Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Derelict (Closed.)

Vera poked her head out from inside the cupboards, her ears twitched as she listened in on their conversation. Vera blinked as she stared at the two strange man, oddly enough she had never seen them before on the ship, yet again, she never really did leave the medical bay. The halfbreed crawled out from her hiding hole and glared at the mess the woman from earlier had made, she sighed heavily while rubbing her temple, it was propably going to be her cleaning up the mess at the end of the day.

The halfbreed pulled her hand away as she walked out of the room and quickly made her way to the small group with her hands in her coat pockets."So did you kill it or no yet? ." Vera asked, she cocked her head to the side as she stared at the vent."And do you have any information on what is it?." The medic asked calmly.
Akilina Nadezhda (played by ZrinX) Topic Starter

"Say lassy, did you catch what it looked like? Did anything happen?" Said the big hulking person from inside his armor. She grimaced at that word. It sounded condescending, Like she was a child.

“No, I did not. We were hiding in closet.” She gestured to the hybrid coming out of the room. "So did you kill it or not yet? And do you have any information on what is it?”

Akilina turned to her, “No, it escaped in vent. I do not know what it is.” She leaned over and peeked in the vent. She pulled out her flashlight and turned it on. The walls of the vent were stained black, like soot. Whatever it was, it had left them alone. “Did you two see it?” She asked the two guards.

Meanwhile, in the cargobay.

The creature writhed around in the vent system, Moving with purpose. It came it a vent grate, it threw it off the wall and it hit the opposite wall. The thin, black, translucent creature slid out of the vent. It stood up, its fingers almost touching the floor. It walked its hunched body down the line of cages. The quiet footfalls echoed through the cargo bay. The hall was dark, almost pitch black save for the light bleeding in from the flickering lights down the hall.

It stopped in front of a cell and walked close. The creature made clicking sounds as it reached inside, The occupant was just out of reach. The faceless abomination leaned in close to the bars. It's gelatinous body seeped through the gaps in the bars. It encroached on the terrified person. He was unable to scream as the creature opened its chest cavity and sucked the person inside. The dark, transparent skin was filled with a deep red as it tore the man apart.

Once it was finished, it walked back outside the cage and continued on. The gore being absorbed as it walked off.
Remus Doran (played by TheTwilightWarrior)

"No..." Remus said plainly. "I think we should check the cargo bay for any missing anomalies. Either that or something just sneaked into this ship. I'm not quite sure which one's more plausible." He twirled his revolver in his hand, thrusted it back in his belt and walked to the hybrid, his breathing patterns seeming erratic . "I need oxygen, I'm running low." He reached into one of the pockets of his duster and pulled out a small scrap of paper with various medical details. "Here's my script. Dr. Henry Stafford, see?" He showed the hybrid the paper. "If I'm gonna go hunting rabbits, I ought to be in the best condition possible. I can't aim straight if I hyperventilate."
Hasgramorne (played by Draken901)

"I'm gonna shoot a concussive rocket down there to see if it will flush it out if it's still inside the vents." He kneeled down, aiming his cannon at the inside of the vents. He pulled the trigger and a rocket shot off into it, with a loud crack and directly after the sound of an explosion, with a gust of air blowing out from inside the vents. "If it' still in there, it's either running away or got slapped up against the vent walls." He slung his cannon back onto his back and stood up.

"I'll go ahead and check the cargo bay." He began walking down the halls.
Maetharanel (played by HufflepuffPisces)

The sound in the vents got closer, and she moved to the center of her cage, watching as the vent was thrown outwards, making a man jump and scramble away from the bars of his cage.

Something she hadn't seen before seeped out of the vent, almost like a black cloud, or a creature made up of gel. It had obvious features like a faceless head, arms and legs, but besides that it seemed to constantly shift as it made its way to the man who had jumped. Lights went out, and the remaining ones flickered.

Mae watched it silently as it squeezed itself through the bars of the man's cage. So much for staying in the center. She thought, frowning. The man appeared to be paralyzed with fear, unable to move or even make a sound as the creature tore him open as if with claws, and she saw it bend it's head, apparently draining the man of blood. Some sort of blood sucking spirit? She wondered, watching it's black form be tainted by red.

It released the man, who fell to the side with his chest cavity open, and the creature walked off in the direction the man in the hat had walked. Cowboy hat! That's it! The name popped into her head as she breathed a sigh of relief, the creature out of sight.
Vera pulled her attention away from the vent and glanced at the approaching space cowboy, what was wrong with his breaths? They were heavy and rapid! The hybrid raised an eyebrow as she looked at him, she was about to ask if he was alright but he was very blunt about what he needed. Vera blinked a few times as she examined the paper throughly with her eyes." Ah, so it is,that won't be a problem than! ."Vera said while turning around, she motioned for him to follow as she walked towards the medical bay." Just follow me than my tall friend! We wouldn't want you to be cock eyed now would we?." The halfbreed said while cracking a smile, hopfully he would understand her small joke and not take offense to it? Yet again, she wasn't a mind reader, so hoe would she know of the outcome? Regardless she had a task to preform.

"I'm gonna shoot a concussive rocket down there to see if it will flush it out if it's still inside the vents."

Akilina nodded her head before she realized what was said. She was barely able to utter, “Wait, What?” Before the rocket was fired. The deafening roar as the rocket left the chamber was only quelled by the high pitched ringing that followed. She stumbled back and held her ears. Her ears were ringing so badly that her vision was blurred. It was amplified by the small, metal hallway.

She was so preoccupied with the ringing that she hadn’t realized that everyone was walking away. She looked both ways, Deciding on which one to follow. The large, possibly retarded, guard with an itchy trigger finger. Or the cowboy and the hybrid. She decided to follow the guard, He was better protection and he was the only one who was alone. She quickly ran to catch up with him, Having to walk almost twice as fast to keep pace with his large stride.

Are you insane?! Who fires rocket in small hallway? Where are you going? Actually, Wait a moment for my hearing to return!” She had no idea how loud she was talking because the ringing was still all she heard. She could at least still see, She saw the lights return to normal. From what she could gather, That meant the monster wasn’t nearby. Slowly, The ringing decreased in amplitude enough for her to hear the heavy footsteps of the person walking next to her. “Okay, That’s little better.” She said, Still slightly louder than her usually voice. “Where are we going?” She asked.

"Jesus Christ!" He blurted as Cairn fired a rocket into the vent, seeming to recoil in shock. This shock almost prompted him to draw his revolver back up, but luckily, it never came. Risky... but... something tells me I'd do the same... Wait... what? He thought to himself.

He sighed with relief in his mind. Remus put the script back in one of his pockets and nodded. "Thank you very much." He said plainly, before following after her. He cracked half a smile as she made that joke, although she wouldn't be able to see it. "Not at all." He said seeming to agree.

As he got up and started walking down the hallway, he gave a chuckle. Simply due to the fact of everyone's surprise of him shooting a concussive rocket into the vents. Obviously, doing the same thing he has done quite a few thousand times before didn't phase him much, and most of those times were with REAL rockets. (as well as the automatic dampeners on his helmet help also.) As the lady ran up to him, he craned his neck to look at her through his helmet.

He waited a moment before speaking. "Heheheh. No, not at all. That was a concussive rocket I fired which has Hasgramordian typing and make. Essentially what they are, are the rocket shells, just filled with artificial sonic waves and force. It can send stuff flying like a real rocket, but it's destruction factor is negligible. It's basically a... 'mostly non-lethal projectile.' Aside from a few dents and scratches in the terrain, and maybe a bit of shrapnel, you'd basically be okay if you don't fly with the waves and get slapped up against a wall or floor." He continued to walk down the halls towards the cargo bay.

"Well, I'm going to the cargo bay. If I can find a container or something there that's open, we can probably find out what this 'thing' is lurking around the ship."

She carefully watched the cargo bay around her, turning every so often. She wasn't far from the center, and trying to keep a 360 view was difficult. Every slight sound made her shift. What if the creature decided it wasn't full?

After a few minutes she heard two sets of footsteps, one rather light, the other heavier. Neither were the creature's, and she faced the direction they came from, waiting with apprehension and curiosity. Did they know about the creature? Were they the cause of that loud bang just before the creature had appeared? What if they didn't know?

While she didn't feel any fondness for the staff of this ship, she didn't particularly want them all slaughtered either. After all. If they're all dead, so am I. She thought with a wry laugh. "Hello? Who's there? Be careful!" She called when she thought they were close enough to hear her.
Vera's tall swished around as she picked up her pace towards the Medical bay, perhaps it would be a good idea to ask him to stay with her after getting him his oxygen? Even if their was a small chance that the creature was dangerous she wouldn't want to take any chances, besides, the woman from earlier seemed very frantic earlier about it, so maybe it was full of bad intent? Regardless, it seemed like it was worth a shot and the smartest option.

The halfbreed opened the doors to the medical bay with a simple push using both of her arms, she walked in and quickly jogged towards one of the many cabinets that where placed against the wall. The room wasn't ginormous but it wasn't small, it was a 430 foot square room, so it wasn't to bad and served it's purpose on being used as a medical bay, the only thing that made it look bigger than the size it actually was were the light blue curtains that cut off half of the room, behind the curtains where medical beds and a deactivated droid, of course that section of the room was void of any life.

"Sorry, just moving a couple things out of the way, just hold on for a bit."Vera stated as she carefully moved things out of her way as she looked through the cabinet, she grumbled before pulling away from it and closing it. The half breed pondered for a few moments before remembering where she was holding the oxygen tanks, or at least where she had last placed them, an f bomb was swifty dropped after her realization. The tanks were in the storage room near by from what she can remember, it wouldn't wouldn't take that long of course, but it was still an annoyance and unprofessional. " Or...for more than a bit."Vera's ears dropped as she turned around.

“How can something be ‘mostly non-lethal’? It is or it is not, There is no between.” She said as she massaged her temples. The painful migraine was still plaguing her. “You can not be mostly dead.”

“The cargobay is good idea.” She thought for a moment. “I wonder why the ship has not gone into full lockdown. It should have when creature escaped.” She said to the guard. They continued to walk down the cramped halls, She trailed behind the guard. She was constantly looking over her shoulder, Looking for flickering. That was the only sign that the monster was near. The heavy footfalls of her current companion undoubtedly transmitted their location to the creature.

They enter through the threshold of the cargo bay. There were containment units lining the walls. They were simply jail cells inside intermodal containers. This group was obviously less funded than The Foundation. The conditions were appalling, She felt sympathy for the creatures. “So far, No open units.” She said.

As they continued through the slightly wider halls of the cargo bay, She heard someone calling out. She struggled to make out what was said, All she heard was “Be careful!”

She turned to the guard, “Did you hear that?” She asked. “The monster might be nearby, Get that ridiculous thing off your back to where you could use it” She said, hushing her voice. She looked around, Searching for the source of the call. She looked to her left and saw a vent grate laying on the floor. She tapped the guard and pointed to the grate, Then to the open vent. “Before you do anything, Let me know.” She asked.

Remus entered the medical bay. He looked around, expecting no less of what such a place would look like. He huffed, but then coughed violently, convulsing as he did so. He stood straight and cleared his throat. As he did so, he watched the half-breed rummage through the cabinet. He crossed his arms and waited, his breathing patterns remaining that sporadic pattern.

"What do you mean? What's the matter, doctor...?" He seemed to ask three questions at once. First what she meant, second what's the matter and third her name, assuming she was a doctor.

"It's kind of like a high powered tazer. They can shock things to make them stop moving, but if you do it too many times to the same thing, or hit a weak spot, that thing could be injured or paralyzed. Same thing thing with the concussive rockets, except the only things vaguely electric with them are their contained sonic-waves." He craned his neck back forwards. "It probably got busted or something. Maybe even turned off."

As they got to the cargo bay, he was looking around with his thermal vision. He forgot to turn it off earlier, but that might've been in his favor if something were to happen.

As he heard the voice and the woman commanding him, he slung the cannon off of his back and aimed down the halls while walking through, putting another concussive rocket into it's barrel. He went over to the vent and peered down it. "This thing really likes schunting vents, doesn't it?" At that moment, he noticed a faint trail of foreign footprints leading out of the vents. Just barely visible thanks to his thermal vision. "Follow me, I see a trail." He followed the prints, leading to one of the cages...

She saw two figures appear by the vent grate that the creature had thrown. The male started to approach the dead man's cage, "Finally. You should be careful. There's something wandering around breaking chest cavities open." She called to them across the cargo bay, and watched them, listening intently as she moved to the edge of her cage. "It came out of the vent, killed him rather brutally, and left." She explained.
Veras ears twitched after he asked her multiple questions to answer, talk about rapid fire, but at least he was a fast talker, which ment communication wouldn't be tedious, Vera had more than her fair share of patients that took a decades to spout out a simple sentence. The half breed cleared her throat before walking pat him and towards the exit." Vera Canid, but just Vera is fine." She stopped at the exit and turned her head to look back at him." And it seems that what you need isn't actually being contained in this room, but in another one instead, I personally apologize for the delay." She stated with a fast tongue before looking away and grabbing the keys off of the door that she had so carelessly forget about earlier.

Vera was gone and out of the room in what seemed like a blink of an eye, the doors to the med bay swayed back forward and back at her departure.

The halfbreed dashed down the hallway, her tail flicked up and down as she sprinted. Vera quickly came to halt and slid a couple feet past the door that was her destination. She quickly turned herself around and made her way to the door with haste before pushing the door open, another thing she forgot to do, close the door behind her.

The door swung open as Vera walked in and quickly examined the room left and right, where the bloody hell were they? She thought before looking at the mess that was made earlier." Well than,...that's a bit of a piss off."She said while picking up a broken oxygen tank, she scowled at it as she held it in her arms." That's one wasted, out of six?."She questioned to herself before dropping it and moving further towards the messy emptied locker, to her good fortune, she was correct, two more oxygen tanks were left in good shape.

Vera picked both of them up, one for each arm and quickly walked out of the room, she made a mental note for later as she closed he door behind her useing one of her hind legs, clean up that darned room.

Akilina listened to the guards explanation of his weapon. She wasn’t sure that he grasped the concept of pressure waves.

"This thing really likes schunting vents, doesn't it?" He observed. She looked into it as well, It seemed empty. “It appears so, At least we are understanding how it moves. That helps us predict its movement.” She said. She stood back up and looked down the hall. It seemed fairly safe, No flickering lights.

"Follow me, I see a trail." He said as he walked towards a cage, She followed behind him. She walked around him and looked in the cage.

"Finally. You should be careful. There's something wandering around breaking chest cavities open." It was the same voice from earlier. It was coming from the occupant from the cage behind Akilina. She looked at the prisoner empathetically, Then back to the bloodied cell that the guard was inspecting. “I can see that.” She said.

"It came out of the vent, killed him rather brutally, and left." Said the occupant. Akilina turned to look at the woman in the cage. “Can you tell us which way it went. We need to find a way to re-contain it. Can you tell us anything about its behavior or composition?” She asked. She brought her hands together and smiled widely. Her Russian accent made her sound more unfeeling than she really was. She often resorted to body language to convey her pacifistic and peaceful demeanor.

"Very well, doctor Vera." He walked a metre before sitting on the bed close by. He watched her about to leave.

"It's okay doc. Just, don't take too long." Remus said plainly as she left the medical bay. In an attempt to manage his breathing, he laid down on the bed and tried to relax. The anxiety of the creature springing out of any corner earlier was terrifying for him. He wondered what the creature would look like. He was hoping that said creature wouldn't look like a spider of some kind. Spiders were just too much for him. He shuddered at the thought."

"Breaking chest cavities ope-...?" He stopped in his tracks as he looked inside the cage where the creature's trail led. Seeing the gruesome scene made him wince a bit. He shook his head. "Well, at least we know what else it's capable of doing... The guy looks like he got split open by an upward slash from a Kratokesk."

He continues looking around, continually following the trail of the creature. "So eh, you think it's still safe for the cargo to remain here? At least the sentient ones? Because if this thing comes back here they're basically all going to be an all you can eat feast for it." He keeps tracking the trail, eventually seeing that it's leading towards one of the halls. "This might be bad. It looks like it's heading out through the halls."

She looked at Akilina and Cairn cooly. "I certainly could tell you...but I'm just a prisoner. I'm locked up. I could tell you about it, track it, help you kill it. But certainly not from in here. But I do appreciate your friendly manner, miss. It's more kindness than anyone else here has shown me. So I will tell you which direction." She pointed to the way the creature had gone.

She watched them curiously, wondering what they were thinking, what they would do. She expected the man to threaten her, the woman to appeal to her good side. Mae's good side was very good. But good was no use in this situation; good wouldn't free her. Good wouldn't save her from the creature. Good had a place and time.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Derelict (Closed.)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus