tried to approach her harmed friend, the blade of her katana ran through its chest before the tanto sank into the frontal lobe of its brain. The woman would then withdraw her weapons from it to continue on running for the docks.

Moving the group of four to a rather large sail boat Darik gestured for Connor to jump on as the Boat took off, "Evalyn I don't know how to steer this thing I hope you do.... I'll cover us!" Darik had twelve bullets left firing four at Undead that were getting close, "Hurry up Stranger!!!" And with or without Connor the boat took to the bay! Hopefully with Connor on the boat...
Conner McAlister (played by Ambrosia)

*I didn't know you were waiting for me*

Conner was dazed. His ears rang from the explosion and fireworks... she just... why?!...

Operation fireworks was a joke...

He ran towards the boat as fast as he could but he couldn't shake the feeling of dread. They'd been through so much together... in this world Conner knew only insanity, she was his conscience.

2 Rot jaws ahead of him blocked the way towards the boat, he took aim, pulled back the arrow on the string, breathed in and focused. His mind had other plans. For a second he saw Skylar stood in place for one of the Rot Jaws.

The arrow wizzed through the air in a beautiful hum before spitting the image of Skylar between the eyes...

As the Rot Jaw fell, he still saw Skylar... even though he knew it wasn't her...

He drew his knife and stabbed the other Rot Jaw in its temple, pulled his arrow from between the Fake Skylar's eyes then sprinted for the boat.

Conner dodged and weaved as best he could but one of the Rot Jaws grabbed his jacket. He's so close to being home free.

Winter's harsh but not as harsh as being eaten alive by Rot walkers. He removed his jacket and made for the boat as fast he could, losing his backpack in the process. As he approached the edge he leapt towards the parting boat just merely catching the edge of it. The piercing cold water hit him like a tun of bricks, enough for him to forget about Skylar...

He lost his breath as he struggled to get on.
Asher staggered over to the edge of the boat with his chopped arm around him, under his other arm and offered Conner his hand as he leaned against the barrier between him and the water. He may have been injured but to him that was no excuse for letting someone freeze in the water any longer than they had to.

With Evalyn not paying attention, and making sure Asher was alright, Darik took control of the ship turning the wheels slightly he scraped against a few other ships on his way out of the small bay and out towards the lake.... He then turned north and began to follow the coast slowly. "Were on our way to Lakeview Medical hospital... I know of a smaller marina 10 minutes south of there in Lincoln Park, we'll reach there in a few hours with this wind."

He opened his bag and pulled out one of his two bottles of water and took a quick swig, "Asher, you finish this... you above all need to stay hydrated now." Looking at the zombies behind them leaping into the water and sinking he was glad they couldn't swim and had such high densities... Undead sank faster then rocks.

"If you guys wanna see what is below deck just be careful, I recommend one way or another you all should get some rest..." he was tired himself, he got up at yesterday around 8:30am and planned there Museum escape all day and packed all night so it was just after dawn. "I suggest we get into the hospital and get back to the boat before dusk tonite, then sail south and look for our other Harvey and the others

The rocking of the boat made it hard for Conner to get a hold of Asher's hand. He couldn't take some of his focus off the blistering call water. The other boats were coming in fast as Darik steered. He managed to grab Asher's hand but wasn't lucky enough to completely dodge one of the boats as it came in contact with their boat. His right calf was split a little deeper than a flesh wound causing him to roll over onto the boat as he got on.

"SHIT!" He yelled in pain as blood started to pool into the wound. The cold air stung it like blades piercing skin. He saw Asher who seemed to be pale from the loss of blood and knew that he needed help more than Conner did "You're losing blood, fast" He said limping towards him. His wound hurt but it'll have to wait "Drop the arm, it's infected. Useless carrying that around" he said to him, motioning towards the seats behind him for him to sit.

"We'll sleep once we fix this" He replied to Darik "Mighty fine sailing there captain" sarcasm obvious. He limped towards the door to the lower deck "I hope there's something down below we can use, if he's lucky there might be something down there to cauterize the wound" He hoped lady luck was smiling because he was going down there unarmed. The loss of his backpack left him with only his Compound bow. He held it like a bat, better than nothing.

((do you want to roll for me finding anything useful down there GM?))

You don't find any flame, the wound might get infected but we shall see... But I will say that you can find 50 feet of rope, a fish carving knife, two fishing poles, a pair of rain coats and size 7 boots, and size 13 boots, along with a picture of a father and son fishing... if you go into the bedroom there is a zombie child shot in the head and a man shot in the head apearing to be a suicide after killing his undead son. The shotgun is empty however but would work if you found *Buck Shot Ammo*.

After an hour or two you see the port you are looking for, what do you do now??

rolled 1d100 and got 70
How many zombies at the Port?

Darik steers slightly closer to the shore, "guys..." It was still mid-afternoon and the port was crawling with undead, "there is absolutely no way on earth we make it through that horde.... we need another route." He could see the zombies stretched all the way to the hospital, "or maybe we need a new place to look for meds."

He was the leader of the group and he needed to think like one, he had 8 bullets and three arrows. Asher had one bullet for his gun, and from what he could remember both the others were out of ammo. And only had a Katana or combat knives, "ok how about this, I drop you four off north of here at the light house, then I go to the beach south of here and try to light this boat on fire... that way we can grab a boat, at the dock closer to the hospital, for our escape...???"

He hoped the fire would draw the undead away from the hospital and port but then he would be slightly screwing himself over.... but it was his fault Asher got bit in his mind. He also believed that it was his fault that they split up from Harvey and the others, and he worried for the others safety even now.
Asher pulled his head back and cringed at the pain from his arm as he went to stand up, despite the dizziness and the somewhat rocking boat he manages to stay standing "I'll stick around" he said in a bit of a grunt, "I don't know how often you've driven boats boats but, I used to work on one and occasionally the captain would let me"

The door to the lower deck squeaked open. Conner gripped tightly onto his bow. The hollow darkness of the lower deck is something to be fearful of but Conner has seen too much to be afraid of the dark.

The wooden steps creaked with each slow step he took. If it wasn't for the gentle swaying and patter of waves against the sides of the boat, the element of surprise would have been lost.

His limp made it hard for him to sneak, he silently thanked whatever entity gifted him with featherlike footsteps.

Something seemed to roll along the wooden floor as the boat swayed. He kneeled down out of caution, held the bow over his shoulder ready to swing at whatever occupied the blinding darkness with him. The rolling noise grew louder before stopping against the wall besides him. Whatever it is it has a little weight to it. He reached over to grab it. It feels like a flash light, a cheap small one. He pressed the button.. nothing. He held it up to his ear and shook it, batteries already loaded. He pressed the button a couple more times, eventually, it flickered to life.

A small victory but it feels like a short one, the flickering means he only has a little time.

The lower deck looked like it had been ransacked. Clothes, food, utensils, plates and equipment all over the inner boat.

Conner made sure to mind his steps, he didn't want to step on anything... kicking.

He looked around for anything he could use.

"Find anything?" Conner quickly spun on his heels to face the female voice "you were never really good at scavenging" his eyes widened when he saw her.

Conner didn't say anything, the world moves on and he needed to, too. He just carried on, the living are upstairs and one of them needs to be treated.

"It always frustrated you" she mocked "you did do a good job caring for us though" he felt a cold hand on his shoulder. A wave of anguish fell over him, his head dropped as he tried to bare the pain. He got up quickly and just as fast, the figure behind him disappeared into the darkness.

The stench of decay filled the air as he got closer to the bedroom. The door was open a crack. Conner lined himself up against the wall, placed a gentle hand on the door and slowly opened. The stench grew as the the door creaked open.

"Sometimes even the walking are as bad as the dead..." he muttered. Father and son, dead. The son lay on the bed with a hole where his face should be. The father sat on a chair opposite head completely blown off, brains splattered on the ceiling. A shotgun sat in the fathers lifeless hand.

Conner pried it from from his death grip, picking up the duffel besides them. He found the equipment and took the knife for himself, he needed it more than them.

Conner zipped up the duffel and put it over his shoulder, he took the fishing rods on his hands and walked back up to deck.

He tossed the flashlight aside, the damn thing was dead, no use anymore.

"That's a bad idea, please tell me you have had better ones before" he replied to Darik "guy's lost about a pint and a half of blood, anymore and he'll go into shock. We won't even be halfway towards the hospital before he topples. I'm barely limping"

As the boat approached the light house he smiled, "I bet that light house has a radio... as well as a horn. You stay with Ashe and blow the horn while I try to slip past them and get into the hospital." Darik knew his blood type was a good one, if the found a few needles and tubes and a pump Darik could give Asher some blood. Pain needs and bandages would be helpful as well, "here take this, I was saving it for something special but saving your sorry life means more to me." He handed Asher the flask of whiskey, it was only half full but I would take some of the edge off.

Pulling the boat towards the light house the boat beached on the rocky shore loudly. "Come on we don't have much time!" The light house had a padlock on it that Darik used one of his eight bullets to shoot off, "seven shots left..." holding the door open for the group he entered and closed it behind them. "It'll be dusk in a few hours, we need a plan. And I need someone to watch my back, Evalyn would you trust Asher and... our new friend with Ryder? Or are you sir good to travel??" Darik gestured to Connor.

The light house is dark, there is a light switch that actually turns on, a door leads to the basement and a large metal stair case leads upstairs. About halfway up there is a small bedroom with a door that leads to a bathroom, following the stairs up more there is an out dated boat schedule as well as the controls for the light and fog horn. Two glass doors lead outside to a balcony that swings all the way around the lighthouse. However the metal looks badly rusted.... a large wall clock reads 3:45.

Basement: Large metal door seems to be locked, but the sound of a generator can be heard humming faintly.

Bedroom: Picture of two friends ((one with great jelled hair, one who is balding)) and their wives and one of the men has a son, two twin beds with a few pairs of men's jeans and plad shirts. There is a mini fridge with a six pack of Coke with one missing as well as two bottles of Rum, one white and one spiced.

There is an electronic safe under one of the beds that needs a 6 digit code. Under the other bed is a box of tools and a Few board games. On a night stand is a lamp and a few dollars, on the other is a flash light and a box of three cigars.

Bathroom: Mouthwash, Two tubes of toothpaste but no tooth brushes, there is a come and some hair jell, one bottle of hand soap, and two small bottles of Pain Pills, as well as B12 hair loss pills. Under the sink there is a four pack of toilet paper with one missing, it is on the roll and more then half gone with dust that has settled on it.

Office: You can see a lighter on a drawer that is open with a small pad of paper and a few pens. There is a radio hooked up along with an ash tray next to it. In the center back of the light house office is a large metal stand a few feet away from the large light that looks like it is on a pedestal. The metal box had a large switch on it but it is currently off with a warning, "Do Not Use Needs Repairs".

At the other side is a small chain that hangs down with a rope piece at the bottom, this appears to be the fog horn. If the rope and chain are pulled the fog horn will sound.

((Connor: You recognize the boy and balding man from the boat, man what a coincidence... a very sad coincidence.
Darik, Asher, and Evalyn: You recognize the great haired mans wife, her name is Sarah and her husband died a few weeks ago, before she was found by you and your group... She is with Harvey heading south now.))
Asher reluctantly took the whiskey and held onto it to use with something like a rag, as the rest of the group discussed what to do he grabs one of the shirts in the bedroom and goes into the bathroom. He looks in the mirror for a moment and thinks to himself christ I didn't think I looked this shitty, then unscrews the cap of the whiskey, takes off his flannel hoodie leaving him with his light brown tank top and soaks a bit of whiskey into the top he grabbed. Staring at the soaked shirt for a bit he cringes before forcing the shirt onto his severed limb, he leaned down hard onto the sink bench hissing and holding back a shout with his eyes watering from the pain.

Once he finished he put his hoodie over his shoulder, grabbed a fresh shirt, put a little whiskey on it and held it to the limb once again this time only stinging a little and joined the group once again handing back what little of the whiskey there was left.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Rotting World: Prologue

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus