Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Thief vs.Thief (1x1 Closed)

Still rather new to this part of the continent, a woman had heard of a legendary dagger that had the ability to stop time. It was definitely something no one could pass up getting. To top it off she had paid someone off to get her a map to show the location of where this dagger had been hidden for centuries. It was in a temple and a large one at that. It was huge in scale, and had golden statues guarding it. The building had been severely taken over by the wildlife that had formed over the years. It was strange seeing so much green in a desert. Having only been in the desert lands of Kozaria for only a couple of months it felt refreshing to see trees and flowers again. The woman took a deep breath, inhaling its sweet scents.

She was of course, dressed in black, in case there were actually still people guarding this place. On her head was a black cap that had her hair tucked away that also hid everything about her except her bright blue eyes. She wore a tight black suit that traced her curves well. She had a dagger on her side and various little pouches on her waist that held things. She also wore knee high black boots. Because it was night time, the temperature had dropped so she would not suffocate nor suffer from heat stroke from wearing leather. She would make her way into the building.

Having lit a torch she slowly moved through the tower avoiding anything that looked like it was booby trapped. It certainly seemed empty in here, so much dust-- She stepped on a tile that sunk into the ground. Her eyes widened as she dashed forward. Arrows shot out from both sides of the wall, one scraping her arm. "That was close..." She panted out once she made it to the end of the hallway. "I need to be more careful.." She said and then looked ahead, studying the room. It had some type of puzzle to it. Groaning with annoyance she walked over to it, seeing there was three animals on three rocks. She saw those three animals again on a wall that appeared to be able to move. Looking at her map it gave her the answer and she aligned the correct rocks up. She would then move forward into the darkness.";
Blaise O'Malley (played by Jello_Monsta)

The Temple appeared to be empty, but in the shadows lurked a figure. He had seen her the moment she arrived, and all he could think was 'Who the hell is this?'.

His name was Blaise O'Malley, a world renowned thief extraordinaire. He had stolen quite a lot in his lifetime, from precious jewels to women's hearts. What made him renowned was his ability to never get caught, granted he was only known for this from those who ran the black market.

He watched the newcomer as they moved with his light honey eyes, shaking his head slightly. Amateur. he thought, as they stepped on a trap tile and had to dodge arrows. He noticed one hit their arm, and knew he would be able to handle this situation quickly. If the Temple didn't kill them, then he would. He popped the collar of his jacket up, covering the lower half of his face as he started to follow them through the Temple.

He had scouted this place out for months, learning every way in and out while memorizing everything down to a speck of dirt on a tile. This was not just some job for him, this was personal gain. Deep under this temple was a dagger that granted it's carrier the ability to stop time, and reverse what happened. This legendary dagger was what he thought to be the answer to his deepest turmoil and ultimately save himself. And nobody, not even a lost little amateur was going to take that chance away.
Raine Asawa (played by InquisitorCat) Topic Starter

As she moved through the dark hallways that were ahead of her, a shiver ran down her spine. She looked back behind her, feeling like she was being followed. She saw no one however and looked up as if rolling her eyes at herself and then continued on her way.Glancing at the map as she walked she noticed she was getting closer to what she wanted most. Her heart pounded as she walked into the next room. She made her way to the podium and made certain she did not step on the right tile that would of course, release a giant boulder... at least thats what her map said. Standing on the left tile she looked at her next puzzle. It required an item that would essentially plug into the holes.

She searched in her small satchel and pulled out three different keys. Each one had a different animal on it like before, and she looked at her map, reading the directions. She first placed the bear in the left hole, the eagal in the right, and then the whale in the top hole. She took a deep breath and turned the eagal key first, then the bear, then the whale. After all keys were turned a loud CLANK would be heard. She flinched, fearing a giant boulder would fall out, she was relieved to find no such thing happened, but the stones in the wall began to move, revealing her next passage. She would carefully walk away from the podium and make her way down her new hall, lighting the torches lined up along the wall as she did with her own torch. It was a long and cold hallway, she wondered if it would ever end. Thats when she saw it. Light beamed down onto the shiny object. She could barely contain herself. She ran into the room that was lit up by the moon light and, while avoiding the left side of the room made her way to the dagger. She carefully lifted it up. "I can't believe it." She said laughing as she looked at her prize.

This had been the part Blaise had been unsure of, what would happen once the dagger was removed from the pedestal. He winced as the unknown amateur picked it up, waiting for the whole Temple to collapse down on them. It never happened though, and he found himself somewhat disappointed. Nothing made adrenaline pump faster, than running for your life.

He watched as they inspected their prize, slowly moving towards them. "I see you found my dagger." Blaise said, smirking slightly. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to hand it over though, I worked much too hard to have it just swept away from my grasp." He was not leaving this Temple until he had that dagger.

The woman jumped a bit when she heard the mans voice. She narrowed her eyes and whipped around, looking at him. "Excuse me? Your dagger?" She laughed sarcastically. "this is MY dagger. I did all the dammed work. Why don't you go find something else. Finders keepers." She smirked, watching him. She then gracefully stepped back and stepped on the left tile, it sinking into the ground. With a grin on her lips she heard a loud clank and then just like that she dropped her torch and took off running back the way she came. Dashing through the building like her life depended on it, in the room where the treasure had a laid, the roof opened up and a gigantic rock.. ball fell from it and if the man did not move, he would be run over and killed. Running through the corridors strictly by memory, she did well not to step on any extra booby traps.

Blaise narrowed his eyes as she took off after she pressed the trap tile. He could play this game too, much better than she ever could. To be honest he had been surprised when he learned the amateur was female, a very fine looking female.

Blaise managed to dodge the giant boulder and pulled a cross bow from his jacket. He aimed at the girl at first and then to the side, hitting all the trap bricks on the wall. He'd smirk as he'd lower the crossbow and bolt forward, catching up with her quickly. Traps were going off left and right, and even someone as skilled as him was having trouble dodging them all. Perhaps he had gotten a bit carried away with the cross bow, but he wasn't about to let this dagger escape him. "It'd be easier if you would just give me the dagger!" he shouted through all the chaos.

"Shit.." is all the woman could mutter as she watched the booby traps unfold. The floor underneath her feet disappeared and she yelled as she fell barely able to grab onto the ledge she pulled herself back up and grunted. "Like hell I am giving you this! I need it!" She growled as she took off running again. Arrows flung at her once again from the walls, this time one hit her leg the other skimmed her back. She groaned in pain but kept her pace steady.

She ran like her life depended on it. She panted heavily as she dodged the flails and swords that would flung out at her. "dammit all!" She yelled. Then she could see the light from where she came in at. So close was the exit, then she could ditch this loser. She looked back behind her for a brief moment as she ran with such speed to see how far behind her he was. Because she was short and small, she was able to move quickly, but with her injuries and an arrow sticking out of her left thigh, she did move slower.

"YOU NEED IT!?!? I NEED IT!!!" He shouted, gaining on her more quickly now. She was fast, he would give her that but he was a professional god dammit. He could see the exit now, and he smirked beneath the collar of his jacket.

Up ahead was a hidden trap that the temple guardians set up for those who might disgrace the temple, a secret trap that only those who possessed the title of guardian of the temple knew about. Who he just happened to be a descendant of, who told him during his dying breathe the secret trap after the dagger has been removed.

Ten more feet to go. Five. One. Suddenly the floor opened up just as he reached her, he moved quickly hitting the pressure point in her wrist and making her release the dagger. As it fell his other hand shot forward grabbing the dagger and then kicked her back. He hit the ledge, gripping onto the rocks tightly. He looked down as she fell, "MY APOLOGIES MISS, BUT THIS DAGGER IS TOO IMPORTANT! DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY!!!" He shouted down to her as she fell. He grimaced slightly at his actions, his desperation. He slowly pulled himself up onto the ledge, and stood up as he panted heavily. He looked down the hole, hoping that by some miracle he hadn't actually killed a woman. He let out a small sigh and then turned to leave, he had a lot of traveling to do before sun rise. You didn't want to travel in the desert during the day time.

She screamed when she lost her foot AND her prize. "YOU SON OF A BITCH! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS!!" She would soon disappear into the darkness of the hole, her scream fading as well. The man would get off scott free since she seemed to fall off the face of the Earth.

Some time would pass over, what felt like days to Raine. She stumbled back the way that she had come in the desert underneath the night sky. Getting out of there would have been impossible for any normal man. But she was definitely something special and now she had rage in her eyes as she limped and stumbled through the sand. "I-I'll get him!" In her lovely fall she had fell into a chamber that was filled with undead soldiers. There had to be 5 or 6 of them. Luckily for her though, they were brittle and nothing but bones so they weren't hard to kill even though they got some hits on her. Three new cuts on what she called her perfect body. Oh that man was going to pay. Killing the undead wasn't even the hard part. It was getting out of that dammed pit! She searched and searched for some type of exit but there was none. She hit every stone and tile but nothing ever happened. So, the only thing she could do was rip the arrow from her thigh out and her dagger in her right hand and start climbing up the wall. It took nearly 5 hours to reach the top. Once there she rested for another 3 hours.

So now she was on the road again, seriously wishing she had her horse at the moment. "Leave him behind, she says.... You'll be fine she says!" She had the knack for talking to herself when she didn't have her horse. It would be some time before she would reach town. She looked like hell. Her uniform was ripped all over and was covered in blood and dirt. "Booze... I need booze...." She made her way to the tavern and stumbled to the bar. Pulling down the part of the mask that covered her face. "Please sir... your finest alcohol." The tender nodded, turning away. Thats when it happened, she noticed red hair in the corner of her eye and she whipped around seeing the man that had almost killed her. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" She attempted to tackle him to the ground. "GIVE ME MY TREASURE!"

Blaise had been sitting in a tavern, enjoying a nice aged whiskey when he heard some kind of battle cry. He glanced over to see the woman from the temple, and blinked in surprise as she dove on him tackling him to the ground. He had to admit he was a bit surprised to see her, though he was glad he had in fact not killed her.

The patrons of the tavern all stared wide eyed at the scuffling on the floor as Blaise removed her from her person. "Would you hush up about that!" he whispered in a scolding tone. He didn't need more people knowing about the dagger. He managed to get her off of him and restrained her hands, "How about we talk about this in private?" he whispered in her ear, gesturing with his eyes towards the crowd that was now gathered around them.

She growled angrily, struggling against him when he grabbed her arms. She growled at him and then looked at the people gathered around her. She would rip her arms away and get to her feet. 'Fine!" She snarled out angrily. "Tender! A room!" She barked. The man pushed his mouth to the side and handed her key/ "End of hall up stairs." She nodded and grabbed the mans shirt pulling him to his feet and then shoved him forward. "Move it."

Blaise dusted himself off as she shoved him and scoffed, "I had a room, you're not too bright are you?" he sneered, though there was a smirk on his face. She was feisty, he kind of liked the breath of fresh air she gave off.

"Hey watch it, I just had this coat cleaned." he said as she gave him another shove. He straightened his jacket and walked to the room the keep told them to go to and stopped at the door waiting for her to unlock it. He folded his arms in front of him, and cocked an eyebrow at her "Ladies first~"

She glared at him when he remarked about his coat. "Yeah! Well! I'm drenched in dirt and my own blood thanks to you!" She growled and followed behind him. Once they reached the door she stealthily moved around him and unlocked the door. "Yeah. ladies first." She pushed him into the room first. She never trusted anyone, especially a man. She would wait a second before entering the room and then shut the door.

She grabbed her hooded mask and pulled it off completely, her long black hair falling to her shoulders as she looked at him. "Where is my dagger." She growled. "I endured blistering winds, scorching deserts, freezing mountains looking for that dammed temple and you will give me my reward." She said with narrowed eyes. She walked over to him grabbing the collar of his shirt roughly. It looked kind of silly because of their height difference.

Blaise turned to look at her and scoffed, "And I didn't? I endured those things too y'know." he said, his arms still folded in front of him. "Besides, you should know the rules to stealing. There are none, so don't take it so personally, and the dagger is gone anyways." he said, watching her carefully. She had a temper, that was for sure. He turned from her then, looking around the room. He sighed as he walked around, "I think this room is bigger than mine..." he said, frowning a bit. "Going to have to talk to the keep about my price.."

Her eye twitched a bit. "Gone you say?" She started laughing. "GONE!? What the hell do you mean gone!?! Do you have any idea what you've done?! Where the hell is it, tell me!" She said looking severely upset and angry. She put her hand on the hilt of her dagger, ready to throw it at him.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Thief vs.Thief (1x1 Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus