Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Falaroth (Semi-Closed)

Suyana (played by BossMcFloss)

Suyana had for a brief moment some relaxation, lost instantly when it was revealed she must again travel. Suyana knew her life, no rest was hers, only watchful sleep. Even then, that was a rare delicacy. Beyond her own discomfort she gazed, past the monolith was a large purse of gold, all she saw and what she sought. Her greed was incredible.

The weary elf rose from her claimed patch, covering the ground between her and the horse, mounting the beast. Again the elf of hatred turned to the group, rageful and annoyed. "When shall we depart? I grow weary, wearier." She stated, nostrils flaring with anger.
Isabella Cotton (played anonymously)

Isabella walked to the mule, patting it on the head as a greeting... If it cared one way or the other, it didn't show. She set to securing her items to its saddle, before removing her robes and tabard, folding them and tucking them into an empty saddlebag.

With the ornate and luxurious outer wear gone, her appearance seemed much less... Magical. The simple nature of her other clothes, the shirt, the pants, and even her weapon choice, all made her seem little more then a peasant farmer.

"No. I do not believe any more will be joining us this evening. There were only four of us at the... Meeting. You make five, assuming you are to travel with us beyond the next city. Our host was... A little vague on some points."

She readied the mule next, affixing the bridle and reins, checking the saddle. Then Isabella calmly walked her out of her stall, coming to stop near the elf and her horse... Her proximity not exactly comforting to the mottled horse.

She looked at the elf mounted on the horse. "Impatience." She climbed up onto her mule, the creature only a little smaller then her companion's horse, before continuing. "Weariness would suggest a disinterest in continuing. Nevertheless, I do agree we should begin this as quickly as possible. Though, I might also add our Arachnid associate," she waved her hand at Myra, "lacks a mount... An issue we should address. It seems hardly appropriate to make her walk. Both as a courtesy, and from a logistics standpoint."
Myra Aedynheim (played by Draken901)

"Right on miss. Me riding on a horse or mule would bring quite the discomfort, both for me and the beast. They don't like foot-spikes digging into their sides too much. I know that from experience. And they're just too slim. It would practically be me having to do a balancing act the whole way through the journey. Although if there's like a herd of grand boars or something of those beasts' statures around here, I can whip up something that'll tame one of them for a while."

She takes her pack off her back from under her cloak and gets out a small trunk. She takes a stone out of it, and begins tapping at it on the ground with a hammer and chisel.
Angrim (played by floatch) Topic Starter

Angrim politely responds to Suyana,"Right now if the group pleases, my lady". He makes sure his sword is sheathed securely and skillfully mounts his horse. It bucks its head a little as he grabs the reins and turns it towards the open end of the stable. "Oh, and pardon Vellwynd, he is very forgetful sometimes. We'll be heading to the city of Amisterlem. The journey shan't be long, a day or two at most."
He pauses momentarily. "And for the mount... I suppose that will delay us a while more here. I'm sure all of us will be glad to help you find something proper, once we leave the stable. How about it?" Angrim pats his horse.

((Completely forgot to respond, sorry. Also I ain't got much else to say.))

Suyana made no motion to either word, instead focusing upon a small jay in the distance as it danced about in the air. She was bored, indeed impatient as her companion had revealed, but also too prideful to admit such a flaw.

After a few moments of tapping away at the stone, she lifts it up and looks at it, inspecting the crudely etched symbols on the stone. She packs up the trunk, and pulls out a small bag, reaching a finger in and smearing green powder into the symbols. After that, she puts the bag back in, and slings her pack back onto her back. "Yes, that will be alright. I've got a rune-stone prepared now if we encounter one on the way."

Isabella slowly nudged her mount forward, until she was outside the shelter of the stable. The horses all seem to relax as she distanced herself. If the weather bothered either the woman or the mule, it didn't seem to show.

She turned Gloom slightly, allowing her to look back from her saddle. First toward Myra, studying her, and the little crafted stone for a moment. Her gaze shifts to the others, then finally settles on Angrim.

"Well, it would seem us ready then, Sir Angrim. Would you care to guide us?" She waves her hand, inviting him to take point.

"Yes, of course, just follow me "
Angrim moves his horse out into the somewhat soaked street and nudges it into a trot opposite the direction from which the group had entered the town.

Suyana uncomfortably shifted on her mount, lacking experience in such a field quite embarrassingly. She akwardly attempted to force the beast to move, to no avail. The elf did not seem keen on stopping, though she had made no forward progress.

Isabella watches Angrim take off, then looks back at the others. She steers Gloom back toward the struggling elf, pausing beside her before turning again to face the same direction.

"Nudge it with your heels to go faster. Do not hold the reins taunt.... they do not like that. Instead, move with the animal. Pull left to go left, right to go right. Gentle, but firm. Shifting your weight helps too. Pull back on both reins to stop. You have to treat it like a living thing. Communicate what you want of it."

She nudges her own mount forward, demonstrates the basics of what she just went over, and circles around Suyana before stopping beside her again.

"Questions?"

(Er.... Hello?)

((Hi))

(I'm gonna post later. This thread somehow dissappeared from my dashboard.)

Myra began to walk with the group, away from the town. The rain making her cloak heavy as she walked behind Angrim. She took one last look at where she had just came from. The stables and town now getting farther away as she kept on her new venture with her newfound allies. She took a moment to look at what Isabella was doing, and then kept on her way.

"So, i'm assuming we're going to have to camp out a long the way to our destination, correct?" She looks over at Angrim for an answer.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Falaroth (Semi-Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus