Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Possible Genres?

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Sanne wrote:
Kim wrote:
That might simplify the UI in some ways, and let people get a bit more specific. It does have major design implications though. I MUST PONDER DEEPLY.

I also just thought of the horror of sliders for people on mobile devices. Maybe add arrows that you can click/tap to make the bar slide if you do implement a slider.

Magic:
< No Magic / Low Magic / High Magic / Only Magic >

They would definitely need to be tappable.
Turning options into sliders seems like it might get really... involved.
That would create so much extra search criteria.

What if it was just check the boxes that apply?

If they use magic... check yes. Then read the profiles to see 'how much' magic is used. Keeping it simple makes the idea seem a little more attractive, IMHO. Also, much less work for you guys lol.

Highjinx wrote:
Turning options into sliders seems like it might get really... involved.
That would create so much extra search criteria.

What if it was just check the boxes that apply?

If they use magic... check yes. Then read the profiles to see 'how much' magic is used. Keeping it simple makes the idea seem a little more attractive, IMHO. Also, much less work for you guys lol.

Both methods are definitely under consideration! :) I may do a testing phase like I did for the page management interface last year, where before it went live people got to play with it and see how it felt, and I refined until the major user-interface kinks were worked out.
I suggest a Lovecraft/Cosmic Horror tag, but I'm probably biased since my most favored character falls under that /SHOT

Quick update: I've been working on prototypes for a nearly instant RP matchmaking system, incorporating some of these ideas. Each design round has made it simpler to use (I hope!). It doesn't rely quite so heavily on genres at this point, just based on how many and how complex that turned out to be. Hopefully there will be a version you guys can try out ready in the near future. :)
Yay for prototypes!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Possible Genres?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus