Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Centered Collapse Titles

There is currently no way to center a collapse-able paragraph's title without centering everything within the paragraph as well. Any chance we could have a new tag to support this? Or maybe you could persuade the collapse code to be okay with being a /center sandwich? I know it's a bit risque, but the collapse tag needs to live a little!

Suggestions:
Centered Collapse title
Because you other brothers can't deny.

Compatible code

Texttexttext.

Done with <> so it doesn't actually format. >_>";
Sanne Moderator

Oh look.. I think I'm centered.
Yes collapse tag, you are!

From what you posted, I think you ran into a little bit of wrong formatting on your end. ;) The way a collapse tag works is the following:

Code:
[collapse name="Collapse me!"] Yay, you did it![/collapse]

Just like with any piece of coding, you need to make sure the order of your formatting is correct. If you add the center tag before the collapse tag, you can't just end the center tag in the collapse tag itself! That doesn't work and is bound to cause all kinds of strange occurrences. :3

If you add the center tag before the collapse tag, the ending center tag comes after the collapse tag, like so:

Code:
[center][collapse name="Collapse me!"] Yay, you did it![/collapse][/center]

If you don't want the text in your collapse tag to center as well, you need to define the text inside the collapse tag as being aligned left or right.

Mommy, I'm centered!
Good job, I think I'm sticking to the left though...

That code would look like this:

Code:
[center][collapse name="Collapse me!"][left] Yay, you did it! [/left][/collapse][/center]

See how everything is neatly ordered and in the right sequence? If you stick to that formatting, you shouldn't run into any issues again. :D
... oh wow. That inadvertently helped me, too-- I had no idea you could actually align the collapse tags AND what is inside of them separately. That's pretty nifty!
Kaiser Topic Starter

Aha! Nice. Yeah, I didn't know you could do that either. For some reason, in my mind, it was forbidden to put formatting inside of the collapse tag, and I didn't think to try it.

Thanks Sanne!
I knew it, but I would wish that the "headline" of the collapse text could be resized.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Centered Collapse Titles

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus