Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Past Forces (Private)

Falderan (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

An outdated communicator tuned to no longer used Republic and Separatist frequencies sprang to life. Gently drifting through the inky void of space Fal picked up the droids message. Highly curious by the use of an old signal he went up to it to investigate. "Someone requesting a Jedi specifically?" He says looking over the message thinking it may have been a reactivated distress beacon or something. He gets on the frequency. Listening in on it the message gave specific coordinates to an old droid factory. "What's this all about? I would have thought an imperial base would be there? Though. It could be an interesting look." Fal says tapping his chin. He sighs. "Why do I need to be curious." He says locking in the coordinates and starting the hyper drive to shoot to the planet.
Several droids were waiting at a landing pad as Fal's ship drew closer, the Tactical droid being one of them. Once Fal landed his ship and got out, the droid walked up to him. "Greetings." The Tactical Droid said. "How did you receive the Coordinates to our home?" The Droid asked, wanting to be certain Fal picked up the signal.

As he landed Fal was shocked by the droids. How were there separatist battle droids still operating here? This was a curious question. With lightsaber in hand he came out ready to slaughter the clankers much like the apparent good old days. As he wandered out he looked to the droid cautiously. "I think you know. An encrypted Separatist transmission. Not used since before the end of the Clone Wars. Dismantled a year prior. Yet you still rang it out? Surprising I picked it up." Fal said pondering the luck of this. "So why did you want a Jedi. Last I checked you didn't get along with them?"
"We didn't get along with the republic. Regardless, the Republic is long gone now." The Tactical Droid said. "Secure the ship." The Tactical Droid ordered. "Please. follow me. My Master has some issues he would like a Jedi's assistance with." The Droid explained as they went into the factory. They stopped at a security scanner, which checked the Jedi for any listening equipment that might be on his person. Once that was done they continued on, with the droid taking the Jedi to Vikkal's observation chamber. "Vikkal, the Jedi has arrived." The Droid said.

As droids went to secure his ship a simply force push locked the ship down and sealed it as the droid and Fal entered the base. Inside Fal took note of the old factory. Decayed and rusted in some places but still surprisingly functional on what little supplies remained. Reaching the observation chamber he saw the insectiod Geonosian. He cocked an eyebrow. "Haven't seen one of you in a while." Fal comments. Vikkal clicks and chirps. Translating to 'we are all but gone Jedi. We need your help to combat this ever growing threat'. Fal however understood nothing of the chirping. "Droid. What is he saying?" He asks the tactical droid tapping his foot.
"He says hat the Geonosian species is all but gone, and that if we are to stop the Empire, we will require your assistance." The Droid explained.

Fal looks over the area and the makeshift and drastically smaller droid 'army'. Should it even be able to be called that. "With this force? I'm sorry but stopping the Empire will take many more forces then what you have. You should never underestimate a foe. For any reason." Fal says knowing this apparent force won't be enough. "Though damage could be done." He says pondering. Vikkal clicks some more and nods. This would translate to. Is it a deal? Fal turns as if understanding. "Lets hear what you have to offer."
"Our current troops mostly number in the twenties, after we have produced more droids. A small portion of our BX-Units are controlling an Imperial base we just recently captured." The Droid explained.

"You'd be lucky to take out a Star Destroyer with the amount of troops and weapons you have. A fleet would wipe your resistance of the face of the galaxy." He says glaring over the factory. His hardened eyes looked over the scene. He had never been so neutral or almost happy to see a working droid factory. But now things were changing. "Standard battle droids aren't very good at gorilla warfare so chances are you won't win a full on field battle or espionage with them. The fact you took a base was surprising. But the base would be interacted with soon. Imperials send monthly teams down to investigate and check the base is operating well. So soon you'll have that issue." He explains doubting how much use these droids can be in the long run.
"That is why we are needing assistance." The Tactical Droid said. "I recall during the Clone Wars that many times I was told one jedi is equal to an entire squadron of droids. I had even heard stories in more recent years of rogue Jedi taking out entire Imperial bases on their own, before inquisitors arrived. I believe with a Jedi at our side we may stand a better chance against the Empire." The Tactical Droid explained.

Fal held back a strong urge to cut the droid down. He looked to them. "Fine. But I want all information you have. I don't want a single piece of information to be kept. That's my requirement. No secrets from me." He says cautious but sensing the truth from the Geonosian. Vikkal clicks. This translates into 'very well give him a manifest and all crew data. We will need trust to survive.'
"Roger Roger." The Tactical Droid said. He walked off before returning after a while. "This manifest should contain all current plans, current troop numbers, estimates of where we will be regarding our troops by the time we run out of resources." The Droid explained. "If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve our odds, please don't hesitate to share them." The Droid added.

Fal snickers. "Never knew tactical droids could ask for help. Always thought they considered their thoughts and calculations perfect above all else." He says turning to Vikkal. "I thought you bugs were allies with the Empire?" Fal asks regarding the Geonosians and their allegiance. Vikkal clicks and chirps for a little while telling a brief history of what happened. In short it translates to. 'The Empire betrayed us not long after it formed. Billions of us were slaughtered on our world. Our nests and catacombs destroyed as we were no longer any use to them. As far as I know I am the last. The rest were butchered by the imperial dogs as we were betrayed.'
"My AI has been upgraded to remove that flaw." The Tactical droid explained, before translating Vikkal to Falderan.

"Hmm." Fal says with a grunt. "Guess we have something in common." He says looking over the data pad the droid gave him. "Very well I shall go over this information and I expect my ship to be left alone." He says wandering out and returning to his ship. Needing time to come to terms with all that has happened.
A few hours passed as Droid production continued.

Fal spent the better half of those hours reading over the droids data. He was amazed how they remained hidden so long. Looting old command posts and the odd ship which came by for fuel and supplies. By this point it was dark on the planet and night befell them all. Fal wandered from the ship back to the Tatical Droid. "Very well. Maybe we can be of use to each other."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Past Forces (Private)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus