Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Asexual Awareness Week!

Der_Anna wrote:
Though there has been quite a bit of hodgepodge'd debate on whether demisexuality should be/is under the umbrella of asexuality, I do consider myself to be a demisexual. i typically don't seek recognition or evidence of it regarding the gender alignment, but it's always nice to have it spring up!

Demigod?

No... demisexual.

Sooo like partially Venus?

N... :shrugs: yeah sure.

"Demigod?"

"KNEEL"
Copper_Dragon wrote:
I have a question:

Why is there a hippocampus on the flag?

I don't think that, that is on the standard flag.

The only thing I can muster to guess is that the hippocampus resembles a sea horse and sea horses have often been fallaciously thought to propagate asexually as opposed to their hermaphroditic physiology. It would be a crude comparison since the etymology of the word "asexual" isn't used in regard to reproduction but a, also heavily debated, sexual orientation.
JayBird wrote:
Der_Anna wrote:
Though there has been quite a bit of hodgepodge'd debate on whether demisexuality should be/is under the umbrella of asexuality, I do consider myself to be a demisexual. i typically don't seek recognition or evidence of it regarding the gender alignment, but it's always nice to have it spring up!

Demigod?

No... demisexual.

"Demigod?"

"KNEEL"

I like this. I don't know why, but I instinctively looked for a "like" button lol
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Der_Anna wrote:

Demigod?

No... demisexual.

I see no reason to exclude demis from the asexual community! Very closely tied, and still working on being recognized. ^^
Novalyyn wrote:
Der_Anna wrote:

Demigod?

No... demisexual.

I see no reason to exclude demis from the asexual community! Very closely tied, and still working on being recognized. ^^

Oh neither do I. I've just seen a lot of discussion. Some of it is disheartening while others are inspirational. Either way, discourse is good.
Asroc

This truly warms my heart and to see something such as this.
I know that it was last week, but I wanted all of you to know that I think you're all just aces! punpunpunpunpun

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Asexual Awareness Week!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus